Reviews for Some ways to Conceal Your Identity as a Mermaid
Ondina chapter 1 . 2/10
This is a great article i have been a mermaid for many years now and all of these methods are useful and i have used every single one except for the freezer one. Still i love this article and any mermaid can learn from it. If you are wondering how i became i mermaid i went to San Diego, California and an old guy touched me and said are you kind i said yes then gave him my potato chips because he was a hobo then he said you have IT the next morning in the bathroom i got wet nothing happened but about two days later when i got wet i grew a tail and had powers. Enough about me i loved this article so much and i just thank you for putting this out there whether you are a human or a mermaid i thank you!

~Ondina
Debrah chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Please I really want to be a mermaid
Cara H chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
loL you have to continue!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
What do you mean: I am sorry if chapter 5 of The Eclipse took so long? It only has 4 chapters.
Michelle the Editor chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I like the tongue-in-cheek tone throughout this short story, and the genuine good ideas for concealing one's identity.

If it helps, some more professional-sounding names for the mermaid powers are Cryokinesis (Ice), Hydro-Thermokinesis (Boiling) and Hydro/Aquakinesis (Water manipulation). In-story author's notes are rather distracting. Also, Number 5 is rather vague. Do you mean just "Look Around and Use Your Surroundings"?

Here's a few others:
11. Pretend it's a costume. Make up a project for which you would need this costume (note that this can also explain away any excess spending you've committed recently, since convincing tails are costly).

12. Threats. This is a drastic one, and mainly used if you have powers and have already been discovered. The human body is about 70% water; simply explain to the person exactly what you could do to them if they ratted you out.