Reviews for Son of the Sea God
paytonc96 chapter 17 . 7/31
I'm really enjoying this book. I love how you're letting us see how percy is being raised and letting us feel Percys emotions. Keep up the great job!
MrsFiddlesticks chapter 17 . 7/31
WOW This story is amazing! Just read through the whole thing btw. I love it! I am ITCHING to know what happens next. You write very well, just like a pro!
KissKickKillMe chapter 1 . 7/31
I started this fic yesterday, and stayed up until 2am to finsh it, I'm so in love with it!
Seriously, no pressure, but I just want to express how I'd be thrilled if you'd decide to continue with it one day!
You are an amazing story teller 3
Gloom Doom Girl chapter 17 . 7/29
This is so cute! I started and finished it in the span of one day! It will sound terrible of me because Sally would have had to die but I almost wish that Percy had grown up with Poseidon. This is so well written and I hope you plan on continuing it but as you've stated before, you post because you want to. I really, really enjoyed this story!
Smiley101 chapter 17 . 7/27
This is really very saddening to see. What's happened?
DreamBig0105 chapter 17 . 7/27
age this is so good! Update soon?
I'maMerlwholockianPsycho chapter 17 . 7/26
I love how this Percy speaks, it is formal enough to set him apart from his cannon self as well as the surface dwellers but it still has an undertone of childishness to it.
Kleith25atCabin9 chapter 2 . 7/26
*holding a half-eaten cookie* Awww baby Percy is so cute! And how Posiedon's love for Sally and their child is really, I cant find the word. Heart breaking because she died? Cute?
Copy an paste chapter 16 . 7/25
Login Sign UpFanFiction unleash your imagination
Browse Just In Community Forum Betas Story
BooksPercy Jackson and the Olympians
Follow/FavSon of the Sea God
By: Sassenach082
Zeus kills Sally Jackson with his master bolt when Percy is six months old, drastically changing Percy's life and the course of his future. AU.
Rated: Fiction K - English - Poseidon, Percy J., Amphitrite, Triton - Chapters: 17 - Words: 52,909 - Reviews: 3,226 - Favs: 5,199 - Follows: 5,645 - Updated: May 9, 2014 - Published: Nov 18, 2012 - id: 8711868
Prev Next
A/N: Sorry for the long wait everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and a good break from school. I was drowning in family and schoolwork, and updates will probably be slow in coming because I am a junior taking twenty credits. That being said I loved writing this chapter. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: It all belongs to Riordan, folks. Please don't sue I'm poor enough as it is.

Chapter Sixteen
The Moody Prince

The training grounds were filled with the slightly muffled but steady thump thump thwack of a sword connecting with a practice dummy.

"Easy, Percy. The dummy only has so much stuffing you know," Bill said mildly as he swished his tails and watched the young prince wailing on the dummy who was spilling seaweed out its stomach, head, and both arms.

Percy's face was bright red from exertion, his hair swishing wildly in the sea currents. He had abandoned his usual layer of dryness in favor of submerging completely and with each practiced swing of his arm he grit his teeth in a look that was far fiercer than any that belonged on a boy his age.

He let the sword fall to his side, his chest heaving from the effort of his practice. Shoulders hunched downwards, he turned slightly to glare halfheartedly at Bill. "I can refill the stuffing," he snapped, and with a grunt of effort, went back to attacking the dummy with everything he had.

Bill watched him for a long moment, chewing on his bottom lip as Percy's swings became erratic.

"She is your mother, you know," he said after a very long silence filled only with the thumping of wood on the seaweed filled dummy.

Percy froze, hand gripping the pommel so hard his knuckles were white.

"All those mermen, your sister, everyone and everything who has told you that Amphitrite is not your mother? They are wrong," Bill insisted calmly.

The prince said nothing, just stared at his sword in silence. Bill nodded to himself, reached over to squeeze the boy's shoulder and was rewarded by Percy's entire body relaxing like his strings had been cut.

"They keep telling me she is not my mother by blood," he said quietly, as if it was something too fragile to trust to prying ears. Bill was honored that Percy trusted him enough to tell him this. "She is my mother, Bill, in every way that matters. I honor Sally Jackson as the woman who carried and gave birth to me, but she is not my mama, Amphitrite is."

"I know," Bill said serenely, swishing his tails. "Ignore them, Percy. Eventually they will find something else to gossip about, such as your sister's continued imprisonment in the dungeons."

Percy's lips twitched slightly at that, even though he knew it was callous and unprincely to find amusement in his half-sister's predicament. Considering all she had put him through, he was perfectly content to never see her face again, and every time she was mentioned in polite company Triton usually referred to her as a sea cow and requested her name not be mentioned again in his earshot.

"Papa's temper has not budged in the slightest in that regard," he told the merboy with a grin. "If he has his way she will still be imprisoned there during the next Ice Age."

Bill's lips curled into a grin at the mental image. "No great loss to our society," he snorted as a juvenile great white swam by them, nuzzling into Percy's armored chest affectionately as the boy grinned in amusement both from his sarcasm and the shark's enthusiasm. He watched the prince pet the creature's head gently, murmur a few words to it before it lazily swam away again.

"When I get to the surface world for Camp Half Blood, they will think me weird," he announced to no one in particular, watching the young great white swim between stalks of seaweed swaying in the gentle currents, scattering a school of tuna as he went.

"I have a feeling they would still think you weird, even if you had been raise don the surface," Bill snarked.

