Reviews for It Started with a Whisper
Jade Lee chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Hi quisinart, just wanted to drop a line and say what a great job you have done with this pairing. Too bad it doesn't seem like it's going to happen in real life but this was way more believable than what's been going on with the show! Anyway just wanted to encourage you to keep on writing!
666Spektor chapter 5 . 11/22/2013
chymom chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
Loved it! I so wish they would pull this on the show!
Guest chapter 5 . 7/27/2013
Loved this!
Befham chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
Second time reading this and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Kudos to mentioning Nikita :)
thekeeperoftime chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
Good story! I liked it!
A. Mulholland chapter 4 . 3/10/2013
This was too, too great. I am squeeing internally at the adorable of it.

You are absolutely fantastic writer and storyteller. I can't wait to read more of your work.
A. Mulholland chapter 2 . 3/10/2013
"As they fall onto the bed, she's still thinking of everything she'd miss from home.

She realizes later that she never thought of how much she'd miss Adam."

Fantastic. There's so much meaning packed into just two sentences. What a powerful way to convey such a complicated state of mind and decision. Absolutely fantastic.

You do a fantastic (I apologize for the profusion of "fantastics" - I'm stuck on this word IRL and it seems to have transferred, especially since your work is, indeed, fantastic) job with the characters.
Sidalee chapter 5 . 1/16/2013
I re-read this whole story and I still love it to pieces. Especially this last chapter. I like the way you made them 'come out' to Chin and Danny, which was basically Danny being his usually over observant self and knowing way before everyone else. But hey, it was so damn funny with the puns on nearly every ship this fandom has. What a great and hilarious idea. Lol.
I loved all the little domestic little glimpes to their life together because I love domestic McKono the best.
Thank you for this story!
tracysgate chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
and finished with a squeal* the story that is. not McKono :)
sellthelies chapter 5 . 12/23/2012
I'm going to try and do this without reading again! Because that's what screws me up, I get to that bit with Grace at the end, and I'm just a mess again. So cute and perfect!

There's just so much I love about this final bit. Steve sleeping on her couch waiting for her, but not expecting to stay over. I love that so much.

The bit with Doris is so delightful too, of course she knows, but I love that you had her stay out of it. Not try and interfere, she knows her place. She loves Steve, but knows she really has no place talking to him about these things yet. I love that you were nice to her, I think she's going to be one of those characters that people aren't always because of personal feelings, which is understandable, but I really like when people don't do that.

And everyone findng out! Just so fabulous! I love the way you write Danny, and the team moments like that. Teasing, and cute, but not over-pushing things. And the "maybe I was talking about Chin", so cute! I really loved that. And how I'd love to read all these "rules" that Danny and Chin came up with. I'm going to pretend it's laminated and stuck on the break room wall.

The end is my favourite though! Grace! There really isn't enough Grace in Steve/Kono fic, and her reaction is so cute. I love it so much.
hunnybee1 chapter 5 . 12/22/2012
Loved this! That final scene in particular, with them at the beach, was just so cute and I loved how they "came out" to Chin and Danny at HQ.
As for the one-shots you talked about - absolutely! I'm more than a little hooked on your McKono fics, so I'll be reading all of them. Keep up the good work!
alekeneka chapter 5 . 12/19/2012
I really enjoyed your story. Looking forward to reading more of your stories!
tanya2byour21 chapter 5 . 12/18/2012
This chapter was to cute and I loved it. I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. Keep up the great writing and please post more soon.
TvFanatic97 chapter 5 . 12/15/2012
I liked the ending and I'm glad that you decided not to re-write it in the end! I'm sorry that my review has taken some time, I haven't had much time to properly sit on a laptop to write out my review but now I have time...I'm sad to see it end though. I know I've already said that I'm all for the Steve/Kono collection but I'll say it again, please do go ahead with the collection of one-shots!

I liked how guilty Kono felt that Steve had showed up with takeaway with plans to spend the night with her and she already had plans then she kept thinking about him throughout her time with her friends and just wanted to go back home to cute! I loved the line about how nice it was for Kono to come home to someone especially because Kono decided to give their relationship a go because she didn't want to return to an empty all works well together and flows; bravo!

I'm glad that you had their relationship "exposed" to Doris first (even if she already knew) because it was original and it made sense. It was really sweet to hear about all the different looks Steve has reserved for Kono and how he smiles more and has a special smile when she's around and I'm not surprised that someone noticed them and it was plausible for that someone to be Doris because she's admittedly very smart (she did put herself in hiding for like 20years). Their conversation was so incredibly sweet with some seriousness to it as well a perfect example of the mix of the two was Kono's declaration about how she doesn't want to see Steve hurt by Doris' presence. Also I think that if you go ahead with the established Steve/Kono one-shot collection you should do one with Steve and Kono having dinner with Doris at her new apartment.

You managed to come up with a fantastic but equally plausible and hilarious scenario for the team to find out about Steve and Kono, kudos to you! You wrote Danny perfectly (as per usual) with his teasing and his need to get Steve all riled up, it was hilarious. It's very in character that Steve tried to deflect from Danny's line of enquiry by teasing him but of course it didn't work and Danny just seized the opportunity to get Steve all worked up and jealous (which is great because I love seeing that side of Steve). I like how you brought in bits and pieces from previous episodes such as the undercover kiss and that psychic scene, I loved the original scenes and you just made them 10x better by using them in this context. I also liked how in "Scratch" it was Steve to reveal it first and now you've changed it up a bit and had Steve give that right to's nice to see the change. Poor Chin having to listen to all this talk of Steve basically defiling his cousin and oh dear Kono just couldn't help herself with the supply closet...which was a very nice visual btw. I also loved the mention of the "boss" thing...I commend your great continuation in your fics! This whole scene just had me in fits of laughter, you make the beloved ohana scenes on the show even more entertaining!

At the beginning of this fic we saw the formation of a great friendship between Kono and Mary and it's nice to see how close they really are now. I don't have a brother myself but I can't even imagine how disturbing it is to think of your best friend having sex with your brother. I'm really glad that Mary has no problem with them being together though! I'm slightly curious about what it is Kono thinks Steve is very good at...but he must be very good at what he does if Kono describes it as being "ravaged".

I love how simply Steve just came out and asked to meet Kono's mom (well, parents really) because it's fitting to his character and you've also had him declare things so simply since he told her he wanted her. I just love how you write the simplicity of their relationship and Kono grabbing Steve's hand in the final scene was a great highlight of this. I loved how simple her realisation of how much Steve meant to her and the future she wanted to have with him was. Grace's reaction to them being together was so cute and I could picture her reacting that way easily.

This has been a great fic and thank you so much for sharing it with us all. I can't wait for any future works you may have in store for everyone!