Reviews for Mother and Daughter
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
He does say the Nissi fought alongside the men. But he was also writing for his time and it wasn't really his style. He was more comfortable writing boys and he probably would have been shot by his publishers for writing too strong a woman.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was just awesome and
solindiges chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Got no real con-crit for this one - I just wanted to let you know that I've read this piece about a dozen times now and I plan to re-read it a lot in the future.

Bloody well done.

Cheers!
Under.a.floorboard.world chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Wow. You are such an amazing writer. I loved how you combined humour with a somehow very believeable version of what could have happened. It just fits perfectly into the canon though it says exactly the opposite in a way. I've always been annoyed by the unnamed wives and male-dominition ( which I found very, very strange in the case of the Eldar, since Tolkien mentioned them being equal in L&C. ) Ad you just turned the tables on it! :D
Gil Shalos1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
From someone who shares your frustration , a heart 'well done' - a very clever, very enjoyable read - with a hint of the angst that would ensue if your AU interpretation were cannon.
nonia chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
That's hilarious! I loved it! And the end really explains why El prefers Arwen to her brothers...
Avelera chapter 1 . 10/21/2004
Forgive you? I think Tolkien should CONGRATULATE you! Despite being a parody this is the clearest interpretation of the Silmarillion lineage I have EVER seen. It makes so much sense! I totally subscribe to it, if anyone asks about Gil-Galad's lineage your fic is what I'm going to site! (I've already done so on 2 occasions, by the way)
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
I'm still laughing at your pure genius, but this manages to keep a beautiful serious side too, with the descriptions of Thangorodrim and Sirion.
Pregnant Elrond? Scary. I would be screaming, if I could stop laughing . . . a very amusing, moving, disturbing and fascinating tale. I don't often find all those things combined.
wellduh chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
...what?
Blume chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
I just LOVE this story!
I think I've read it like...six, seven times! D it's so good! you know it brings som many plots adn ideas... If Maedhros had been born girl. If mpreg existed... about slash... who's the father of Gil Galad! so many ideas together! _!
THNAKS!
Jaded Scorpio chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
I loved this! I too lament the lack of great ladies and the all too often-anonymous wives of Tolkien's universe. Somehow, I think the Feanorians work better as women. This was a really cool idea, and this is going on my Fav Stories list.

Jade
Beatrisu chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
Well... This was slightly... confusing... But you know, in the history of middle earth it is said that Orodreth s the father of Gil-Galad, so keep on writing that fansy slash about Maedhros and Fingon, I think it's really cool!
Cygna-hime chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
Well, it's comforting to see I'm not the only one who's in a fit because nobody ever names Gil-galad's mother-I mean, they never even mention that(if) Fingon married. And honestly, finding out his mother's name can't be *that* difficult. I like your conclusion-oid-product, but I think I'll think of my own.

*glomps all and sundry* Because everyone knows red-haired women are ultimately powerful! *nods* *is biased*

Well, good job. Ja!
Nol chapter 1 . 8/30/2003
Sigh. I have to thank Ithilwen for redirecting me to this after I mentioned it on the HA list as one of those fics that had me too amused to be outraged. I see the point you're trying to make, Deborah, about wives and women and all that - but frankly, I'm just laughing too much to care. And this despite my professed blind adoration for the (to my narrow mind) all-too-male form of Maedhros.

Now I have to go away and dunk my head somewhere to be rid of the image of the stately red-head and her hen-pecked half-husband.
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
I understand your idea. well, at least I understand this lot better than for example 's customizable URL function...

Silmarillion parody is the best thing ever happened to this site! *proud smile*