Reviews for War of the Swarms
S chapter 5 . 6/25
Scorch strain: gives lurkers ability to launch flammable gases and launch superheated projectiles... has a special called flame wave... sacrifices lurker to cast wave of flame capable of burming through protoss sheild and armour
Dewiltse chapter 5 . 1/10
I knoe you apparntly have abandoned this story. But foum it and read it all. I like it a lot and hope you make more. As for new units, flying. Or scarabs that blend in with local wildlife, reporting to you what goes on. Acting like natrual wildlife even in death. Maybe ocassionally a swarm of them bring back a body. Or repair bodies to use. Idk. And Tau for the new race if you add one.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/4/2015
I like where this story is going im enjoying it quite a lot so far, keep up the good work!
Winter Feline chapter 5 . 11/20/2013
Amusing so far, sad to see its been a while since the last update. Hope that this continues someday.
medchtsia chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
female humanoid zerg that could due others bidding, if you know what i mean(Had to write that)
Guest chapter 4 . 2/5/2013
You do realize that even though in the game hydras shoot about once per second, in the actual storyline they shoot like five a second? In the cinematic you can see three marines being killed by three streams of rapid fire spikes
OsirisRuetschi chapter 5 . 1/22/2013
To start things off I have to say that this is an entertaining idea and I'll no doubt enjoy the coming chapters, next topic to breach on is that when I review I can not add in much else then ideas and encouragement as I do not hold much faith in my personal writing ability's. Now after stating that i must say that for an idea of a new Zerg critter would the Archer unit(i don't know if it's been made before or anything this is just something off the top of my head).

Unit Name- Archer
Description- An evolution to the Zergling the archer is a fast quadruped creature much like a Zergling with the main changes being a change of weaponry and a small bulk-up, the archer instead of using top mounted claws uses a strong muscle and gland system that allows it to fire pods that contain 20-25(depending on the strength of the unit) mid-level explosive spores that when the pod bursts spread out to blanket an area to do damage to multiple enemy archer unit also sports a increase of armor and seems to step in to a role similar to those of light tanks/armored vehicles, allowing it to be one of the few things able to go as fast as a Zergling they can allow normal Zerglings to move at top speed to an area to assault without giving up there oh so important range support.

Now then something i should mention about the Archer unit is that the spores are about a strong as a high-powered RPG explosion and therefore quite useful in assaulting places like the towers and walls in larger numbers with them being a good, fast anti-infantry unit to support lighter troops. Although the effectiveness has to take into account the technology of the current enemy of the swarm so that the archer units attack could be highly effective against say a primitive wooden barricade or only be mildly effective against a stronger reinforced steel wall or energy shields, but then again they are to be used as support for the Zerglings and as such they only need to take out the shields or make holes in the walls for the Zerglings to enter.

now I've said my piece and added in my suggestion I bid you ado.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
How about a virus that turns the dead into zombies
Anymous chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
How about a giant multi-headed hydralisk/hydra combo? it would just have to be big. also, NECRONS 4 THE WIN
TimberlineWolf chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
here's an idea for you
you know the electric eel?
well, there you go. try that idea out ;)
Kane chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Whoops, forgot that the Zerg as master of bio engineering, could quite easily create an sort of plague to weaken his enemies, it would need to be subtler than the Zerg evolutionary virus as that is to blatant once the prey is completely converted, if you want to go down this path.

On another note the Zerg had created some neural parasite variant that allowed the Zerg to control effected subject with pain and subtle probes to the "hosts" brain, once it burrowed into the targets body...so you could use that as another option for espionage...
Kane chapter 5 . 12/1/2012
Nice, thanks that I could help you, guy's like you with potential always need some help, so that they might not lose interest in their "projects".

Now on to the chapter well that new Zerg character was nice to read about, is he going to play a greater role in your story or did you just use him to show us things from a Zerglings view?
As for the Zerg hives are some of them slowly evolving into something more? I mean it's only a matter of time until your Swarm gets introduced to the vast galaxy they reside in, so having space vessel would be quite helpful, no?

