Reviews for Pokemon Adventures: The Highest Power
x009x chapter 25 . 12/14/2014
Hello! Here, have another long review to complete the third arc! I’ll say something fist, English is not my native language (I’m from Brazil) so this review will probably have lots of mistakes and grammar erros. Please tell me if you can’t understand something.

Well, here we go! First I will tell what I loved about the whole fanfic.

I read all three arcs within one week and this is probably the best Pokespe fanfic out there. Only you and another author (who thankfully gave X and Y some love, they are my traumatized babies now ) The adventure is well connected with everything in the canon and I loved the way you made Sird the villain. I wonder if Kusaka will remember her existence someday… anyway, congratulations on the success of this difficult task. You had 16 MAIN characters in a single story and managed to put everyone in the same plot. I don’t know if you read the manga called Fairy Tail but the author, Hiro Mashima, have more or less seven main characters and another 30 important characters for the plot. He is a monster, a professional monster, but you managed to be more or less like him and this is awesome, my friend. I also loved the way you made personalities for the Pokémon partners. This is not something people normally do, they tend to focus on their trainers. But here you even put dialogues between partners and I loved it. The fact that N is interacting with everyone is awesome too, he really needed positive interaction besides Black and his sisters. I don’t think his interactions with White were positive, but at least she forgave him for Gigi. And since we are now in this topic, what happened to Gigi? I don’t remember seeing her in the fanfic. The White in your universe does not seem to be the same in pokespe but the bacon (yes I don’t like that pig) is her main partner besides Amanda.

The plot is, well, awesome. They are finally working against a cosmic horror story and dude, you know how to make it scary. I love every second when the Enemy or Sird appears, and your Darkrai have a great personality. I laughed out loud when he started to insult Sird out of nowhere.

Phew, that’s it! I hope you liked the positive review! Now I will talk about some parts that bugged me, if you don’t mind. I hope it somehow helps you in the fourth arc!

Like some people already said, there are drawbacks to having so many characters. It seems that you cannot focus on just a few and make character development. Yes, I know they already had their development in their arcs but the human being doesn’t stop developing, right? This is even the main theme in Pokémon XY: evolution. With something as huge as a sacrifice being a necessary thing to do I hoped to at least see someone be angry at their decision. Black, for example, doesn’t have the personality to just go with such negative flow. He would think hard about other solutions and ask if there is another thing they can do and even if the answer is negative I just can’t see him accepting death that easily. Sure, in the ending of the BW arc he accepted pretty easily the fact that he had to be in the light stone so maybe I’m wrong about him.

But then again, Ruby probably wouldn’t accept it, not when he saw lots of people he loved dying in front of him (before Celebi did his time shenanigans). I can’t see Gold accepting it either since he refused such concept of Heroic Sacrifice (I came here from TV Tropes by the way) since he already managed to escape from one in his own arc. The same goes for Silver. In the HGSS arc it was pretty much stated that Silver wouldn’t sacrifice his life after so much suffering in it.

This whole ordeal with them accepting death seemed out of character for me. But I’m not a specialist in the subject of criticism. This is my personal opinion in the concept of death. Besides that, well, some people already think they are this in canon, but I found Yellow and Red both a Mary Sue and a Marty Stu. They are loved by everyone, they are the strongest in their field, etc. Even when they did such a stupid decision (it was stupid in your universe, Mewtwo said so) in the hall, their Pokémon didn’t get angry at them. But maybe this is only my personal opinion again but they should at least say something like "Don't ever do something like this again!". But I read your fanfic way too fast so I probably missed something that cancels it, like, I don't know, someone pointing their erros or something? Please tell me if I missed something.

Another thing! I’m sorry if I’m being rude but this is the first time I’m doing a review for such a huge fanfic! N managed to atone for his crimes, sure, but the region of Unova doesn’t know about it. Why are they okay with the (ex)leader of an evil organization working with them? Alder might be a forgiving person and the Dex Holders saw the whole manipulation that Ghetsis had on him, but the other people (and Gym Leaders) didn’t and is for this exactly motive why he is still a fugitive in B2W2. But then again, my favorite characters are Ken Ichijouji (digimon adventure 2) and Zuko (avatar: the last airbender) so I might be biased towards the trope of Reformed But Rejected. I just think the whole process of atoning have some pain and random people angry at you, it's only natural.

