Reviews for The 13 Games: Luxury
nb1998 chapter 24 . 1/19/2013
There was some intense battling at the end there and the writing was very good, there was some tributes that got out of that scuffle that I didn't expect to so I was quite glad for that.

Shine: The whole battle was happening so quickly that at the end of it I didn't expect Shine to have an arrow stuck in her forehead. I liked Shine I guess, in the career alliance she has always felt like the only proper career as the others don't really act like careers but she was one of the ones that didn't stand out as much from who was left. It's a shame we'll never find out why her dad killed her mam though..

It was good to hear from Malachite as when Ismene thinks of him she says of how much of a baby he is but when Malchite speaks it's obviously very different as he just imagines killing her and stuff.. the mutt was cool and we still saw some of there strangeness as they burst into laughing at the end.

Zephyr and Duke failed miserably in their task there and I hope the gamemakers don't go after them now they've failed. I'm confused why Nikolai let them go though and I look forward to finding out, I wonder how he will react to only four of his allies coming back alive.

I'm liking the Caitrin, Sparkle, Iridium alliance also but I'm not seeing it lasting.

One of the best chapters yet!
nb1998 chapter 23 . 1/19/2013
And another two tributes fall, and yet another great chapter. The arena is now also becoming quite interesting now.

Meaghan Paar: Meaghan has actually been one of my favourites from the start so to see her fall so early in the games is quite sad and it makes me begin to dislike Tyrian again. Her death was well described and the mutts were very interesting but the betrayal was cruel.. this is the hunger games though.

Coralie Crimsen: I thought that just maybe Mammoth would be able to get her out alive but she was being stubborn and not listening to him so it's quite unsurprising she has died now. She was a good character and an interesting one, her death was kind of honourable as she didn't leave Mammoth to fend for himself but now Mammoth is all alone.

Sparkle seems to be getting on fine now without Shade but I think she has kind of lost her enthusiasm and when the other tributes came along she displayed a lot f fear, although at the start I thought she'd do really well I think her death might come soon.

Ismene and Malachite just have problems, Malachite is just a sadistic, spoilt brat to be honest and it's actually quite funny when Ismene decides to put him in his place. Now they're in an interesting part of the arena though so things may change...

And then there's the careers, there seems to be quite a divide in the tributes. Shine seems to get on fine with everyone but Nikolai clearly isn't happy with Jasper and Julius and they are aware of this. I can't see him staying in the alliance for much longer.
JGrayzz chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
I was literally shaking as I read this chapter-the suspense was killing me. This was an amazing story, and every single chapter during the Games had me on the edge of my seat. I'm going to say it again, Jake...you did a fantastic job with this whole setup. Honestly, I thought it would have been difficult to keep up with the updates and the blog, but you seemed to ignore all that and you entertained constantly. I envy your abilities.

I really didn't think Mammoth would pull out of this one. He was a guy I'd have thought would die early on trying to tackle the Careers all at once, despite his size. I thought the idea of a taller tribute would make him somewhat more unique, plus with the Italian influence, I think he would have been rather villainous. You exceeded my expectations with him, bringing out a whole lot of complexity to his character that I wrote as simple. I'm kind of at a loss for words, but know that it feels pretty damn great to have a "blank" character, rather faceless at first, being brought to life and having them pull out victorious...it's quite surreal. I can't give thanks enough that you wrote him so well.

Jasper/Mammoth is something I will be very interested in seeing. Their relationship will be very awkward and strained, because Mammoth was partly responsible for the death of Julius and the tearing of the Careers. He tried to kill her more than once, and she the same. I'm not sure how they're going to react around each other in the following days...perhaps Jasper will try to avoid him at all costs for the first few months and he the same as they try to piece together the nonsense and chaos of their lives. Jasper is going to have a difficult time with her new life, seeing as men will be chasing after her, now more than ever since she's a victor. And little would they know that Jasper is nothing short of a broken human being...a shell of what she once was.

Mammoth is probably going to avoid women at all costs, abandoning his former plans to bring down the Capitol and seduce the Mayor's daughter since he would be afraid of "failing" her too. Mammoth might even abandon his gang out of depression, which would be interesting to see. I think Tony would be proud of his progress nevertheless.

