Reviews for The Lion King: Responsibilities
Truewhovian82 chapter 3 . 4/14
Boys will be idiots, and woman will be confusing creatures, thus is the how love works
JNSx7 chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
Kopa, you dork! Vitamin digs ya, man!
JNSx7 chapter 2 . 8/14/2013
Timira, no! It well make things a whole lot more complicated in the future!
a fan of lionkin chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
Great story but I'm not sure about humans in the pridelands doesn't sound right
Zero Unit RGB chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
I loved when Nyota sai 'Not to get caught', it was so funny. And this entire story was more intense than the actual series, I found it to be a nice change but I hope it doesn't stay that way in the next book. This was good, it really was.
thats-a-moray chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
This is a great little story. I noticed a lot of subtle nods to the movie, which I always enjoy in a fanfic. It was interesting how Zira was already banished before she attacked Kopa - a lot of writers have it the other way around. I'm assuming Kovu and Vitani wound up together as well as Timira and Babu? It would be nice to have some closure, to know if they got married.
thats-a-moray chapter 3 . 12/18/2012
The dialogue between Kopa and Vitani was adorable. I'm curious how Vitani got Kopa to trust her. Most lion prides have only 20-30 members, so even though Kopa is young he would probably know everyone in the Pridelands by name, meaning that he would realize Vitani wasn't one of them. Did she tell a lie? And how long have they known each other? Since Kopa calls her by a nickname (Tani) I assume they've been friends for a while. I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to know more about their relationship.

Typo: In one paragraph you wrote 'Baby' instead of 'Babu.'

I like the theme of unrequited love in this chapter. It's cute to see the cubs having crushes. I'm also curious about the Rogues Grove. You have a lot of interesting ideas.
thats-a-moray chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
The discussion between Timir and Shadow was very mature. I felt like they both made good points, which is much more interesting than making one of them clearly wrong and the other clearly right. I sympathize with the tough decision they have to make.

Great job for the dialogue with both the kids and adults. However, I was a little surprised when Timira said "It's my responsibility." She seems a bit too young to have such a strong a concept of responsibility, but then I don't know her very well yet and she could have learned it from her upbringing. It's not unbelievable but it does stand out somewhat.
thats-a-moray chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Great first chapter. Your characters are so full of personality. I'm always impressed by writers who can say so much in so little words. Simba and Nala's personalities are spot on, which is also very impressive, but even more so is the fact that Simba isn't boring here. A lot of writers don't seem to know what to do with him. I'll be reading the rest of this story and letting you know what I think. :)
Incarnate Firefly chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
Aww, it's so sad what happened to Timira's father. Still, it explains why she tried to stay true to the betrothal. The ending is nice though, with a touch of your signature sense of humour. Does the present-day perspective take place before or after the last part of your trilogy?
Zero Unit RGB chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
Yay, Lion King V is coming soon. Anywho, this wasn'tbad and I found it cute how Vitani was irritated and didn't even know why. And I can see that Babu has feelings for Timira.
kate chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
Please put up chapter 4 soon and hurry
Incarnate Firefly chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
"What's most important to me is that Kopa is with someone who makes him happy and will support him when he's king. Nala and I believe that Timira would be a very agreeable match but I wouldn't force them to marry if they didn't want to."

"I can't believe my mom and dad are making marry someone I don't want to!" Kopa scoffed, pacing back and forth.

Irony is funny in a story. Except while you do it under humour, I use it to get my characters killed...sorry...

The conversations about marriage with Kopa/Vitani and Timira/Babu are very funny and all, but I can't help but think wonder if they're a little too young to have these feelings for each other. I mean, I understand that you're foreshadowing, but I just feel it odd that even some of the cubs would have their sights set on who they want to marry already.

By the way, you wrote "Baby" instead of "Babu" in the last section.

And yay, you're going to start the conclusion of your trilogy soon! Will it be even longer than The Rogue Pride?
Incarnate Firefly chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
Well, I wonder what Kopa's reaction to this will be. I mean, we all know what's going to happen in the end, but this looks like it's getting interesting. How long is this story going to be anyway?
Zero Unit RGB chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
Nice one Boga. Timira seems like a very obedient and king lioness, I can see why she was Simba's first choice for Kopa.