Reviews for A Wrinkle In Time
youko chapter 5 . 3/2
I really like this idea. I hope you continue this story because I can't wait to know what happens!
andyjay18 chapter 4 . 3/28/2013
Yeah, these two stories mesh pretty well, and you make the scenario pretty convincing. Please keep up the good work!
Art chapter 4 . 3/27/2013
Cool mix! Wonder what Homura's planning this time.
andyjay18 chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Thank you very much for deciding to continue! I would've accepted your decision to put this on indefinite hold (seeing how you're just doing this for fun and all), but I was still really glad to see an update for this in my inbox.

If Charlotte makes an appearance as a criminal in this story, will she possibly be Russian? (Since her familiar was called Pyotr, which is the Russian form of the name Peter.) I would've suggested French originally, but of course Izabel was already French.

Also, if anyone's planning any fanart, I'm thinking that Madoka and Mami wouldn't have braids (since those are commonly associated with young girls), but I'm thinking they might have single small ponytails on the backs of their heads. But that's your call, of course; sorry if I'm sounding like a backseat driver.

Anyway, please keep going! (If you want to reply, I logged in for an earlier review.)
seireeii chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Thank you for updating. Really, thank you. I honestly like this story, and can't wait for the next chapter. Please keep writing this. And that cover photo... Shinya, why do you have to be so hot? Seriously. Oh, and I'm writing a Shinya/Homura fic/drabble/one-shot, something, at some point as well. Just saying.

Review starting now:

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD, THANK YOU. You included Makishima. Okay, to break this down, I honestly can't stand that guy. I really, really, really, really can't, but because you included him in here, I'm actually kind of excited to see what he's going to do, granted, he's not exactly short of crazy. The latest episodes have been off the wall crazy, but I honestly think that (if you're going where I THINK you're going) if he uses Homura's time magic as effectively as I think he will, he can cause some MAJOR issues for Shinya. And because Homura knows who Makishima is, or seems to, I have a feeling that her time magic's going to be a major thing in this story, which is GREAT.

Wish Magic for the win.

Now. Characterization. This, I believe, is one of your strong suits. Madoka seems like a likely partner for Shinya, only because she's so similar to Akane in terms of your characterization. Despite the fact that she's shy, and tentative with Shinya (which is to be expected, I mean, look at him, he's like, godly hot) she's also stronger and more independent here than in her own show, which is nice to see. I always thought of Madoka as all unicorns, sunshine, and rainbows, but in here, she's more alive and so fiercely beautiful that I just have to write something with her like that.

(As I'm listening to Sword Art Online's OST... Of course everyone seems stronger...)

Sasayama was hilarious. I honestly was surprised that he didn't go directly for Mami's... assets, considering that in PP, Shinya states it out directly that Sasayama was a piece of work and grabbed Yayoi's and Shion's butts all the time. But, then again, I'm sure there's a part of him that puts work ahead of pleasure (as disgusting as it sounds) which was nice to see as well. Mami was in character as well: lady-like, proper, and polite, but direct and to the point, as an Inspector or acting Inspector should be. I believe you did I marvelous job with this. Honestly.

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Please keep it up. xD
seireeii chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Yo! I read this earlier today, but didn't have the time to review. So, now that I have a few minutes, I'll tell ya what I think, 'kay? (I like to talk through my reviews... please ignore the useless chatter, if you'd like...)

Review, starting now:

So. Mixing these two fandoms was an awesome idea. Really. I mean, PMMM is depressing enough by itself, but underneath all of the angst, there's so many different things a writer can choose to write about or use for inspiration, and PP is just like it. I'm not sure if it's because of the writer behind the two animes, or what, but these shows are incredibly cohesive in both their similarities and differences.

Starting with Shinya and Homura.

Not only are there obvious similarities between the two of them, but I can see the deeper ones when I look at those two characters: they're both wounded (though Shinya isn't yet, since Sasyama's still running around in your story), they're both aloof and withdrawn (with Shinya, it's to a point, thanks to Akane), and they're both fairly strong in terms of mental and physical capability (granted, Shinya works his ass off to get that strong, while Homura increases her abilities with magic). I can honestly see chemistry between the two of them whenever I look at them, and honestly, I prefer them over the more canon Shinya/Akane pairing.

Granted, I'm sure you don't have a full-on romance in mind, which is okay. For these two, I don't think a full-on romance will be possible. Homura doesn't seem to be the openly affectionate type (unless it's toward Madoka, who, if I read this right, doesn't know Homura), and Shinya's just... Shinya. However, I don't think this story's intended to be a full-on romance, or is it? You seem to be focusing more on the actual setting of at least one of the fandoms (thus far) which is great, because romances are just... oh my god, they can be exhausting to write, and read sometimes.

(That may sound insulting. I don't mean for it to sound insulting.)

What I'm trying to say, is thank you for writing something different. This story is inspiring me to write my own Shinya/Homura (I've been looking for someone to pair her with - I pair Sakura Kyouko with Hibari Kyouya from Katekyo Hitman Reborn, who would be my first choice - and thanks to you, I've figured it out) fic, so thanks for that too.

Now, last thing: I LOVE how you used the Witches. Excellent job. I'm really looking forward to how Shinya goes about solving this, because if my headcanon is right (I'd rather say Hyper Intuition, but that sounds weird) I have a feeling Shinya's gonna be pretty shocked to find out what's really going on. As well as the fact that Makishima might use Homura's situation to his advantage, and attempt to crush Shinya using Homura's time magic as a threatening tool, which, would be fairly interesting.

(Not trying to dictate how your story is supposed to go here, I'm just thinking.)

Anyway... To finish, thank you for posting, and I hope you'll update this soon, because this is pretty damn good. Awesome job, and thanks again.
DappledKarma chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Well, that was an interesting first chapter. I liked the way you incorporated the characters of PMMM into PP, especially the witches.

Please, please write more of this!
andyjay18 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
And I for one am glad you're giving it a try. Already PP has a bit in common with PMMM (esp. with the Passes becoming cloudy). Following.