Reviews for Educating Emma
caracoleta07 chapter 21 . 7/11
Can't believe this is over
I recently read all the previous chapters after rereading the novel. I wasn't expecting this to be finished so soon after
Leafhuntress chapter 21 . 6/29
Oh my!
I was sooooo happy to see this pop up in my follows, i really didn't think it would ever get updated & i so liked the idea...
So thank you for coming back to it.
virihu chapter 21 . 6/29
I was pleasantly surprised to see an update for this story in my inbox. I'm glad you finished it.
Laina Lee chapter 21 . 6/29
kalianony thank you so much for finally finishing this story off. I've been waiting (along with everyone else), for so long. It was a wonderful ending, much better than I would have come up with. People often say that how we write is a product of the times we live in. It is tricky to write about a historical time and not put all of our modern sensibilities in it. Thank you again! I look forward to seeing your edits and to maybe seeing something new you write.
blackmoon9793 chapter 21 . 6/28
So...was that the end then?
StormwingQueen chapter 20 . 5/28
Please write more! I want to see where this goes. My only note is Worthing is a pebble not sand beach (but I’m pedantic because I live there lol)
traesa lally chapter 20 . 5/20
Love this please write more
CathyWheeler chapter 20 . 2/19
Now, let me show you how to fry fish. What an extraordinary last sentence.
Pipsicle00 chapter 1 . 8/26/2018
I really liked the fluffy first few chapters but the non-compete got very serious very fast I guess. I did enjoy this story and I think you wrote it very well but by chapter 20 I hated Knightley (and usually I love him). He'll seduce her and then she will wake and she will remember she is nothing but his chattel and must submit and he broke his promise. Because he didn't let her come to him not really.
Laina Lee chapter 20 . 4/7/2018
We are still waiting to see how you will resolve this story. Don't leave us hanging!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/29/2018
I think Knightly has started to realize that if he leave Emma as she is, she will always be vulnerable to someone else abusing her, so thus he must succeed soon.
Peachy Keen chapter 20 . 3/26/2018
I feel like Knightly's response to Emma's question as to whether it is a terrible thing for women, needs to be revised. I've had to talk to my teenage daughter about sex and had to explain that whether things are comfortable or not depends a lot upon whether a woman is ready in both her mind and body for that interaction, and that women need much more warm up than men. Knightly is obviously a man of the world, and he needs to tell Emma something about how it depends on the man and whether he approaches the intimacy with the point of achieving his own pleasure regardless of how the woman feels or approaches it from the perspective of wanting the woman to enjoy the interaction and see how much pleasure he can give her. He needs to contrast himself and what his motivations would be, with these other men who were all out for their own jollies without a care for her and how she felt. Sure Frank was taking the seduction route so that in that sense he wanted her to feel good so she would let him proceed, but he didn't really care about her heart, while Elton was all about proceeding regardless of how she felt. Knightly also needs to explain that any pain would be short lived, and that interactions would improve as they would get to understand what was most pleasurable for the other person, and that it isn't something he would be doing to her, but something that he would be doing with her. She needs to feel valued as a person and not an object that exists for his pleasure and to understand he wants all of her and her love, not just her body.
R chapter 20 . 3/21/2018
You've focused a lot on kissing: the highway man kissing Emma against her will, Elton kissing her against her will, her asking Knightly to kiss her to see if she could marry Elton and then him kissing her roughly, Knightly kissing her gently to show her it would be okay and her running off, Fred kissing her in an attempt to seduce her and then Fred again kissing her after she is married. Is that all of them? Anyway, it seems to me that the resolution is going to have to start off with her having a consensual kiss with Knightly and knowing that nothing else is going to happen without her consent. She needs to know this is different and she is in control.

Also, if you fade to black early enough, this maybe should be rated T (with cautions that it references rape and sex).
Guest chapter 20 . 3/18/2018
I know its been over a year, but I hope you still intend to finish this story. I just reread it and long for the conclusion!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/16/2018
I'm glad to hear you do plan to finish the story. You definitely don't need to write anything more explicitly than you want to. I think one option would be for Knightly to ask if she is willing to do X, and then then they do X, and then they talk about what she thought of that, repeat with the next and then when it is getting to be whatever it is that you don't want to explicitly write about, you just introduce the topic, fade to black, the next morning Emma just smiles and cuddles with Knightly and she makes some positive comment about enjoying married life. So it could start with him asking about kissing her and you go from there. That gives her the control to not be a victim and see what she is comfortable with. Just a thought.