Reviews for Admiral, Father, Dad
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
I've been meaning to read this for a while now. I'm very glad I finally got to reading it. I love the whole exploration of Tom's relationship with his father and how it changed.

"Sometimes Tom would start talking to his father; only to realize partway through the conversation that it was the admiral he was talking to." and "When Tom was still a kid, he used to imagine that father had his dad locked up somewhere inside him. Tom got mad at father for taking his dad away from him." - in particular were just great.
And I enjoyed the little bits of humour "Neelix, the ship's self-appointed design critic" and the P/T interaction: Tom not wanting to wake B'Elanna and her reciprocal concern for him. Excellent job. I'm going to read more of your writing.
DarkDevon13 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
This was a nice fic
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Great story.
Moonlitfaith chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Nicely done. A nice different take on Tom and Admiral Paris' backstory in contrast to some of the obviously "don't like tight spaces" stories.
Very believable and touching. Thanks for sharing.
bina W chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
This was good. I wish there were more stories out there that had Owen Paris. Do you know of any more? I also plan on reading your story on how Kathryn and Tom kept their professional (and private) relationship after "30 Days." I will give you feeback on that as chance you would hbe willingto write a longer story that ha Paris and Tom in it?
Bina
Juddysbuddy chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This was great! Loved the P/T stuff, of course. Loved the
way you wove the stuff about his Dad, Father, Admiral in
with it. That part about his dad giving him a padd after
Tom's "First Time" was something I'd never heard of before.
Thank you again for a great story!
Rusty Raccoon chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
A nice, enjoyable read that shows decent insight into both characters. I think you did a very good job in making sense of the differences in Owen Paris' character that people have mentioned in a way that I think is believable.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
"To … my Dad, it's nice to know he's still there."
Very nice take on the evolution of that line.

Also loved the P/T bits, the understanding and consideration they have developed for one another, the private space they have carved out for themselves. We occasionally got glimpses of that in the series, and I always love seeing it explored.
Lliaaame chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Wonderful :D
ForensAnthro chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I always wondered about the discrepancies in Admiral Paris' character! I think you tidied things up really nicely, and I really like the P/Tness:)