Reviews for Her Man and Her Family
Tim chapter 1 . 7/11
While this is a wonderful expansion of the wonderful possibilities of romance and creating family among our 5 main characters - Miss Price, Mr. Browne, and the three children - you do seem to misunderstand the historical context or at least misrepresent what was happening in history in that specific time. The fictional "incident at Pepperinge Eye" is not, nor should it be likened to, nor can it accurately be referred to as "the war," as you put it in your story. It is not "the war" but one minor fictional German raid, a sort of prelude to a possible invasion of Britain by Germany, during the "darkest hour" of August-September 1940, also known as the Battle of Britain. "The war" is more accurately referred to as World War II started on September 1, 1939, when Germany invaded Poland, and Britain and France declared war on Germany. By June 1940, most of Europe had fallen to Nazi Germany and there were strong indications that Hitler planned or wanted to invade Great Britain. Hitler tried to do so via a bombing campaign to achieve air superiority, known as the Blitzkrieg or the Blitzm hence the references in B&B to the "terrible bombings in London." That Hitler did not invade England in 1940 has been seen by historians as the greatest blunder in history. While threat of invasion passed and intense aerial bombings of England became somewhat less frequent, World War II in Europe itself went on until V-E day in May 1945. To say that "the war" was over after this minor fictional incident in Pepperinge Eye is inaccurate. The war itself went on, up to and including the great Allied invasion to free Europe of Nazi tyrrany which started with D-Day on June 4, 1944. While your story is a wonderful and heart-felt expression of the chlldren and Mr. Browne and Miss Price becoming a family, and Browne and Price expressing their love for each other, leaving open the possibility of them hopefully getting married before Mr. Browne marches off to join the Army (as shown in the 1971 film at the end), I believe you should revise your story to reflect historical accuracy. This is about a specific incident at Pepperinge Eye, in which Miss Price, by magic, caused inanimate armor and artifacts in a museum to come to life and bloodlessly fight off a small German raid designed to "spread fear and mischief," per Col. Heller in the film, and perhaps is a fictional suggestion as to why Hitler called off his planned invasion of Britain. (Not to mention to bravery and tenacity of Britain's Royal Air Force in fighting off Germany's blitz.)
Cara chapter 1 . 2/26/2018
Aww that was so cute! I love Mr Browne and Miss Price together! I love the love they have and the children as well! Love it completely !
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
This was one of the sweetest things I've ever read and made me smile from ear to ear. Fantastic job!
CoralPotion chapter 1 . 4/6/2015
Type my name into fanfiction- you'll find me.
I've loved bedknobs since I was a child! This awas a really good fanfic! Paul I think has to be my fave character, he's just so funny!

Really enjoyed it thanks!
I wish there was more fanfics about bedknobs and broomsticks it's a great film!
NikitaKaralis chapter 1 . 3/13/2015
Very sweet! :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Pretty good for a first story - and I LOVE your choice of writing about Emelius/Eglantine; one improvement I'd like to suggest is that the tense should stay consistent instead of having present tense ["The children have seen quite enough of romance"] mixed in with the past tense. Thanks much for this story - keep writing!
Blairx6661 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Wow, this was pretty good! I had never considered these two as a pairing but then again, I was a kid the last time I saw this movie so now I can see how it might make sense. Really looking forward to rewatching it now _
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
Oh bless I do like happy endings. So is there another chapter with a wedding?
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
I haven't seen this movie in years and I like how your story seems to give more of an expansion on their ending, since I have a vague memory about it. Nice work, and I hope you might stop by sometime to see the couple of new stories I have written.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I think is a really good story i really enjoyed i hope you finish the other one about Christmas
MJ-ISO487 chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Very good for a story which showed so much magic and all sorts.
I say its worthy of a purple heart of a novelist.
iloveromance chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
I'll apologize in advance for the 'book' I'm about to write here! Hope you don't mind! )
First of all, this is an amazing story for your first time posting on the site! I really enjoyed reading it because I watched the movie last night for the first time in years. I plan on reading your other story as soon as I can, but this is very good.
A little constructive criticism if you don't mind. This is an extremely long one-shot-the longest I've ever read, and it was a little daunting to read it all in one sitting. Personally I prefer shorter chapters because it makes it easier for me to leave reviews on each one .I try to make my chapters between 500-1000 words if possible.
That being said, I loved this tale of romance between Mr. Browne and Miss Price. I love how he continuously calls her "My Darling" and how he professed his love for her. SO romantic! You write every character so beautifully! I love how Miss Price comforted him when he was hurting about his "lack" of friends. So sweet! Thanks so much for posting this and sharing it with everyone!
kouw chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Awh all this fluffy fluffiness is adorable and sweet.
DuchessofWords chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
I've recently fallen back in love with this movie, so I'm so glad to finally find some fanfiction of it. This is beautifully written, and I love it. There seriously needs to be more fanfiction written for this movie and pairing. I hope you write more in the future!