Reviews for Death
Laguna's twin sister chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Wow. I never knew there was an FFXII vs FFXIII movement here. I've always just liked the FFXII category because there are lots of well written fics here. I personally haven't played XIII so I haven't checked out the fics there yet. ANYWAY, onto the review, I like this fic. it was very nice how in-game mechanics were turned into a fic. I always thought "knocked out" would have been a better condition for 0 ATB bar than "death" since you can be revived anyway, but from how you've written it, it made more sense. I was just a bit surprised with the last sentence, haha. Though I've always wished for that to happen, I think it was just a bit too sudden. But anyway, your descriptions of what happened, the injuries they sustained, and even the appearance of the garif warriors was well done. It was really like I was playing the game and it somehow became more "real".
BlondieLocks chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I think this is one of the most innovative pieces I've read in a long time. It was a super interesting idea to take the theory of pheonix down and try and re-work it to fit into the actual lives of our protagonists. I never really stopped to think: how does one use a pheonix down, how does it actually apply to everyone's reality? I think you did a superb job here of seamlessly blending it into the fabric of everyone's lives while simultaneously addressing a very relevant issue that I, personally, have never seen anyone address.

You're descriptions were vivid, brilliant, and morbidly (and accurately) lovely. Also, extra points for weaving in Basche and Ash, they are one of my favorite pairings and you did them appropriate justice. This piece deserves more reviews than it has right now, and I hope you get the number you deserve. I loved this. Simply put, well done.
Nicole Gruebel chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I think this was a great way of displaying how the Final Fantasy magic could be part of "real life". Thank you for writing and sharing!
anneka59 chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I am always a fan of Basch/Ashe and I agree with both of the points you're trying to make: phoenix downs and the whole death thing in the final fantasy games are very foggy, and HOW CAN FF13 HAVE MORE FICS?!

This is a great story, either way! I'll try to do my part to make up for this disparity in story counts (fair warning: I'm lazy).

Loved it!