Reviews for A Pleasant Kind of Folly
Laziness Incarnate chapter 1 . 12h ago
This story is amazing. I love the moment when Fran tries to gently reject Balthier without saying it outright and he understands completely. You've really got these two and their understanding of each other down perfectly. Thank you for writing this.
Spongyllama chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
This is so good. The way they spoke, both to each other and the words alone, are so utterly resembling of their speech and all dialogue in XII as a whole that I'm astounded. You have a true skill and I'm really glad you wrote this fic. Just as well, their emotions and the surroundings - even Vaan's "Yeah!" made me laugh because everything worked so well and was so fitting. Great job.
Shadowdrake Magi chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Amazing prose and storytelling here.
kasumiino chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Beautiful! What a way with words you have; you must have excelled in English classes. This reads like prose and poetry, and you have totally captured and elegantly portrayed the characters of Balthier and Fran. As I read this, I felt like I was back in literature class, reading one of the classics. Well done!
Heaven's Cataract chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
That was perfect: the dialogue, the characterization, the themes, everything. Just wonderful, and I'm glad I picked this to read in my insomnia.