Reviews for Witches Ball
Guest chapter 3 . 12/25/2015
This was a cute story and I liked it... but I think now knowing the events of Forbidden Scrollery Chapter 25 would turn chapter 3 into an entire potentially tragic story in and of itself. Still, there is no real canon, and this story is enough to make me imagine a lighter and softer Gensokyo.
Psykoakuma chapter 3 . 7/5/2015
Absolutely fantastic! The stories involving my gay magicians are always so incredible!
I think it has a lot to do with KOA hehe. But no. If anyone was missing it just wouldn't be the same. Anyway I kind of new how things were going to turn out given I read the Maribel and Renko books but that didn't really matter. This was too much fun!
swartzvald chapter 3 . 5/26/2015
Oh,, that ending's a bit abrupt. Felt like it was setting somthing up...
swartzvald chapter 2 . 5/26/2015
I do love when Koa is a succubus. But who know she was jewish? I'll be hearing her ass Fran Drecher now...
swartzvald chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
Now I want a backrub for some reason...good start, let's see how this goes.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Back rub OP AF
Guest chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
Nice waff. Not familiar enough with the source material to say more... but I enjoyed this fanfic anyway.
KageNoYoko chapter 3 . 1/4/2014
such a pity. an entirely researched, organized and confirmed universe, and you leave it like this. On a cliffhanger that offers so much more.

Honestly, just by reading this I can think up at least 3 different one-shots that could have been done, even if they would amount to something mildly pointless. They'd be amusing.

These are the kind of stories I've found I like the most. You created a background for things, you broke the mold of the universe in question, and you did something different than the rest. And explained it, the process of getting to it, and in a way the end results of it.

I've seen a few where Marisa became a true youkai, but most of those have simply used it as a point of time, not a point of interest, and that drives me up the wall, since you would think it a wonderful chance to play with Marisa's character so much more. No, they just mention Marisa became a youkai, and glance over the how, ugh...

While disappointed that you didn't take the chance to expand this universe out through one-shots or a short story series, I can say that it makes for a good standalone story.

Things you could have done though include exploring mentioned characters and their reactions to Marisa's new abilities (Mima, Byakuren, hell you even offered up Sanae), have some wacky misadventures of the three studying together and getting into arguments (which I admit, were touched on throughout, but could have been expanded to so much more), or used it as a focal point in changing up the plot of some of the future games (You mentioned Byakuren, so that leaves any game past that point as prime materials).

Mild disappointment in it's lack of expansion. Amazed by the process throughout and the conversations. and Mystified by all of the humorous interactions.

This story deserves a 9/10.

(I considered an 8 due to spelling errors throughout, but your use of large words I don't even know the meaning of balanced out the whole thing. Not to mention I'm way too kind in most of my scores, so a 7 isn't very hard to make...I need to revise my scoring system sometime).

Ja Ne!
jgkitarel chapter 3 . 11/24/2013
Interesting. You actually came up with a way for Marissa to have something go horribly wrong, right and explained the how of it.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Since when did Marisa steal Tewi/Tei from Eientei? The chances of that happening are so absurd, it'd take a miracle...
SANAE KOCHIYA WHEN DID IT BECOME A GOOD IDEA TO USE MIRACLES LIKE THAT
Ebonpyre chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
I quite like this fiction, seeing Gensokyo's three greatest maguses working together towards something is a nice break to romance triangles and fighting, also I like Koakuma's mischievous personality, it honestly is humorous.
linkhyrule5 chapter 3 . 12/11/2012
Aarrrgh, I want to know what Marisa signed :P. Master of the First Spark? Ordinary Magician?

And Patchouli, for that matter, but we mostly know her titles.
Kageayamu Sakushi chapter 3 . 12/11/2012
This is really good. Please update soon
Kayne Kellan chapter 3 . 12/10/2012
I really like this story and hope to see it continued and expanded. You do an excellent job with the interactions between the characters.

Now I'm kind of hoping that Reimu will ascend to godhood, become a hermit, or something along those lines. :)
korat5 chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
good fic looking foreword to more