Reviews for Dual Core
Electron97 chapter 1 . 5/23/2016
awesome. just awesome, I like the dynamic here.
Wraith Five chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
Huh. That was a good read! I think taking this further would be a good idea, having the Saix's 'mind' meet and integrate with the old team. Maybe have the Wolf and Saix learn to switch primary control or share control? Oh, don't mind me... I'm just rambling. I think this could turn into an interesting two- or three-shot!

Wraith Five
MagCat chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
This is so freaking awesome! Holy shit, I was riveted to the entire thing as I read it, and it was perfect!

I am so sorry that I've been away from the fandom for months; real life' s been a bitch and I ran into writer's block on "Father I Never Knew" (again), but this story may just act as a catalyst to start writing it again.

The way that the Saix's original core reassembled itself and attempted to take back what he considered his was just so awesome to read; it made total sense! Now that you bring it up, I can see a difference in how the Saix originally ran when first introduced and when Irvine and the Command Wolf's core took over; the Saix was a lot more fluid and took sharper turns,as his body was made for it whereas the Command Wolf had to adapt his own core to a body not designed with a wolf's natural movements in mind. It makes total sense to me that the Saix would 100% resent the presence of the Wolf (or dog, which cracked me up when I first read it) and attempt to do everything possible to rid himself of it, even if that meant running into cliff after cliff.

The way that Irvine chose to compromise with the Saix was well done and fit Irvine perfectly. Compromise through mere talking is not his style; doing it while piloting the Saix and attempting to show his Zoid how much it needs both Irvine himself and the Wolf make perfect sense. Actually, it's a lot like Fiona or even Raven would do, actions that show that they truly believe (or, Raven came to believe) that Zoids have real souls and deserve to be treated as such.

I would love to see a sequel to this where Irvine's training under the Saix begins and how it affects his battling style and place with the Guardian Force, as well as the reaction of his friends (Moonbay in particular ;P ). Dr. D's intent to catalog what's going on with Irvine, the Saix and the Wolf and Irvine's continuous attempts to get the old man to drop his inquiries would also be hilarious to see.

Keep writing!

MagCat
Chaotic Century chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
First off, this reader greatly appreciates your good spelling, syntax, grammar, etc. It helps me focus on imagining what you've written instead of trying to make sense of the mess, and it's kind of not that common around here...

Anyway, on to the actual story itself. As another reviewer noted, this was a delightfully, refreshingly original idea. I was utterly fascinated by your take on the possibilities of multiple cores/memory banks creating "split personalities." This really came off as canon straight from the anime, so I can tell that you gave this a lot of thought and weren't simply using the idea as a gimmick. The respective Zoids' personalities were very well-realized, also. It's easy to imagine the Saix being a wild, free spirit after what happened in the anime with the test pilot!

Really great work. I look forward to reading your other stories!
RougeBaron chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Awesome story. The idea of a zoid with split personality is original and very refreshing. I love it when somebody ventures into the unknown, thinks outside the box, and not just rehashes the cliche from the anime (i.e. a boy met an organoid or Ultimate-X etc etc)
CyrusFluff chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
*rifles through drawer* NOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't have the lightning saix episode. DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT! It is a good fic but I am so pissed off right now, I can't believe I don't have one of the key episodes, kill me now *dies*.
Sparx out
Requiem17 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I finally got time to read and review this, and I love it! The whole concept of the Zoids core and how they interact, and the sanity of the Lightning Saix was really in depth and awesome. The most original idea that really stood out to me was how mechanical the Zoid felt without the Saix or Wolf helping. And I thought you did a really fantastic job giving the Saix and Wolf personalities that really feel right in that world.
pointytilly chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Yesyesyesyes.

I have a narrative Thing for two minds having to negotiate sharing a body thanks to FMA, and I never even thought of this or what happened to the Saix's mind—this is far more interesting than how canon just forgot the Saix mid-show upgrade style. Totally borrowing it as headcanon, if you don't mind.
Drewbie chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
That kind of makes me wonder if a core can regenerate?
Think about the possible output of dual cores, it would probably be on par with an ultimate X. Especially if the dog and cat can get along.
M.Avercroft chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
For the record..this was awesome! Go you! :) Seriously. there isn't much zoids fanfiction out there, and most of it isn't persay very well done. But this was interesting and well written. nice work!