It would be compelling to see a Jasper/Mammoth "friendly" relationship form, rather than them just avoiding each other at all costs. They are from two different worlds-but it would be neat to see them actually making cameos in the other District's stories.

I really didn't know who I wanted to win; usually with other stories I have a set of tributes that I hold in favor of others but this one sort of had me at a blank state of mind. I actually found myself just wishing to be blindfolded-sort of a metaphorical surprise. I like when things are shocking, and I like when I truly have no idea which person should win. It makes the stories less cliche.

My overall favorite? I sort of became fond of Tyrian and Zephyr. Velvet was my overall favorite female tribute, but Iridium and Jasper began to take her place as the Games progressed.

The obituaries were well written; I was expecting a simple "Cause of Death", but then I saw the long descriptions and my jaw hinge loosened quite a bit. The amount of detail in your writing still astounds me. I particularly enjoyed the reactions of their loved ones.

I am very happy with the winners, one of them being my own tribute, which is still quite shocking to say the least. Jasper was not one I expected to see winning because of her affinity for seduction, but after I realized it was all a ploy for her own survival I began to sympathize. It was saddening to see Julius die, but I think it would have been expected to see them win. It was a neat little romance for what it was.

I'm going to submit a tribute for District 10-now that Mammoth won I'm not as inclined to write a character who has so much depth and complexity. Rather, I will give you a character that may seem odd so as to make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thanks for writing a fantastic story, Jake. And to think, this is only the First District. I can't even imagine what's in store for the next...
Sgarnett99 chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
Well, this will be a long one. And not fun, not funny (not that my other ones were very funny either) serious, maybe boring, 'cause I have a lot to say :)

First, this chapter. It was exciting, wonderfully written, believable, and a wonderful ending to the story. I think it was a good choice to leave it off there. Iridium's death was 'heartbreaking' for me but I think it was a great choice. Her character arc came to an end just as the story finished and even though her death was horrible (head chopped off :P) it was perfect. So, wonderful chapter. The winners are perfect choices and I think Iridium winning would have been too cliche. I love her to death but it was her time to go. There was nothing for her at home.

Now, I have to pay a little respect to all the dead tributes :D

Dear Brann,
You were pitiful. Boring, drab, created for the Bloodbath. But you were a human who didn't deserve death. You didn't even get a chance to fight. For that, I as a 'Capitol viewer' apologize. Rest in peace, bro. And your goodbye segment was incredible for such a minor character.

Dear Jayce,
You were pathetic, too lame to be a volunteer, and sad. Your goodbye segment was also very touching and you'll be remembered for your caring attitude, even if it got you killed. Have fun in heaven (if heaven exists).

Dear Lock,
You were different, creative, strange, and I loved you for that. I won't ever forgive Iridium for killing you and leaving your family heartbroken, but you should know you're, on the whole, loved and missed throughout District 1.

Dear Alise,
Your death was unfair. You were blind, and you had no chance at winning, or really even surviving day one, but you were brave and a real trooper. We salute you for that. You'll meet your friends again someday.

Dear Ania,
Your death, too, was unjust. Your family doesn't miss you, but at least you're with your brother and sister now. You shouldn't have ever been killed. But it was inevitable, and you knew it, so thank you for being brave and optimistic throughout the Capitol, just for the sake of Alise.

Dear Cypra,
You were in over your head. You shouldn't have died, but you shouldn't have joined the Careers either. Your death was coming for you, and though you're not going to be missed at the training academy, and though it's going to be difficult for your parents and brother, they'll be okay someday. Rest in peace, bbg.

Dear Oily,
You were so strange. Your quest for balance was a nice, although pointless, one. CE really misses you, and although your parents did lie, and your brother moved on, she'll never forget the strange little hero you were.

Dear Shade,
Maybe you shouldn't have given up like that. Maybe you didn't realize Jewel needed you to come home. Maybe you could have protected Sparkle. Either way, your death brought your mother and Jewel closer together, so maybe, in a twisted way, some good came out of it. Your murderer regretted it, you know.

Dear Meaghan,
You were always a little weird, a little off, but you were loved. Tyrian left you to die and he shouldn't be forgiven for that, ever, but he died too. Just so you know, Axel had a baby that looked just like you, and they named her Meaghan, too.

Dear Coralie,
You were adorable. I really loved you and wanted you to do well. But, girl, even though you were hopeless, you were a survivor and you outlasted nearly half the competition. Mammoth still visits you, and even though your parents and many others have moved on, you won't be forgotten by me. Rest in peace. :)

Dear Shine,
You should've lasted longer. Iridium killed you, but it was bad luck. It could have just as well been Velvet, or Jasper, but you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You'll be missed by your academy friends and you should know they respect you. Even if your family was a little crazed, it's okay 'cause you'll be with your mum now.

Dear Caitrin,
I didn't always like you. But you were a survivor, you were tough and you outlasted some tough competitors, like Shine. Your parents really miss you, and they visit you every single day. You brought them closer together and you'll never be forgotten for that. You brought together Iridium and Sparkle, and you made a beautiful friendship. You'll always stay the innocent, loyal, caring 13 year old you were when the mutts killed you, though.

Dear Zephyr,
You were strong and loyal. Your care for Alise, Duke and Ania was touching and it won't be forgotten. Your obsession with Ismene and killing her was a little weird, but she didn't deserve to kill you. Your family and many friends miss you back at home. Rest in peace.

Dear Nikolai,
It seems like you were an inspiration to many of your friends. Now, morning stars are a lot more popular, all because of you. Your death was unlucky and brutal. Your dad was the most affected, he loved you and cared so much.

Dear Sparkle,
Everyone loved you so much. You were a girl in unfortunate circumstances, but your bright optimism and kind attitude got you very far in the Games. Your mum has your ashes, and she still misses you. Us Capitol viewers all mourned your death and loved you. You were so important to Iridium, you showed her what it felt like to have a friend, and she was heartbroken when you died. Your death was awful, a mutt, inescapable, and unfair. But it was quick. And you don't have to worry about anything now.

Dear Duke,
You were a fighter and your death was horrid. Your parents miss you, and so does Gabriel. You were super kind to ally with Zephyr, Ania and especially Alise. You'll be remembered for that.

Dear Malachite,
Many in District 1 turned on you the second your true nature was revealed. You won't be missed among them but I'll remember and love you for the clever boy who played it so well, who should have known better than to steal Ismene's kill. But Ismene died too, and she's going to find you. Just you wait.

Dear Velvet,
You should have been killed by a tribute, you were brave and deserved to go down fighting. You kept your parents together, and the community loved you. They grieved for you together, and your friends miss you. You'll be remembered for your bravery and love for danger.

Dear Tyrian,
Even though your family and the rest of District One moved on fairly easily from your death, you won't be forgotten by me. I really appreciate your remorse for causing Caitrin's and Meaghan's deaths, and I know they'd forgive you; after all, the Capitol did this, not you.

Dear Julius,
Even though the district appreciated your death, we know who you really were and we know how much Sunny, Jasper and your parents regretted your death. You deserved a shot at life, but luck wasn't on your side. Good job for making it to the final five. D1 will forget about you, I won't. And I think you'll find Sunny soon.

Dear Ismene,
You were always a little twisted. You couldn't share, yes, you were immature, but you shouldn't have been forced to kill others. You had a big impact on your community and you should know that your brother isn't ever going to have the same fate as you. Your parents are making sure of it.

Dear Jasper,
You're so strong for making it through all this, for going on even though Julius died. You should be proud of yourself, even though you killed Iridium. If you win the final Games, you'll be a bit crazy, but if you don't, maybe you'll get to live with Julius in heaven. Either way, good luck.

Dear Mammoth,
I love you. You're so strong, so kind, a gentle giant, and you deserved this victory. Thank you for saving Iridium when she was hurt, and thank you for helping her get this far. Thank you for giving Coralie some hope, and thank you for still visiting Coralie's grave. I hope you die next Games, so that you don't end up living with the guilt of the tribute's you've killed and failed to protect. And maybe if you die you'll be able to find Coralie and Iridium.

And lastly, dear Iridium.
You were so brave, so strong, and I'm so proud of you for getting to the final three. You basically placed second, you know. You're a trooper, and you fought through an injury. You learned a lot in the last week of your life, and I know you'll be good friends with Sparkle if there's an afterlife. I can't believe you made it this far and I loved reading you. Lammina doesn't really understand where you are, but she's going to miss you. Your mother and father are their same horrid selves. The district misses and admires you, and I know you've made an impact on several of them. You could have killed Jasper, and you were so close, but you're okay now. You wouldn't have been loved at home. Overall, Iridium, I want to give you one last goodbye and tell you to rest in peace, to find heaven if it really does exist, and to know that I'll never forget you. :)

Well, that was very sentimental, lol.
But Jake, I just want to say thanks for writing her so wonderfully, thanks for letting Iridium make it to the final three. Every time I read her perspective I couldn't help smiling and when I read her 'We Remember' section in the blog I actually was gonna tear up. Thanks for bringing her to life like this and letting her make it this far :)

Oh man, that's even more sappy. You're probably all judging me right now but don't, I grew super attached to Iridium and actually started to really care about her :P (any other tribute I submitted, I'd be like, 'ha! Sucker! You died!')

Thanks for writing this, Jake! I can't wait for District Ten!
Bye Iridium, I love you!
Audrey
nb1998 chapter 22 . 1/19/2013
I'm really feeling like the games have started now, I am liking the detail in the tributes' feelings it's excellent. And as always the writing is really great, already the tributes are changing now they've been put into the arena.

Meaghan: As much as she is the same old crazy girl I can't help but feel she has changed a bit. She hasn't killed yet though so we haven't seen her reaction to that. I'm liking the alliance with Tyrian, it was nice to see a good description of the arena here as well and I like how she actually felt something for Lock.

Duke: These two showed a lot of emotion in this chapter over poor Ania and Alise's deaths and I thought it was really nice how much they cared for them and how they will win for them. Their reactions were also very realistic and I want them to do well.

Caitrin: In all honestly I actually feared for the poor girl there. I never thought she would get past the bloodbath and then when I saw who she encountered I thought her name would be at the end of the chapter on the death list. Boy those too are cruel but Caitrin had an advantage in her height, hopefully she won't encounter them again.

Velvet: Go Velvet just for the awesome person you are. It's kind of nice to see her feel guilt killing someone but then I hope it doesn't affect her in the long run, I can also see her going into a separate alliance with Nikolai... in fact I can see the whole career alliance breaking up.

Iridium: I like her attitude to be honest because she's right, why feel sorry for people that volunteered to die? so I guess she felt sorry for the right people in Ania and Alise and I hope she does well. She's already doing well and I think it'll continue.
nb1998 chapter 21 . 1/19/2013
Whoo the games, finally. The writing really was super. There was a few shocks but not too many, i'll just go trough who died:

Lock Arakora Skull: This was a big shock to me, his character had built up so much from the first day but we could tell he was getting weaker and his determination to win and get through this wasn't very good in his last pov. I'm quite glad he had a quick death and also it has shown how tough Iridium is.

Shade Manson: This was the second shock to me. I really liked him because of how mysterious he was so I didn't expect his death so early. He was free as well... and now Sparkle is all by herself.

Ania Vine: I obviously didn't want her to die because she was quite hopeless but I guess it was kind of good since she didn't have to deal with Alise's death. She didn't really sand that much of a chance to be honest.

Ollie "Oily" Marble: I guess his plan was never really going to work, I just didn't really feel drawn to him since the beginning and I found it difficult to talk about him. He was odd to say the least and he was brave but I guess he was always going to die.

Cypra Dashor: I did expect this to be honest. I thought Malachite was going to kill one of the careers just to show how much he had fooled everyone so when it was Cypra it wasn't too much of a surprise as she was a lot weaker than the rest of the careers. And we've finally seen physco Malachite... scary stuff.

Jayce Adaire: Erm yeah he wasn't really involved, but with his death Shine got to prove she was a worthy career so I guess it did help.

Alise Tourmaline: Yeah this was always going to happen wasn't it.. it's a bit sad seeing as she is only a blind, defenceless kid. I'm kind of glad it was Nikolai and not some physco Ismene or Malachite but all the same it's sad. And that alliance has totally been tore apart...