OKAY, THAT’S IT. I AM SORRY IF I SOUNDED RUDE. But your whole fanfic is awesome and I am really anxious about the fourth chapter. Can you believe that everyday I go to your profile just to see if you updated? I hope everything is all right with you and best wishes with next arc!
eeveelutionlover2000 chapter 7 . 12/13/2014
Yowl of Time! I love you!
...Or more of a...
Yowl of Time! I love your ideas and story and your imagination and descriptiveness and personality showing etc...
This Yowlverse story is the best Pokemon Adventure/Special ever written in . Seriously, it's very good. Just one question.

What do you think of the Fairy type?

Since the fairy type came out, it must have screwed up/conflicted a bit with your story? And just thinking, but what would have happened if the fairy type came out sooner? You probably would have another plate bearer right? I was just randomly thinking about that as I was rereading the entire series, and decided to post in this chapter as it contains the Ritual. And though it's just one of my random thoughts, do you think you would have included Wally/Mitsuru as the Pixie Plate bearer? I mean he's a major support character in RS and seems quite similar as he is frail (which is one thing I connect with fairy's), and he used to have a Ralts (Ruru).
the-ice-cold-alchemist chapter 25 . 12/10/2014
This is by far the best manga Pokemon arch on this website I have ever read, and I have been on for a long time.

I love how you have tied everything together, the story and all of the character dynamics from the first to the third arch.

I will be waiting for the next chapter for sure.

Thanks so much for the story so far and kudos.
Guest chapter 25 . 11/28/2014
The wait is known killing me. Man I can't wait for the final arc. You should really add soul I'm a big fan of soulslivershipping.
Sanokal chapter 25 . 10/28/2014
Far out, talk about HSQ. This was incredibly epic, but that cliffhanger though...poor Palkia.
Nevertheless, I'm looking really forward to the next installment!
Guest chapter 25 . 8/16/2014
You're such a great and creative writer! Please continue writing this series! I'm dying to know how it ends!
13DiamondPython13 chapter 25 . 8/15/2014
First time anyone's replied to my review! Woo! But anyway, I swear to God you have killed me right now. XD Please continue this as fast as possible.
13DiamondPython13 chapter 22 . 8/15/2014
It's because Arceus is a normal type. The plates are actually meant to change it's type in the games, but in Yowlverse, you could technically consider Arceus herself to be the Normal-type plate.
13DiamondPython13 chapter 7 . 8/14/2014
Wait, does this mean that Yowlverse is a post-apocalyptic world? Or just thousands of years in the future?
13DiamondPython13 chapter 4 . 8/14/2014
"The world will live on and prosper."
...I see what you did there. ;)
SarakuHD chapter 25 . 7/21/2014
I can assume that the dex-holders that scattered are in their respective regions. Then again, they could be VERY random :)

Gwaah, I read the set in one day! Insanityyy! Can't wait for the nxpext installment.
SarakuHD chapter 2 . 7/21/2014
I'm not even done reading yet and here I am reviewing XD

I realized something from this chapter; sixteen plates. Sixteen types. Sixteen dex-holders.

You sneaky ninja.
lime green lily chapter 25 . 7/23/2014
I started reading this earlier. It was 12:13 AM. I finished the first arc and half of the second by 2 AM. By then, I refused to put it down. I love this story. It's so thrilling. When I finished the third arc, I kept posting on tumblr how much I love the Yowlverse.

I'll be waiting for the fourth arc!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Man I love this fan fiction! But when are we going to see something about arc 4 the wait is starting to get to me. Please finish this whole story.
Staska chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Yowl. Next time you should tell us how long your hiatus is going to be, because i must be annoying by now. I can't help it since i am in need of a fanfiction. But keeping readers in an ilimited wait doesn't help patience. You should at least tell us the next date of release for the last arc.