Reviews for The Price of Change
Ranmaleopard chapter 6 . 3/28
This This is just awesome I can't wait for more!
Shadowdude333 chapter 6 . 6/24/2013
I really enjoyed the plot and can't wait to read how you develop Harry!
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 6 . 6/21/2013
A very interesting and unique start to an old premise.

I look forward to seeing how this Harry turns out.

thanks for sharing, I eagerly await your next. favorited
notsofrilly chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
Well its different. No Voldemort killing the Potters. They didn't even die on Halloween. Sirius and Remus are taking Harry to America and theirs this random butler. I like the butler. I wonder if your going to time skip to when Harry is 11 and just briefly explain what Harry was doing for the last 9 or 10 years. Update soon.
Joe Lawyer chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
Not bad. A little light on truly substantial events, but a good start to your return to this story.
Mrs Yaya chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
I can't wait for Sirius to get the full Muggle experience.
geetac chapter 6 . 6/17/2013
I like the chapter
Joe Lawyer chapter 5 . 5/27/2013
Not a bad start. Although I don’t think it was a very efficient 28k words to essentially do only a few things. Those being killing off Harry’s parents, establishing Sirius as Harry’s guardian, and stating that they’ll be leaving the country.

That said, these actions should culminate in an extremely different Harry Potter. One that might actually be fun to watch. Just ensuring that the Dursleys have nothing to do with his upbringing is a huge one. The Japanese butler with a unique back story also will add something interesting.

In the context of regular updates, this would have been a fine start. When the story has been languishing for three months with no updates, then it takes a different tone.

I’ll alert it for now and see what happens. Stories have come back from far longer absences after all.
Joe Lawyer chapter 2 . 5/27/2013
I always feel strange reviewing a story that has long not been updated and is likely abandoned, but it seems awfully convenient that James Potter was murdered, then Lily is so easily killed herself.

The first strange thing is why would she still be there in the hospital considering the advanced state of magical medicine and the fact that with the attack on the World Cup the sheer number of injuries the hospital was dealing with would almost assuredly have forced her to be moved out of that place very quick. She’d want to be with her child as well.

The second strange thing is that although the Potter family is obviously wealthy, and James had guards earlier in the chapter, after James is targeted and killed she has absolutely no one to protect her while she’s vulnerable in the hospital? No one to stand outside her room and guard her? No aurors on duty to protect her? No one? Really? That makes no sense.

The third strange thing is how the killer was able to escape with absolutely no one noticing a thing. Causing a giant explosion and then sneaking away unnoticed seems unlikely. There are also anti-apparition wards in place for everywhere but the entrance to the hospital itself. So how did they get away so completely? With no one seeing a thing?

I know the story premise requires it, but I think the method of removing both James and Lily needed to be adjusted.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
Good to see all is organized and a plan for the future is ordered. Terrible events that make the living adjust and grow or fade. Thanks for sharing!
Mrs Yaya chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
Great Story.
starboy454 chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
excellent story so far is lily really or did snape take her keep for himself keep her lock in a house or basement some where chain to a wall useing her as sex slave
athenakitty chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
Will Sirius and Remus find out on who put the hit on James and Lily? I'm a bit curious on when Harry's going to start walking.
karthik9 chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
fatesmask chapter 4 . 11/20/2012
great start the story has a lot of potential