Reviews for The Ties That Bind Us
Cute chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Brings a whole new meaning to the term "child bride". I wish I was that lucky as a little girl...
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Adorable.
Purple Lex chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Awwww! *heart implodes from cuteness*

That was adorable! Okay *clears throat* sort of objective comments here:

I liked the look into how Sylar progresses at the company and how, really, he grows into it quite well. I also liked that we got to see him deal with crazy suicidal man and that while he was pissed off to no end because it kept him from being with Claire on her birthday, he did also has sympathy for why the man was hurting so much. Oh, and I like how he has Gabriel's heart and Sylar's attitude. Perfect. AU Portrayal. Ever.

I downright giggled at Noah and Sandra's convo about Claire getting older and dating here:

Noah smirked before giving her a small kiss on the lips. "If my intimidating look doesn't work then one look at Sylar would send them running to the door."

"You're wrong." Sandra smirked. "He won't even let them walk in through the door."

Oh, that is so true, Sandra! Haha.

And then of course the dynamic you've constructed between Noah and Sylar that is basically what we got on the show minus the murderous intentions was just so full of win I can't explain.

FINALLY the Sylaire exchange! (Anyone else feel weird using that name when Claire's only 5 here? Lol.) I love how he's so protective and already knows that she's the exception from everyone else - like the intuitive part of his being has already figured out that she'll be a special person in his life for arguably fateful reasons.

Question I meant to ask in The Protector - he uses empathy to garner abilities, right? Does he have her regeneration or not? (And if he does - knowingly or not?)

Anyway, I like how you've constructed these one-shots (including the other prompt response) inside this universe and reference to The Protector so easily; like for example the red ball? Where he originally got it and that whole scene - saving Peter's life - drew me into becoming addicted to your stories. So... awesome!

Okay, well, this officially became a rant review. Sorry about that!

PS: Thanks for the dedication! And birthday wishes! C:
julyisfree chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Late to the party but:

OMG YOU ARE BACK! Allow me a moment to do my happy dance 'Gangnam style' because it has infected even the fanfiction world.

*Leaves for a sec, returns after scaring all the kids in the neighborhood*

Ok, what can I say? This piece has so many AWWW moments that my heart was completely melted by the time I reached the end, little obsessed-with-Sylar Claire had me giggling and melting in my seat and completely enamored Sylar put perpetual a grin in my face. I absolutely cherish this verse, is so enrapturing, appealing and entirely plausible, because I could see through my mind eye all the scenes develop with utmost detail just like if I would be watching the series.

I'm telling you girl, you're my new Tim Kring, enough said.

Side Note: Thank you for the 'Promo' XD

Side Note 2: Thank you for using one of the prompts :)
Anei chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Oh this was totally adorable! I love the cuteness of Claire as a child obsessed with Sylar. It is a lot more light than the complexities of when she's an adult.
TopazDragon chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Hello there! Again, an avid fan of your protector universe and I was uber excited to see this little piece. I remember when Angela foresaw Sylar giving the red ball to a five year old blonde girl. And the moment is here!

Wonderfully written, perfect attention to detail and I kept wanting to hug younger Claire. Then Sandra and Noah had me laughing at the end of their rant on Claire getting older and dating. Plus, Sandra already approving of the relationship (mother intuition anyone?).

And then we get some more of a glimpse into how the relationship was formed. And now we had one question answer. Claire wasn't found to have powers when she was a baby, so in the end Noah (as he did in the show) ended up keeping her safe from the company. But I wonder if Sylar knew?

Eagerly looking forward to more of your work. Thank you for this!
sylar1610 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, It's so adorable
heroesfan1 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
I loved this...It was a really heartfelt story, especially the end part where Sylar admits that Claire is always an exception for him:) It's really touching:D! Great job!