Brann Malone: His death was really interesting actually and I think it's shown to the tributes they are willing to do anything to make this arena more interesting. The blood description was very well detailed as well.

The arena looks great as well, looking forward to seeing what's behind the doors...
SafeEyesOpen chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
OBGUSUYEUHWTSUEHYEYGYHFGFUWE JIDGEPRJHYDGKUGHISDYRWVYGDWQ UIETKHUSFGFWSAHG7REUP9HGFIDF TSHYGUIUHJDFSUFHGDIDGHFJSAJL RHEHDSGJDJUTECTBU6BJREFSDTFH SAYFDSBFHETTERYRTHRTRE8YTRTU EHFGVFBVSDJFGRHTURHGRUGBGFGF NBJKRJEHIRETYHRTYERYHGHRYERH GTYEYREATRGDFGFIGHRTHIETH ERFGTYRUILTUYWE4TYYEWPTWYEYY 'UKHGHFGT

HOLY ,FHGSFHVHUEIGUHFDJDQgwkosvfjb hjfjvkjdhgHHJHFJFJHJGGHGRGDG DGDGDG

SHE WON
SHE
ACTUALLY
WON

I WAS PUTTING MY HAND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN THE WHOLE TIME SO THAT WHEN I WAS SCROLLING I WOULDN'T ACCIDENTALLY SEE WHO DIED.

AND JUST NOW TYPING THAT FJDGHJGFJDB MY MOM YELLED AT ME TO STOP
AND I WAS LIKE
IT MEANS I HAVE NO WORDS
SO SHUT UP
AND SHE JUST LOOKED AT ME
SO I CONTINUED REVIEWING.

JASPER. IT FEELS AS THOUGH I CREATED HER BARELY A WEEK AGO. AND HERE SHE IS A WINNER. WITH MAMMOTH. MY FAVORITE LITTLE DARLING. BUT OMFG. JASPER. I CAN'T. EVEN. SHE WON.
SHE FUCKING WON!

OWWWWWWIE
OWW
OW.

A LEG BONE JUTTING OUT?
WOULDN'T SHE HAVE GOTTEN BLOOD POISONING BY THEN?
MAYBE SHE WOULDN'T HAVE LIVED AFTER ALL

BUT
WHAT NOW

AND DISTRICT TEN
IM WORKING ON IT
I STILL NEED A NAME UGGGGG!
HOW ABOUT MOO

THIS IS SO CRAY
IVE BEEN INSPIRED
AND JASPER
ALWAYS KNOW
I LOVED JULIUS WAY MORE THAN YOU.

AND JAKE.
THE WAY YOU BROUGHT HER TO LIFE
I MEAN
ITS CRAZY
SO ACCURATE
SO ORIGINAL
SO PERFECT
LIKE ALL THESE CHARACTERS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE WITH ME NOW

OMFG I DONT WANT TO END THIS REVIEW!
ITS THE LAST I CAN DO

SO VERY CRAY

Okay Jake. ending time. :,((((((((
i think i might cry.
i dont know why.
i just dont even know what to feel.
and ug we need to talk
i needz some adivcez!
ya camera ginga!

okay so for the last time:
kk bibi jakey i love you keep writing those books send me a copy and make my year lime decade forver yes k? okay. watch out for the floor im comein for ya

and tell yo sibling i kidnapped they can come out of the fridge
and to bring me like
something to eat.

or back in the fridge they go.

and so yes yes this is like
my favorite syot ever
officially
im recommending it on all da forumzzzzz
this was amazing
i cant even
this story was like no other
it was beautiful
and perfect
and you didnt exaggerate on anything
you really made me feel everything they felt
you captured everything
to the point where
i squeal when reading this
and bite down on my knuckles so my mom doesnt tell me to shut up
i legit have teeth marks on my knuckles right now from this chapter
lmfao they really hurt
i shouldn't do that again
oh well
yolo

so one last time goodbye jasper and mammoth.
i loved you both so much.

rip others i loved like julius and sparkle and others
and the rest

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkk

Love,
Vix.
Chaos In Her Wake chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
The little 'complete' up there with the story info. Maan. It's like a dream has died. But anyway:

Aww, yes! Jasper and Mammoth. XD RIP Iridium, you were a beautiful character and you never gave up :)

I was pushing for Ismene and Zephyr to win (until he died of course) because that would have been hilarious. After that was over, I really was hoping for Mammoth to pull through. The other spot wasn't quite as important. Oh well, in the end it was filled by a good character!

The obituaries made me CRY. GOSH. I'll blame both Jake and Corey for that one :)

I am extremely happy with the winners, and I'm looking forward to the next Games.

The chapter was intense. I loved the setting you used for the final battle and the shadow-guide was fittingly disturbing. The dream Jasper had was seriously amazing, it was vivid and poignant. Start the chapter/day remembering the dead, but of course she was still ready to kill and survive later on.

Happy writing! :)
nb1998 chapter 20 . 1/19/2013
And the next chapter is the bloodbath, although I can see the finale has just being posted. I look forward to seeing who is winning. I liked the idea of a preparation chapter as most games just rush that or don't include it at all.

Shade: His memory is definitely an asset to him and I can see him doing well. He wants to kill and he has a good ally to help him. His nerves were shown well as you don't normally get to see a tough tribute nervous, and I did like the little detail that he felt sorry for the avox.

Ania: It's really good how much her confidence has risen over the short space of time she jas but I have a feeling it might just all drop down on her quickly. Her fear is evident, especially of the other tributes.. she just has to hope she gets past the bloodbath, she has strong enough allies to help her.

Cypra: Out of the career tributes she probably is the least able and it's interesting that already she is having these nightmares. Maybe she will become to wary of her allies to stay in the career pack, or maybe she might not survive at all. It's clear she's talented but not winning material.

Coralie: Like Ania her hope has risen slightly, and I can see her getting past the bloodbath. I like how she now sees Mammoth as more than just her ally that's protecting her and she understands he has to die. She does stand a chance if she tries.

Nikolai: It seems the career pack is having some worries as not only Cypra has fears but Nikolai has fears of the whole thing falling apart. When I think about it, that is quite possible and he does seem to feel quite rejected by Jasper and Julius, maybe he just won't go to the pack at all although that would create him some enemies.

Alise: Everyone is telling her she can win but that's just getting her hopes up, unless Ania saves her instantly her hopes are pretty much impossible. I feel sorry for her when she doesn't know what's there, I can just hope her death isn't too cruel.
Anla'shok chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
AAAAND it's over!
Whoa.
Intense!
I'm hot for District 10!
Blue Eyes Arch Angel chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
The victors,exactly the two i voted for as well,awesome!
The intensity was immense,I was stuck,feeling every emotion and fear,the fighting epic and the outcome brilliant!

As for the questions:
I wanted Mammoth to win all along really!
Mammoth was also my favourite! Along with Ollie
Great
And of course I'm happy!
nb1998 chapter 19 . 1/19/2013
I'm getting close to the games now, just one more chapter to go. This chapter was great, interviews normally become quite tedious but I think you did well to keep it from not getting boring.

Lock: Poor Lock, he seems quite hopeless at times and he also over thinks things quite a lot but I guess he is in the games and most people tend to. I like how he went for the mysterious look though as that might make him look a bit better than he is. And the determination to see Angelo could help him.. maybe.

Jasper: I do really feel sorry for her in the way the Capitol are taking advantage of her looks but at least she can use them to her advantage. Plus her and Tyrian are working up quite a rivalry. He seems to act differently around her and certainly knows how to work her up. I hope Jasper is the one that gets the better over him in the end.

Julius: Yeah Julius is a cool dude, I like how he has a genuine friendship with Jasper and I wonder which one of them will outlast the other. His interview seemed to go quite well actually, and he was thinking right when it came to competition.

Mammoth: I like how protective he is being and it seems the only person he really cares about is Coralie. He played a good angle in the interview and it seemed to win him other some sponsors. I'm pretty sure he'll do great in the games.

Caitrin: I kind of forgot about her actually, she hasn't appeared in quite a long time and she also has no allies. She has some training and I guess she has done well to be quite observant in training but I'm just not seeing her getting past the bloodbath.

