Reviews for Something Beautiful
zuckerwuerfelchen chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
This has made me sick to my stomach. I can not tell you how brutal it was to read that. Yet, I thought it was exceptional. Thank you. I especially liked Chapter 2.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/27/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Floraflower chapter 2 . 6/24/2013
This story is really beautiful, in a sad way. Thanks for writing it!
light at last chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
Wow, I didn't expect another chapter for this, which makes sense if you didn't either. I think that hearing it all from Rusty's perspective is really interesting, and also horrible. Poor Rusty. He just keeps getting more and more isolated, and he really does love Isabel, but she's killing that a little bit at a time, which has got to just feel like he's not really capable of loving someone unconditionally, when really, Danny is proof that he can, it's just that unconditional love has to have some conditions, really, you can't just let someone hurt you. And that was an awful run on sentence, but I don't feel like fixing it. I'm on summer break from university, I'm allowed.

Anyway, I would love a third part. I want to know who it is in the living room. I mean, Danny is the obvious choice or possibly Isabel, ending it because she's finally got the determination to get him away from her, even is she can't stop hitting him. But I think it could be Saul, or even Livingston.
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
I just felt like letting you know that I just read the second author note for first chapter and I'm still laughing.
Sappho's Cat chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
(Too lazy to log in, my apologies)

Well, I was surprised to see a follow up too! And pleasantly so for me (though pleasant seems to be somewhat of the Wrong word). I certainly hope to see a third installment!

Your writing is most exquisite and beautiful and painful. While I have never been in a situation like rusty's, I consider myself to be emotionally sensitive, too much so, especially with people I am close to. Therefore, I empathize greatly with rusty's care and watchfulness and attempts to avoid setting Isabel off.

While the first installment was tear-jerking enough, seeing it all from rusty's perspective was worse. Seeing more near-interventions was mildly uplifting though (in the way you have of giving very mild emotional ups before even worse emotional downs, slowly throwing my emotions permanently out of whack).

Thanks for the lying tip though (regarding throwing in extra details). I'm building up a collection of tricks and tips from heist movies and related fanficfion, so that when my own criminal career takes off... I'll be a pro.

Thank you!
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 2 . 6/9/2013
there better be a third chapter. I could have live with this as a one-shot but you can't leave it there now. No.
Gnimaerd chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I sympathize a little with both of them; Isabel for holding a towel and asking for him to tell her to go away and Rusty for telling her that he wants her to stay, and for Rusty telling her to keep it off the face-And I think that she might want him to tell her to stop...

Not that she would remember to, but it might be a relief.

I wonder sometimes if the abusers can be victims too. Not that the victims aren't victims but rather that the abusers have the horror to live with themselves.

Sometimes.

Your poor story here needs more nourishment reviews.
InSilva chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
And now, obviously, I have to review this one. :)

Sighing for the AU of “And Away” because we know how that one goes and really, Rusty should be sitting under a coconut/banana tree with Danny but here, he doesn’t run. And yes, she’s horrified at herself and yes, he loves her. Still want this relationship explaining to Danny.

Agree with Maia about how well you write the “inside the head” view. Never easy and you do it effortlessly. All the jealousy and the volatility and the rage and the love that is screaming inside her at what she does. And while I feel sympathy for the being cheated on the first time, just as I did in “And Away”, there is no justification for what she does.

Hate that it becomes routine. That this becomes their life, this cycle of hurt and hate and love and forgiveness. Hate that the steps to Isabel hitting him grow shorter. And sigh because Rusty will understand the crazy and will love her in spite of it all. Sigh for him knowing her moods just like he knew his dad’s in mtc but what’s different here is that he wants to stay and he wants her to stay. But she’s not the future that’s right for him.

And of course the echo with “Keep if off the face…keep it where I can hide it.” Aargh, she whimpered.
Maia2 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Ouch. This was... disturbing. I mean.. very good, but very disturbing. It's not usual we get to see this side of the story. The monster's side. Seeing why and how it really affects them. That they truly do feel sorry. Only not enough. Not nearly enough. The monster has feelings, it feels pain. But still a monster.
I can imagine how it would require writing down. Wouldn't want to have this stuck around my head.
Thanks for sharing
Maia.
ayrenni chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Hey there!

It's a long time since I've been here (and even longer, that I reviewed... ;-))
But I have to tell you, I really liked that one. Especially the "Fight Club" quote
at the end really got me!

Well done, just as usual!
light at last chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Wow. This is an Isabel that's...really difficult to deal with. But I can definitely see Rusty reacting this way, especially in the context of More Things Change, if this is meant to live in that 'verse, which I mostly assume things do unless explicitly told otherwise. I hate that Isabel keeps blaming it on him, but he'd probably blame himself some too, and that's just not okay. All I can hope is that at some point Danny will figure it out and find some way to help.