Percy made an indignant noise, the practice dummy forgotten as he threw the sword at Bill, who dodged easily, and then proceeded to chase him halfway across Atlantis.

Amphitrite raised her eyebrows when dinner was served and her mashed sea prunes were died blue. She turned a silent look to Poseidon, who looked just as baffled, before they both looked at Percy who was beaming.

"She actually did it," he said happily before digging in. "I wonder if she is making me blue cookies, too," he said around a mouthful of food.

"A prince chews with his mouth closed," Amphitrite reminded him mildly.

Percy snapped his mouth shut and chewed theatrically while Triton snorted into his dinner and Poseidon visibly tried not to laugh at the current stare-down happening between his wife and youngest son.

"He gets this from you," the queen informed Poseidon dryly before taking a tentative bite and finding that it tasted no different. Why it was dyed blue was rather beyond her, but if Percy had requested it she could avoid complaining.

"And apple tarts," Percy piped up now that he had swallowed his mouthful of food. "I asked her to make the apple tarts blue. I like blue."

"We noticed," Triton informed him, taking in his little brother's blue shirt and dark blue shorts. He'd always liked blue, though, so this was no exception.

The youngest prince fell silent after that, far too occupied stuffing his face with food and half-listening to the whispered conversations of the fish outside the palace. They gossiped about him a lot these days, probably because nothing exciting had happened in a while now.

Poseidon smiled to himself, because he knew Percy had remembered when he told his son that Sally had loved to make food blue. Maybe this was his own way of being slightly defiant, of accepting that he had two mothers even though only one was still living. It was a far better reaction than he could have hoped for, so he just quietly ate his mostly blue food and didn't even complain when dessert came and everything offered was varying shades of the color.

Amphitrite's expression twitched but she said nothing, biting back her amusement as Percy dove for the apple tarts like they were the answer to all the questions in the universe.

"Blue food," Triton mused as he stole a few tarts before Percy could eat them all—the kid had the metabolism of a blue whale, it was ridiculous. "You are so weird," he informed his younger sibling, reaching across the table to flick him on his forehead.

"Hey!" Percy protested around a mouthful of apple tart, pinching Triton's forearm in retaliation.

As per usual this resulted in the two squabbling like a couple of newborn seagulls. Amphitrite merely sighed and resigned herself to her fate as she watched her so-called grown son acting like a child, rubbing her temples idly while her husband watched the action unfolding with a slight grin and well-aimed jab of water from his trident. Next thing she knew the three of them were fighting, wrestling around on the ground of their dining room like common peasants, and when Elith came to collect their plates she was grinning at the three dark-haired men rolling around on the sandy floor like children, their laughter echoing through the palace and sending a feeling of intense contentment to sea life for miles around.

It was no surprise to Amphitrite that a smile had already stretched across her own face in response.

Percy was eight and had finally settled down again now that everyone has ceased bringing up his family tree at every opportunity. This may have had something to do with the fact that Percy had accidentally changed the path of the Indian Ocean currents and caused a minor emergency on the Great Barrier Reef (that he still apologized profusely for), but Poseidon could hardly think of the incident without bursting into raucous laughter.

No one had been hurt and his son's complete mortification about causing such a ruckus was still amusing two months later. The great whites and tiger sharks were still a little wary of him but had gotten over it for the most part, since only their pride had been stung in the ruckus, while the whales thought the whole thing was hilarious and had spread the story all the way across the ocean in less than a day, much to Percy's chagrin.

Alas, it was the solstice time again. Darkness stirred on the edge of his consciousness and he felt satisfaction rise in him because Triton now owed him two days in conference with the mermen, because Hades had shown up just like he'd known he would.

Poseidon grasped his trident tightly and fought the urge to grin at his brother. "Are you going to make this a habit on every solstice?" he wondered curiously, watching as Hades entered his throne room, again wearing plain black clothing and not his soul robes.

Hades sniffed disdainfully and gave him a dirty look. "And if I do?" he challenged.

He simply shrugged and settled his trident beside his throne. "You are fond of him, are you not?" he wondered, grinning impishly.

"Of course not," Hades said haughtily, tipping his nose up in the air. "He is a demigod."

"I heard you cursing me all the way to the Underworld that winter solstice, brother."

"You did not, I was doing it silently." Hades blinked and then glared at his brother with a muttered, "Blast it…"

"Gotcha," Poseidon grinned with a rich chuckle, slapping his palm on his thigh. "I do have to admit, though, I now understand why you dislike attending the winter solstice. I always have a
Donut chapter 12 . 7/25
I LIKE DONUTS IN CARAMEL
Pleaseee update! It's so good!
ladymarvel87 chapter 17 . 7/23
Hey love your story! I am also a college kid so umi understand the lack of time to write. I hope you do plan to update soon, I am anxious to see what happens next!
Chelley chapter 17 . 7/21
I'm crying cause this story is amazing and I soooooo can't wait for more, but I also understand that sometimes real life gets in the way, especially when you're in college (I myself am going into my junior year). I just hope that your muse decides to pop back into action and inspire you to write some more. *cries* this story is awesome and we technically haven't even gotten anywhere yet, he's still only 8! Please please pleaseeeeee update this soon
chelley chapter 8 . 7/21
Sooooo fluffyyy, I love it!
Chelley chapter 3 . 7/21
lol dawwwww that bromance!
3,235 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »