Reviews for Professor Riddle and the Quest for Tenure
NavigatingLight chapter 5 . 8/25
Is this abandoned?
It's such a wonderful and fresh take on Riddle, Naggini, the whole lot; just cracks me up... would be a shame to not know what comes next to Moody (*applauses for the wonderful and creepy unofficial meeting*), Narcisa, Bella & Co...
Anxiously waiting!
User with a hat chapter 5 . 7/25
Well it seems like I've already arrived at the end of this wonderful piece of fanfiction and there really isn't much I can add to what I've already written. The twisted humor, just to die for. The characters, even though largely canon compliant, are given such unique flavors that it's a joy to read the interaction and dialogues. The setting is well-done and serves as a solid backdrop for your main character, who has surprising depths just waiting to be explored.
All in all, I just hope that someday, you get to sit back on this work and continue it, because, imo, it really is one of the most original works of fanfiction on this site.
User with a hat chapter 4 . 7/25
Interesting depiction of the 70's Wizengamot. Just short, but detailed enough to set up the political situation and with just enough character to not make it boring. Told from Tom's perspective, it also gains the unique brand of morbid humor that's drawn through every chapter.
What shined the most to me were the dialogues between Tom, Bella and Leach. A nice antagonist for this fic, where the conflicts have mainly played out on the political front up to this point.
User with a hat chapter 3 . 7/25
Your Tom Riddle is gaining a surprising amount of depth with every chapter. I am not too sure what to think about him summoning his father, regularly to boot, but since this is strongly AU, I enjoyed this little twist extremely.
Your version of Riddle already seems more complex than JKR's ever hoped to be. Yet, the gathering and subsequent killing of Miss Knox-Browne was so in-character, I wouldn't have found it out of place in one of the original books.
Truly, you have done some fantastic excercise in character study here.
User with a hat chapter 2 . 7/25
Wow, I laughed SO hard at Abraxas' compliment.
Without a doubt one of best funny-awkward scenes I have read in a VERY long time!
Bellatrix' role in this fic is extremely well chosen as well, IMO. A Bella that adores Voldemort but isn't aware he's her husband? Instant classic, and oh so memorable.
User with a hat chapter 1 . 7/25
This is one of the best non-Harry-centric works I've seen yet. Your interpretation of Riddle hits just the right spot for me. His mix of dry wit and sardonic disdain produces a wonderfully morbid kind of humor that I actually had to chuckle out loud to. A job well done indeed.
Edelrost chapter 5 . 7/9
One of the best written fics I ever read. Interesting style. Salutes.
jim chapter 5 . 6/1
find this story very political and relevant to today's evil governments and bought out politicians of today.
AbyssalStarlight chapter 1 . 4/4
I just started reading the first chapter but props to those stealth snoozing glasses, I think everyone needs one
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/16
its a shame that tom didnt listen to his fathers advice, and that this fic was abandoned
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/16
im not entirely sure why im rooting for voldy...
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 3/16
im surprised that people havent noticed that people who professor riddle gives negative reveiws too die...
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 3/16
tom is a rather unpleasant person isnt he...
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/16
sane!riddle pov's tend to be very interesting!
Can't Voldemort just recommend rejecting Knox-Brown's paper? It's not like she can revise and resubmit. Besides, Voldemort strikes me as the type who would enjoy writing a particularly scathing review after only reading the abstract.