Reviews for The Parents of the Colorado Kid
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Nicely written! I agree that Nathan is the father. In other forums I read comments where people completely missed the point. While Sarah was certainly capable of romantic love, that encounter on the beach was all about seizing the moment. She made that abundantly clear.

Jim P
The Fiction Spider chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Haha, it seems I wasn't the only one who immediately went there ;)
Belle chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
oh my god i was thinking the same thing after the Sarah episode, Nathan expression sold it for me. "James, I am your father". LOVe it
Ashi-Grey chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Nice, short but sweet, and certainly something I could see actually being in an episode. Well written and refreshingly free of too many grammar/spelling slips. Hope you keep up the good work :D
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I have a feeling that they wont. It is just TOO obvious! I mean if you were a tv writer would you go for the obvious in a situation like this? I wouldnt. Its all very nice to think this will happen but it probs wont...
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I really hope he is. Just means they are meant to be together. If it is in 1955 or the present! He should get rid of that other chic and enjoy the time they still have together!
NephilimEQ chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I was *totally* thinking this as soon as I'd found out that the Colorado Kid was her son. This most recent episode simply explained how it happened!
Liz chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Yeah, with the look on Nathan's face when Audrey tells him she has a son, you can't help but think he may be the father. Plus, the Colorado Kid looks like Nathan.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
i hope you're right that would make my day!
STforRK chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Nice job. You are right it does seem obvious and it will be interesting to see where the writers will take the show in two weeks, the intrigue is going to build with the Thanksgiving break.
PsychVamp chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Great little one-shot!
I so totally agree! I just kept thinking, 'Are they really going to go there?', and there as in the time-travel turns into baby-daddy story, like so many that are present on this site. And I would love it so much if they confirm it in the show. I can't wait for the next episode!
Again, great story!
Doks chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Just what I needed. Thank you!
daniellands chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Loved it I hope they continue where they left off can't wait.
nypsy chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
hope you are right, b/c i don't want him w/jordan, he belongs with audrey!
Fallon Monroe chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I liked your fanfic. It's short, but it's something that everyone is wanting to happen. I'm not really sure how Audrey will react in the show. On one hand the man she loves slept with another woman. On the other hand, technically Audrey IS the other woman, so there really wasn't another woman. She just can't remember being with Nathan in that sense. Will Audrey feel betrayed? Or will she be okay with it? She refers to the Colorado kid as her son (which he is), so will she look at it that way? That James is her and Nathan's son, because technically that is true. I'm not exactly sure how I personally would react, but then again nothing in her life is simple or straightforward.
Nathan is totally the father. It wouldn't make sense for Sarah to be taken with him (other than that being a common thing for Sarah/Audrey), and for him to have stopped, turned around, and kissed her. It actually makes sense. I can't see Sarah falling for anyone else, and given the short amount of time Sarah/Lucy/Audrey is able to stick around, it makes sense that she conceived James right after arriving in Haven. Sarah kind of got the short end of the stick when you think about it. Audrey gets to have Nathan in her life, and has had him since arriving. Sarah got to spend a day with him.

It's kinda funny, when Nathan kissed Sarah, the words Audrey tells Nathan before he awakes from the dead- when they thought that it hadn't worked- are more true than she realizes. She said that she loved Nathan, that she has always loved him. Before this episode, I definitely thought of it in the context of since she met him, that there never really was anyone else. Now, however, it can also be thought of as she truly has always loved him- since 1955. Granted she has no memories of loving him, besides the memories of her time in Haven as Audrey, but still.

I would like to know who the heck "Agent Howard" really is! Somehow the same exact guy, looking exactly the same (other than his clothes) meets newly arriving Sarah/Lucy (guessing here, but it's very likely)/Audrey. I would also like to know what caused the Troubles, and what Sarah/Lucy/Audrey's role is in it. Why does she come and go with the troubles? Why doesn't she age? Why does the barn come for her? What does it have to do with the Hunter? Did Lucy find the answer to those questions, but reached the truth too late? If so, is that why she want's Audrey to find James before the Hunter? Does James know the truth? Is there away to stop the cycle? So, so many questions and so little answers. Haven is both aggravating and amazingly awesome. I do not know of any other show that grips your attention as well as Haven does.

I just realized how much I wrote/rambled. Sorry! I really wish there were Haven message boards...
Fallon Monroe