Reviews for The 13 Games: Luxury
TheWriterOnFire chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This was amazing! I haven't been of FF for quite a while and I'm glad to be back. Your idea of this quarter quell is so creative and I haven't read a story like it before. Ok so I think I like Locke, his sweet and unique personality is somewhat endearing to me. Meaghan is obviously not my favorite but I think that's what you intended for her. I definitely will be reading the rest!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
This is a really good idea and I like your story
AlexVandy22 chapter 13 . 1/24/2013
Another ! Normally I find all the capitol chapters .immensely boring but there's something about how you write that makes it so interesting! I REALLY like Zephyr! My only the story is one. ; I am reading through the reapings rather quickly,and late at , so I continually l .characters get them mixed up sometimes!
AlexVandy22 chapter 12 . 1/24/2013
I know that I'm supposed to like Iridium because she the capital and isn't a typical career,.but.I don't. I don't really know why I don't , .because I've read reapings in a row, but.I don't.
AlexVandy22 chapter 11 . 1/23/2013
Very interesting tribute! A blind girl! WOW! I'm really curious to see just how close she comes to fulfilling her promise! I do, however, feel like her parents in the fact that there way she'll survive. I hope she gets to kill at least one career before she dies though!
AlexVandy22 chapter 10 . 1/22/2013
Yet another great chapter! I like zephyr a lot! He may overtake mammoth as my favorite! The way he uses his brains more than is what really makes me like him! I hope he gets revenge on that girl and she doesn't terrorize him in ! I'm not quite sure how I feel . At points during I felt that it was the way she seeked her thrills but with no training, she practically stands no chance! I wouldn't be suprised if she was the first to in all likelihood, her adventurous self will take her right into !
Lupus Overkill chapter 31 . 1/22/2013
I've spent quite a few hours reading the whole of this story. Great work on this one, Jake, and I'll try to keep up with the next one. Although I noticed some occasional mistakes in grammar, as a whole, the story was well-written.

Who did you want to win? Well, to be honest, I really had no strong preferences on the winner...

Who overall was your favorite tribute? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure about that. I definitely liked Mammoth and I found Velvet interesting as well, so I think I'll go with those two... Still, I liked the majority of tributes in the story...

What are your thoughts on the obituaries? Well, to be honest, I really liked them. I liked seeing the tributes' families' reaction to their deaths, and I liked seeing the lingering effects of them. It added depth to each of the characters' stories, and I hope you do this for the other 13 Games stories as well...

Are you happy with who won? I'm quite happy with who won; I'm definitely looking forward to the next games...

By the way, I'll be looking out for the games for District 10; I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the tributes in that one...
District11-Olive chapter 25 . 1/21/2013
I promised Jake a review, so yeah I am just reviewing the part about Caitrin dying because I feel the need to since I did make her.

Jake, you killed Caitrin perfectly. Honestly I wasn't even that sad because it was just so perfect and exactly the kind of death i love to read. It had the gruesome aspect what with her skin peeling off and the fish bites and yeah. But it also had the emotional part that brought the whole thing into a deeper level. You could really feel the emotion in the POV and it just brought back the reinforcement that these really are just kids. In her final moments you removed all the training and made her into what she is, a scared kid that just wants to survive. Having Sparkle and Iridium lie to her just so she would rest in peace was wonderful and I applaud you fo this.

This was probably the best death scene of the entire thing, and I am not just being biased. The balance was there and it was perfect, Oily would be proud.

-Olive
District11-Olive chapter 31 . 1/21/2013
Sorry Jake but my fingers hurt so much from reviewing already that this may not be as long as you want it ;_; sorry boo!

Who did you want to win?
I wanted anyone excpet Sparkle to win, personnally. But I really liked Ismene and Malachite for some reason...I can't even explain it!

Who overall was your favourite tribute?
My overall favourite, hm. I would have to say that would be...Ismene. the way she toyed with Malachite even when they were supposed to be allies was hilarious and creepy at the same time. She seemed to be just like Malachite from the beginning but there was a certain intelligence about her that made her stand out more than he did. I loved him too, but Ismene was my favourite.

What are your thoughts on the obituaries?
Okay, I am going to right now admit that I have not read all of them. Okay, don't shoot me. But I did read Caitrin's and it was adorable and perfect for her! I love that her friends don't just curl up into balls and die, and the fact that her parenst finally decided to patch up their issues.
The obituaries I did read were fabulous and very well written for such small pieces. Your amazing writing strikes again, Jake!

Are you happy with who won?
I am happy with Jasper winning but I don't really like Mammoth all that much. I think the two of them will create lots of story opportunities for the final Games so I think i will learn to deal and accept the fact that while he didn't die this time, he has a high chance of dying next round. Mhm, Olive always looks on the bright side.

Jake, this story was amazing and written is such a short amount of time. The third person was a nice change though i do hope you get back to first soon as my brian finds it a tad bit easier to process. Thank you for accepting Caitrin and doing so well with her! Great story and looking forward to District Ten!

-Olive
AlexVandy22 chapter 9 . 1/21/2013
I hate Malachite's deceitfulness! I dont like people that are similar to that in real life and i dont like them in the story either! I dont really understand why Shine's father is upset at her volunteering a year early? If I were her, I wouldnt use his badge as a token!
AlexVandy22 chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
Nikolai the ladies man! Maybe he can use that in the arena as well as his skills! Caitrin as a 13 year old! OH NO! I feel so bad for her! She basically has no chance! Poor thing!
AlexVandy22 chapter 7 . 1/21/2013
Sterling/Mammoth is my favorite character so far! His thought process just seems so real and I like him! Coralie's lack of friends made me feel bad for her because sometimes I feel that way too! Maybe if she wins people will try to be her friend!
AlexVandy22 chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
I feel like I can relate to Duke and how i feels toward his brother and I feel bad about his mom! Cypra, on the other hand, I didnt like. The way she was so obsessed with how her friends looked made me dislike her!
AlexVandy22 chapter 5 . 1/21/2013
Julius's feelings that he has to be a bully are very interesting! Ismene made no real impression on me though.
AlexVandy22 chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
I wasnt very impressed with Tyrian but I really like Jasper! Her desire to prove people wrong should come in handy in the arena!
484 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »