Reviews for Almost Easy
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 4/16
Great chapter and plot
hidaruma chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
I wanted to like this story, I really did. The summary really caught my attention and there are not many pearlshipping stories out there, but I could barely make it through the first chapter. I realize this story is already completed but for some reason I feel the need to leave a review anyway.

The first thing that got me was the vey start of this story. Not five minutes after his loss did ash choose to leave his friends and fly away to where ever it was for training. I would have thought their would have been some buildup or at least him thinking about it for a night maybe. It just felt incredibly rushed to me and that you just wanted to get it out of the way and done with.

Next thing that really bugged me was the quotes. The only time you ever capitalized a sentence at the start of a quote was when it started with "I". It really is not hard to press the shift key when writing a quote. It is just one extra key. I'd be able to understand if this happened a few times because you were typing fast, but it literally happened on every single quote. I have no idea if this continued because I cannot continue reading this story, but I really don't know why you didn't fix it if you did.

I really had no idea why Ash passed out when he got to Pallet Town. Even in the wilderness there's plenty of food. He should have had plenty of sleep, he was gone for two years. He should have known he would be making the journey back that day and would have been well rested. It just felt like you made him pass out as soon as Dawn got there to force the pairing a little when it really didn't need to happen.

Your writing style was also very annoying at times. I don't think I found s single line that did not contain a quote. There really wasn't much description when there should have been and it could have made this chapter a lot better. The dialogue also felt really robotic and emotionless. I don't know if that's just me but it really didn't have any kind of flow and felt really forced.

You may see this as a flame, but this is really something I needed to get off my chest. When I saw the summary and the length of the story, I was so looking forward to reading it, but after this chapter and the few after I was really disappointed.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/27/2015
I really like the way you have written Ash's personality here. He is so much more likeable than he is in the anime!
I-Nex-I chapter 3 . 8/24/2014
I know this is a pretty crappy story but I'm all for guilty pleasures and all that good stuff, and ash has the best pokemans evers (Garchomp) so iz all gooooooood man.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/16/2014
Please get rid of Hugh. I really don't like OCs
Guest chapter 2 . 6/16/2014
So far the story is a little above good, though your word choice could use some improvement
iceman209 chapter 7 . 4/17/2014
This story is incredible but Hugh need to man up,stop thinking about the past, and stop being such a whiny bitch all the time
Joda-Eragonsson chapter 31 . 4/8/2014
Uhhh love triangles actually make me sick, please reconsider there so annoying. And because of Ash's stupidity and naivety he's going to do something to jeoparise his relationship with Dawn. Honestly though Rosa should have some respect Ash is going to be marrying Dawn why is she still considering attempting to break them up
percy zoe and artemis fan chapter 3 . 12/29/2013
How about Buneary with pikachu
AnAddictedReader chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
The story has potential but it was almost unbearable for me to read to the end of chapter one. Your writing style is kind of annoying for me to read but I'm sure others won't mind (I'm pretty picky with the stories I read.). If you fix up or change the way you write, there's a definite chance that more people would be drawn into the story.
JZuCuadra chapter 32 . 11/9/2013
Great story, really enjoyed it, and I feel like thencharacter development was spot on in most instances. Hopefully you enjkyed writing this as much as we enjoyed reading it. Althouh honestly I would have preferred rosa to saty with hugh, it feels like he needs a woman figure in his life to calm hI'm down and stuff.

Will the wedding be in Almost Easy 2.0 or 1.5, also, will the updats be a partof this story? Or as a separate one shot?

Once again, thank you for the awesome story, and hope to seemore from you soon. :)
Haku chapter 32 . 11/9/2013
I love this fic ,

Almost Easy 1,5 : the wendding and y ... ?

Almost Easy 2: ...

Bye
AshK1980 chapter 32 . 11/9/2013
Good work on this update! Excellent way to end an excellent story!
Bright Man Akihiko chapter 32 . 11/9/2013
Y'know, this was the very first story I read where Ash left to train hard for x amount of years. It feels like it's been forever since I started, when you were at about chapter 12, but in reality, it's only been about 6-7 months. I can tell that you really grew as a writer. The quality of this chapter is so much better than that of the first one and even the two that just came before this one. It feels sad to be writing a "goodbye" review, but it makes me happy to know that there will be a sequal.

I actually felt really awkward as a teenager giving advice to an adult. Over time, this awkwardness has faded away.

Now to the proper critiquing, although I feel I didn't wrap that up as nicely as I could have. However, this part is necessary.

Don't you think a parent, no less a mother, would be extremely worried if their child disappeared for 2 years with no contact? I feel like you should maybe put a dramatic moment in there.

For the battle, it was quite well-written, as well as more exciting. However, don't forget that each battle is also a demonstration of a pokemon's strength on scale with other pokemon. Four years ago, Charizard was able to defeat an Articuno one-on-one battle. And it's "trainer" was a frontier brain. Tobias, is a strong regular trainer, a League-winning regular trainer, but still, he's just a regular trainer. Latios tied with Charizard and Pikachu also tied with Latios 3 years ago. Unless Latios has trained harder than Charizard, this shouldn't have been the result of the battle. It just doesn't scale.
26Naruto26 chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
I'm re-reading 1st few chapters, it's been forever since I read this story!