Reviews for Captain & Commander - AU Rexoka Stories
Jess Marylin chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
Rex is going after Ahsoka! Yay!
Lionheart Rising chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
Now this I liked. Rex and Ahsoka, taking on the world. But the poor 501st...
-Dryad
LongLiveTheClones chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
Rex in jeans! And, headed after Ahsoka... Mmmm... This is such a delicious start to what promises to he an amazing tale. I can't wait to read more. All of the characters read so well in this. Rex. Kix. Anakin. Feel so bad for Rex leaving his men but excited for what surely promises to be adventure ahead.
Little Kunai chapter 6 . 12/2/2013
this was an excellent chapter and maybe beyond my personal hopes there will be whats meant to be. that anakins a smart one
Little Kunai chapter 5 . 6/14/2013
thatll learn em!
Little Kunai chapter 4 . 6/14/2013
awww such a bittersweet parting its a good thing anakin was watching them, i wish theyd had a real chance
Little Kunai chapter 3 . 6/14/2013
daaw i'm really getting into rexoka
Little Kunai chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
i really like this
Guest chapter 4 . 3/17/2013
Wow! That takes skill, you've managed to turn the saddest end of an episode into a hopefull ending :D
sachariah chapter 5 . 3/12/2013
I so enjoyed reading this one again. Rex vs Lux is obviously a non-contest, but it's also a guilty pleasure for just about any Rexsoka fan. This one was like pure candy. :D

Rex's opening moves were totally those of soldier, but Ahsoka's involvement - and Rex's own as-of-yet unconfessed feelings towards her - turn the scene into a personal matter in short order. I loved Rex's observation that the crazy takeoff had to be an Ahsoka stunt - he knows her well. :)

Lux went down so fast it was almost disappointing, but frankly this wasn't even an mismatch - Lux doesn't even register on the same scale as Rex. I suspect this was part if the reason Ahsoka felt compelled to stick up for Lux, at least a little - considering that she still considers him a friend, it would be hard for her to not feel a *bit* sorry for him after a takedown like this.

You did a masterful job running with that little suggestion here, and the end result is fantastic. Granted, Ahsoka might be correct in thinking that Lux would never knowingly harm her, but Rex has none of that assistance, and frankly, Ahsoka doesn't know Lux well enough to be completely sure. She's naturally sympathetic and trusting, and since she did know Mina Bonteri at least a bit, she has to feel for Lux's desire to avenge his mother against Dooku. But outside of a few chats during their first meeting, Ahsoka really doesn't know Lux as a person all that well at this point, and as the actual episode demonstrated, Lux's stupidity makes him almost as dangerous as an outright villain.

Rex's arguments here are of course backed by his own personal feelings on the matter, and I'm sure he seethed a bit inside when Ahsoka tried to defend Lux. But his words ring true regardless, and he manages to give a clear and logical argument without verbally betraying his own feelings. Naturally his mind jumps to the worse possible motives for Lux stunning Ahsoka, and while we know that wasn't the boy's intent, the fact that he would consider incapacitating his "friend" and/or girlfriend to get his way is a sign of a huge character flaw. Lux is a boy accustomed to getting what he wants, and he isn't interested in letting someone else's judgment stand in his way. That sort of self-centeredness is a terrible thing to bring into a relationship where both parties need to be willing to give and take, and to give space to the other when he/she needs it. After all, if it's okay to stun the girl when she doesn't like your choice of a date venue, why not play the same card when she doesn't feel like spending the night in your room? IMO, Lux's actions are disturbing at best, although this is one case where I'm fully happy to place the blame on the character himself and not the writers (unlike *cough* Barriss *cough*).

Rex's shakedown of Lux in the cabin was pure genius - the Captain methodically dismantles the boy's claims and forces Lux to recognize (if not acknowledge) the foolishness and selfishness of his "plan". When I first read this scene, I felt Rex might have been a bit too hard on the kid, but in retrospect, his actions and words makes perfect sense. He's not disinterested in this episode and doesn't pretend he is - this is his Commander and his friend Lux who tried to attack - and frankly, I don't think he'd see Lux as deserving much compassion right now - especially since the boy doesn't give any indication of remorse for his actions. Lux needs to man up and take responsibility, and in the absence of that, he deserves a good drubbing, at the very least.

(*Loved* how Rex waited to reveal his identity till the end - Lux's angry assertion that Rex "didn't know" Ahsoka was priceless! But it's also likely an accurate portrayal of the attitude he and many Separatists would have had towards the clone troopers in general - if the Republic citizenry thought of their own soldiers as flesh droids, I would imagine the Seps would think even less of the clones)

Oh, and the image of Lux banging on the cabin door and yelling for Ahsoka... epic. XD

*"You could have looked like you hadn't enjoyed it as much."*

Ha! Loved this line from Ahsoka, and their entire conversation at the end. It definitely feels like Ahsoka "gets" why Rex reacted so fiercely, and in fact I almost get the sense that she's goading him a bit with her apparent defense and/or interest in Lux, just to see Rex's protective/possessive instincts come out. I love how she ultimately lets the matter go, unwittingly validating Rex's earlier statements about who she should trust most. The introduction of a little jealousy on Rex's part definitely would mark a shift in their relationship, if a subtle one, and I suspect Ahsoka may well have enjoyed the Rex vs Lux episode a bit more than she's letting on as well. ;)

Fantastic! :D
Knifeinthedarkness chapter 5 . 3/9/2013
Well thats a different look at that
impoeia chapter 5 . 3/9/2013
I very much like this scene. I must say, having Rex in the equation puts a totally new spin on events and you did it perfectly. His actions and assessments were so realistic, I could really see how this would be the result if Rex had been on the ship. I especially like how you tied in his presence with the events of Umbara. Given your chapter about that and Ahsoka's general character, she would make that kind of decision and it gives them a semi-quiet moment to explore and realize some of the changed dynamics of their relationship. One example being Rex's caress of Ahsoka's face; it shows a depth of emotion, but also a shift in the lines that used to separate them and the roles in which Rex sees them. Before Umbara, he never would have done this. And then there's his general protectiveness of her.

What I really like is his logical assessment of the situation (tampered by his emotions) versus Ahsoka's tendency to trust her friends explicitly. That does tend to get her in a lot of trouble. And Rex's assessment of Lux's looks simply made me smile. He's not very impressed, is he?

I have to wonder, will there be a chapter about Rex and Ahsoka finding out that Lux wanted to take her to Carlac and the Death Watch? I would love to see that and Rex's reaction to this 'plan'. I wonder if Lux would find a way to get them to Carlac anyway and Rex's reaction to the 'betrothed' scheme. Now that would definitely earn the Senator a few more bruises.
Eregnar chapter 5 . 3/8/2013
This chapter was strangely satisfying.

I don't hate Lux like some people do, but I couldn't help but wonder how Rex... or any of Torrent company, really... would have reacted to the osik Lux pulled in that episode if they were there with them. :)
Kelana-ti chapter 5 . 3/8/2013
LOL! Rex; 3. Bonterri; 0. Rex knocked Lux out, talked him down, and Ahsoka would rather hang with her Captain. :D Oh, and something I just thought of... Rex would probably think of Lux as Bonterri. He's a soldier, and doesn't like Lux, after all... I'm gonna have to remember that myself. :D
Jess Marylin chapter 4 . 3/8/2013
Very, very bittersweet. Definitely the best. :)
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »