Reviews for The Consequences of Resilience
XionTheBlackRose chapter 9 . 3/24
This story is too powerful for words. I loved and hated this story. I've never had a story make me cry on every chapter. Great writing, a great everything is this.
XionTheBlackRose chapter 8 . 3/24
I hate that Roxas almost died at Hayner's hand. I'm just glad it's going to stop. I can't wait for the last chapter, a great ending to a great story.

XionTheBlackRose chapter 6 . 3/24
Hayner is a horrible person. I hate him and how he treats Roxas.
XionTheBlackRose chapter 5 . 3/24
I like Axel's interactions here, he's caring and he is what Roxas deserves. I have to know more, haha. Until next time,

XionTheBlackRose chapter 4 . 3/24
A nice introduction to Hayner's meet with Roxas. Still hating how you're writing Hayner, but it's amazing and powerful and it makes me hate him. Love this story so much, it really makes me feel. Until next time,

XionTheBlackRose chapter 3 . 3/24
I like Sora and Riku's interaction, because that is what love is supposed to be like, not what Roxas and Hayner have. I liked that Sora got mad at the bruises. Roxas needs serious help, and to be far, far away from Hayner at all times. Another great chapter, I can't stop reading. Until next time,

XionTheBlackRose chapter 2 . 3/24
I can't say I've ever liked Hayner as a character, but the darkness about him in this story is nerve wracking. I was worried Roxas would have to spend the night outside. At least nothing bad happened.. Yet. Looking forward to the next one.

XionTheBlackRose chapter 1 . 3/24
Let me just start by saying this chapter has me speechless, which is hard to do. The dynamic between Roxas and Axel was amazing, something I hadn't seen done in quite a great way. The subtle implements on Roxas's situation were heartbreaking and it wasn't even that descriptive. This chapter made me tear up a little, and nothing even really happened. It's a great first chapter, and I look forward to reading the rest. Until next time,

RoxanneTheGreat chapter 9 . 6/6/2014
I would had love to see Axel's POV throughout this..,
inactiveNAU chapter 9 . 9/21/2013
Incredibly late review but oh well. You might not see it but maybe you'll login and check your email and see you got a new one? Oh well. I just wanted to say that I love this story, especially the way your wrote/had Roxas' POV set up. It'd be amazing if you had a sequel to this or something.
chitty gen11 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
wow this is a really great story, hope that you are planning to post more soon
GaLa-Mist.Unknown chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Although the scene is all serious and all, it still has humor to it which is good. I like this so far, good job!
Sunriseonmymind chapter 9 . 1/16/2013
Okay, I don't normally go to the trouble of reviewing stories, but I also normally don't read such amazing stories with such a heartbreaking lack of reviews. Seriously, this was wonderful. You handled the theme so well, and the bits of humor and fluff throughout the first few chapters made the realization of just how bad Roxas's situation is all the more startling and agonizing. Whereas most authors dealing with abuse overload their stories with cliches and ANGST (as opposed to regular old angst; I'm sure you know what I mean), you handled the theme with all the solemnity that it deserves, AND you did artfully! I personally loved Roxas's constant inner monologue, and you made some great stylistic choices in order to properly portray his psyche. You struck an absolutely perfect balance between Roxas being entirely in denial and Roxas being aware of the relationship being not right. Your dialogue was probably some of the best I've seen in this genre, and you definitely made the right choice of not having your characters discuss the situation any more explicitly than they did; it kept it from feeling cheap, or overthought, or unrealistic. Also, the ending was at exactly the right moment. So many authors fall in love with their stories and characters so thoroughly that they'll reach the conclusion of all the major plot points and then drag the story on unnecessarily, which really hurts them. It was obvious that you had a plan and you stuck to it, and that's definitely something that I love in an author.

I do just have two tiny little critiques. First off, plot wise, I don't feel like the idea that Roxas started dating Hayner because he was jealous of Demyx, who as far as I could tell from the story, did little besides give Axel his number, was quite as solid as it could have been. It's close enough that it really didn't detract from the piece overall, and I understand that the style of Roxas's inner monologue really restrained him and how much he revealed about his motivations and history, but it just seemed a little weak. Second, there were more than a few times where it took me a few moments to figure out who was saying what. Your dialogue is pretty stripped of "he said's" and the like, and while I typically prefer when the dialogue flows with as little interruption as possible, sometimes I would be halfway through a conversation and realize that I had the speakers backward. Since otherwise your story had me totally captivated and invested in the characters, having to backtrack half a page or so and reread was all the more frustrating.

Wow, okay, this review has turned into a monster, so let me wrap it up by saying that I really did love this story, and I would love to read more from you.
J3SA chapter 9 . 1/7/2013
I just finished reading the story. It was written amazingly. I could feel the emotion in the words you wrote. Not many people can write about situations like the one you have written about and make it a masterpiece. You've just done it.
Xoxoroxas chapter 9 . 1/2/2013