Reviews for It's a Wonderful Game of Chess
meridian-rose chapter 6 . 12/23/2012
'No, we're not, Chess huffed.' LOL, I've loved Chess in this fic :)
Great fluffy ending!
DixonVixen93 chapter 6 . 12/22/2012
Wow, can't believe I was so slow with reviewing this. I missed last chapter and everything! I'm so sorry. Last chapter was awesome, though. Dana's babbling was adorable, even though it was sad. :( *huggles them both*

And then this chapter? Epic. Dana and Orwell being best friends? Loved it. Deveraux going to see Max? Sweet. Peter, Vince, and that mistletoe? Priceless. xD Vince, you just got owned, my dear.

Lovely ending to this fic, dear!

IronAmerica chapter 6 . 12/22/2012
It's over...? Awwwwww. :(

Deveraux needs the warm squishy feelings. *hugs him* Peter, don't be a dummy and enjoy the decorations. Seriously.

Poor Dana. She needs squishy holiday hugs too. :( Or Vince. *glowers at Vince* At least she and Jamie are having fun.

Yay! Deveraux's got his squishy holiday feels. :3 And Max gets to bring out the wine, as always. :P

Vince, this is a stupid idea. Why don't you just admit that you're secretly attracted to Peter and stop skulking around? *sighs* And only Vince would ask if Fleming was drunk if mistletoe is involved... Of course, given that this is Fleming and Vince... *shakes head, sighs*

And yes, Chess, only *Vince* would have to be sober to consider jumping out a window. Or poisoned. Wait, does that count as intoxication? *shrugs* Whatever.

Poor Peter. *hugs him* At least he got Vince, right? :D

Lovely end to the fic. And hey, it could be worse-there could have been moonshine, rotgut, or Max's snakewine. :P

phnxgrl chapter 6 . 12/22/2012
Interesting ending! I loved how Peter wanted a Fresh start with Vince. Kudos!
meridian-rose chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
"Something always seemed to get in the way—"
Like a mask." I loved this part!
"He did not like where this was going, especially as it was impossible to kill the Lich a second time." Oh, yes, if he'd known, he and Chess would have killed the Lich more slowly.

"Why am I surrounded by idiots? If you take us back, your friend Max will be alive, will he not?"
LOL, perfect line, in character and to the point.

I'm sorry it's almost over, so I'm looking forward to the epilogue :D
phnxgrl chapter 5 . 12/16/2012
Interesting trip in a different universe for Peter/Chess. Please continue.
IronAmerica chapter 5 . 12/16/2012
It's updated! :D Three new fics and an update? In one day? I feel so special...

Well, we did agree that Peter was kind of a dummy... *sighs* Oh, that's just sad. Chess, ask Deveraux to separate you for a few minutes so you can kick Peter's ass. Please.

And... Vince? Vince, what... Oh my. Um... You know, I'd prefer him to be in a coma, you know? Because at least then there's the chance he'd wake up and everything would be okay, but... Where's Sam when you need him? *is sad* Awwwwww. :( :'(

Peter shoulda given Dana a hug. After asking, of course. But...poor Dana. :(

And for once, Chess manages to cheer someone up. *hugs Deveraux tightly* Poor thing. Deveraux needs a hug now. Or a swift kick in the pants.

Yay for Peter! :D

No quibbles. Lovely chapter, if a bit depressing in some places... :( *stares at Vince; lip wibble* Awwww...

meridian-rose chapter 4 . 12/8/2012
That was a surprise :D But it all made sense!
Sorry for the late review. Looking forward to chapter five :D
DixonVixen93 chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
:O Max! No, Max!

Good chapter; I wonder what's gonna happen with the carnival now! Probably won't see much more of them since this is focused on Pence, but oh well.

What in the world is Vince in the hospital for? *sighs* He's always getting hurt, isn't he?

Great work, looking forward to the next chapter!

IronAmerica chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
It's been updated! Yay!

Oh Deveraux. You just can't resist doing this, can you? :P

Awwwww... Great. You've gone and made me cry again. :( *mutters* As if my day didn't suck enough already... And Gregor killed him? GDI! *headwalls* Rip my heart out next, why don't you?!

Chess does have a point about the carnival sideshow thing... :\ Ouch, Peter. Ouch.

...Peter has a heart? Of course, given that he just lost his wife again... :( *hugs both of them tightly* And I know Deveraux can't be entirely focused on the contest. He had to have been...

Vince? Vince, what happened to you? Vince, come put a... Oh god, he's in a coma, isn't he? You jerk. What have you done to Vince?! As if having a headsplitting headache from hell wasn't bad enough... *headwalls*

Lovely chapter. No quibbles. If you'll excuse me, I have to go cry and try to fix my heart.

meridian-rose chapter 3 . 11/30/2012
I love Chess's "She would've been fun this way. We would have been perfect together." Good call killing Danielle though, to make sure this universe is as, and even more, depressing than the real one.

"Without Chess as his archenemy, there was no reason for the Cape." Of course! Nice one :D

My only concrit, and opinions on this will vary, is that we're in Peter/Chess's head most of time and occasionally Andre's, but the "Served Stilton right for getting in the way, Rosethorne thought" seemed a bit out of place to me, jumping to her personal thoughts for that one moment and no others.

Max next? Oh, I'm excited to see what Max will say! :D
DixonVixen93 chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
I wish they'd bring back both. But... :'( *hugs back my Vinwell plushies*

Nice chapter! That was a really touching scene with Danielle's death. I felt so bad for Peter. At least Chess made sure that Conrad paid for that.

Ooh, yes, where is Vince? Can't wait to see Max again!

Looking forward to more!

IronAmerica chapter 3 . 11/28/2012
I have a bad feelin' about that title there...

Peter's in shock. Deveraux, you might wanna snap him out of that afore somethin' bad happens.

Oh god. Never mind. It happened. *sighs* At least Peter's happy... :) Yay for his wife! :D Justice is an interesting card... I, personally, prefer the Fool or the Prince of Wands or Pentacles, but what the heck. :)

People change, Peter... :( *hugs him* Oh Conrad. You just committed the cardinal sin: Never, in your life, should you *EVER* touch someone Peter cares about... Oooooh, that's gonna end bad... Ouch. A sword, Chess? Wow. But ouch.

Oh no. I have a feeling that *that* conversation is going to end badly... My question: How do Max and Deveraux get along? *sighs* This is gonna be awesome. :D

I look at the hiatus as four-ish months in which I can torture my lovely, innocent, sweet muses from the fandom in any way I can think of. X)

Lovely chapter. No quibbles, but I've sworn off coffee for the next two days, so my brain's gone nuts.

IronAmerica chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
Finally leaving a review! I'm at 90K and have time!

Peter, you are an idiot. I love you, but... *headwalls* Deveraux, smack him. Hard. Make him stop being an idiot. Please...?

There's a reason I try to avoid watching this movie... I hate those damn attempts by whatisname to get people to remember him. *sighs* Why couldn't Scales have hurt him? And Marty works for Scales? *snerk* Say what you like about Marty, but he really *is* a spineless weasel!

And...well, *that's* gonna be awkward... It's definitely a step or eight up from librarian. More money, definitely. Oh, that's gonna be one awkward confrontation. I have the feeling that Deveraux's gonna have a big bucket of popcorn for that one. :P Peter's gonna get his ass kicked. (Chess should be in charge for that one.)

Lovely chapter. :) I still hate It's A Wonderful Life.

meridian-rose chapter 2 . 11/24/2012
Another great chapter :D
I like that Chess is the more rational of the two, pointing out where the ARK hq ought to have been. Looking forward to the next part!