Reviews for Growing Up
Hammerhead chapter 1 . 8/26/2018
This is, um...a bit dark.
Semore butts PHD chapter 1 . 9/3/2016
good shit
iKoffeeholic chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
So real
abbyzelda chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Oh my stars ...

I just stumbled upon this, and after reading through the story and glancing at the stats, I'm thinking: ONLY 5 favourites?! That's not right. This deserves more, and I mean WAY more than that. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if people immediately ran away after seeing the 'no yaoi' at the beginning, and that just makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I love yaoi (check out some of my stories if you don't believe me) but it's nice to take a break from the usual stuff every now and then. But I digress.

This is a breathtaking story. So poignant and realistic; I could feel sympathy for Eddy, wanting everything to return to the way that it was. And who wouldn't? It's tragic to see everyone's favourite cul-de-sac end up like this, but at the same time it fits so well. Despite the genre, you didn't go overboard on the angst, and I can't tell you how much of a relief that is!

And I want to comment on the ending. It's perfect. Eddy trying to recreate memories of his former youth and all the other kids via Plank is beautiful, heartbreaking, and touching. I love the glimmer of hope at the end; yeah, things are hell, but you never know, maybe someday everything will turn out okay...

I really don't know what else to say. This story blew me away; you really are quite gifted!
Hoods2428 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
:( so sad.
iPsychic chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
*claps* This... Was perfect! Wow, you wrote this so well and everything in this was just amazing. To think, this could actually happen to them when they're older. The ending about Jonny even scared me xD But, right towards the end was beautiful, with Eddy making his own Plank that each had something symbolizing everyone. Well done! Loved it :D
InTheNameOfSanity chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Wow, this was very powerful. I enjoyed your different takes on all of the characters and it was very sad, especially Johnny, I think. I also like how you portrayed Eddy, very realistically. Congratulations, this is brilliant.
Easymac120 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This is a very well-written story, and definitely one of the best EEnE darkfics I've read. The ending with Eddy's Plank, in particular, had quite the emotional punch. If you plan to keep writing, definitely do so. You have potential.

-Easymac
snowstorm-at-sunset chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Great story! I like how you've explained everyones future, even the sad ones. I really enjoyed it.