Also what kinds of upgrades do you have in mind for units like Infestors, Defilers, Ultralisks or even Leviathans and Behemoths (if you don't know what I'm talking about then go to search for the starcraft wikia in the Internet.).
You should be able to get some more inspiration for your units from the other Starcraft species and their projects they have been working on, maybe...

Also why do you dislike the "Ruinous Powers" of the Warp/Immaterium and their mortal subordinates, the are basically one of the main antagonists of Warhammer 40k heck without them the galaxy would be a shit load more peaceful, okay I know that those guys can be notorious s dicks and trolls most of the time but that's just part of 40k's background story, plus it's more of a political and warfare oriented in the far future setting, so what exactly is your gripe with them?...Okay games workshops has been kinda incompetent in the creativity department, pertaining to most races and their fluff, so that might be one reason for some of the frustration (or whatever it is that you have) here...

On another note, if you want some more ideas then look at some of the stuff on this site that might find interesting and give it your own twist, it could help, it certainly does for me at times...

Oh and there was this thing were you wrote "confidant", instead you should have written confident...
eldarhunter chapter 5 . 11/30/2012
i really shouldn't do this since i plan on using it but i have been reading this for a while without a review so i kind of owe you here is what i got
Swarm spires
20 meter long spires covered with thin detachable armour the interior is riddled with tunnels like an ant hive. The spire can be fired by artillery or dropped by air units, once it hits the armour falls away and scarabs come out in swarms attacking with tiny psi blades to borrow through any normal armour or entering through weak points (mouths, eyes, etc) and either infesting or poisoning the target
also don't overlooked poison gas there is some frog in the rain forest that can kill you in like a minute (tops!) if you touch it with a cut finger and thats natural the zerg can do better or make a infesting gas
Kane chapter 4 . 11/29/2012
Much better but there still are some grammar and some slight syntax mistakes, don't worry it isn't really that distracting and therefore nothing a decent beta reader and spell checker won't solve.

Also nice description of the planet you created as the theater for the coming war with the Imperial forces. Let me guess the differing "factions" are going to be either played out against the other, directly slaughtered by the Swarm or converted into Infested?

By the way are the Zerg going to attempt to infest the Skitarii forces (the cybernetic soldiers of the Adeptus Mechanicus) and slowly converting even some Mechanicus priests and then maybe attempt to slowly improve their bodies augmentations with some good old Zerg mutation?
Oh and don't forget to have your Overmind extract knowledge from them, should help him quite well.

Hmmm...now what else could your guy do? Ah yes have him attempt to slowly transform his underground hive clusters into a singular Zerg organism each, which should be capable of moving in through soil, rock and even ore rich underground (although you should have your mobile Hives develop an ability to harvest that stuff with efficiency) and give them the capacity to bring Newts force to the surface, maybe you could use Nydus worms or something else and then perhaps have them evolve into space flight capable Bio-ships or do something else with them.

Now, why exactly did you give your Queens an appearance similar to Kerrigan and what exactly are the capable of aside from the fact that they are capable of harnessing the Zerg's psychics reservoirs of psionic energy?

Oh and are we going to see some variations and improvements of other Zerg units and why exactly is your character afraid of Baneling acid?

Kane chapter 3 . 11/24/2012
Your a doing quite well, though that one part were you change perspective from Newt to the escorts leader was a bit indistinguishable, it just happened a bit to fast.
You should explain a bit more about Newts augmentation as well, since you suddenly mentioned scythes that he used to kill one of the (well I'm not even sure calling them planetary defense forces , they were to under equipped for that to be the case).

Also that little scene about that one soldier holding that letter from the unknown Inquisition branch about project Overmind is pretty much an hint as to how our protagonist became the new leader of the Swarm.

While that little memory of his earth self ,about the student modeling a few Warhammer 40k figures is pretty much amusing it quite blatantly hints at there being a connection between those things and the universe he resides in, I wonder if Newt finds out about the different universe thing (though that's only what I assume this is).

On another note how is Newt going to evolve physically and mentally over time?
I mean there's a lot of potential in him both because he is the Overmind and leads his army personally into battle, which isn't the case in other crossovers of this kind...