Malachite: Urgh this kid is so evil and sadistic. I'm surprised not many other people have seen through his stupid act although he seems unaware that more people have than he thinks. The Capitol seem oblivious to this though so he could do well to get sponsors when he begins to kill...
nb1998 chapter 18 . 1/19/2013
There was some really interesting scores there, and the careers managed to do very well also. I can't wait for the games.

Sparkle: Her attitude is just great and I think she is one of the tributes you write best for. The whole scene was really interesting and we really saw Sparkle for being quite a bitch to her mentor. I also liked seeing her opinion on Oily and she did decent with a score of seven.

Tyrian: You can tell this guy is going to be quite dangerous to the careers so I wouldn't be surprised if they go straight after him once the games begin. He was really powerful when showing his skills especially against the avox. I can also see a fight with Jasper coming.

Ismene: I liked her interaction with Julius as it shows how oblivious to Malachite being evil the careers are and I have a feeling Malachite will kill one at the bloodbath. Ismene was really talented in the session as well and it was quite impressive when she spelt the letter I out with her knives. She seems to be getting better and better.

Velvet: Woo Velvet, this pov was mostly the scores but oh well Velvet is epic just because she's Velvet and her score totally proved this although her mentor was a bitch about it.

Iridium: She did really great and is definitely a contender. One problem is she might be a rival of the careers now. I like how you said a little bit about Brann and Jase as well although they are pretty much pointless anyway. Her mentor was a horrible person as well... great chapter though.
nb1998 chapter 17 . 1/19/2013
And so training comes to a close, I certainly look forward to seeing what scores everyone manages to pull off as all of the alliances are finally made.

Meaghan: Her and Tyrian eh, I didn't expect that I have to say but I'm liking the change in her as well as she begins to feel free. I kind of feel sorry for her as well and it was nice to see her just reflecting over things on the roof. I liked the interactions as well, it's a nice little alliance.

Oily: His views are very well thought out and everything and especially with him your characterisation is great but I don't know, I like quite a few other tributes better. He's very interesting and unique but i'm just seeing his chances as quite limited.

Duke: The fact Duke has trained firstly shows that he does stand a decent chance but it was the alliance with Ania and Alise that was really sweet here. I liked his protectiveness over them and it will be quite sad if either or both of them die at the bloodbath. He was really nice in this chapter.

Shine: And so Shine decides to join the careers as well, now that has clearly made the alliance very mixed but I liked the confidence that Velvet had in Shine and it was the first interest that Velvet had properly shown, could that indicate something.

Zephyr: Ooo the battle between him and Ismene is heating up rapidly. I liked their little spit and I can't wait to see them interact in the arena although I have a feeling it will be Zephyr that dies. And then he joins the sweet alliance, that was cool also.
Sgarnett99 chapter 30 . 1/18/2013
Bye, Ismene. I won't miss you. Sorry bb. But yeah that is the truth right there you were just gettin' a little weird for my weak little mind, and LEARN TO SHARE, kk babe? Oh wait nvm you're dead. Haha, Mammoth killed you. Oh yeah and I feel mean so to the submitter: Ismene was really creative, and interesting, just a little evil, y'know? But r.i.p Ismene.
It was too cute when she was thinking about Malachite as she died, and the way she was crying was really realistic because a lot of authors don't capture that like UH YEAH I THINK IF YOU WERE ABOUT TO GET MURDERED YOU'D BE CRYING
the feast pt.2 was a good idea.

Hm, Iridium isn't in the best shape, huh? Broken leg and whatnot. But YOU'RE A FIGHTER BBG, KEEP GOING!

Jasper, I feel so bad for you, 2 against 1, and I'm really surprised they didn't just go to the dome nd finish her off. But ah well, next chapter shall be interesting, part of me doesn't want Julius to die in vain but really i think Jasper just needs to be put out of her misery! xD

BUT YEAH I REALLY WOULD LOVE FOR IRIDIUM AND MAMMOTH TO WIN FINAL THREE AGGGHHHHH SO INTENSE

this was a wonderful surprise, I didn't expect you to update today and was so happy when i saw there was a ch.30, it was awesome to read and this is legit one of my fave fanfics :)
awesome writing can't wait for the final battle ASHD GA GAL GH