Reviews for Amazing Grace
Minerva1986 chapter 15 . 3/15/2013
I am really happy to finally get a new chapter of this story, and thrilled to hear you already finished it, although I do hope there are still quite a few chapters to come! I enjoy the story too much for it to be over just yet.
The last chapter was really good, it is interesting to see how Wiress analyses her situation constantly and is eager to *please* the gamemakers. Lots of FFs just *copy* Katniss's way of shaping her own games, although I always thought she was more of an exception.
I like how Wiress is special and yet isn't in your story and I look forward to see the traps and schemes put in place for her to win the games!
nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 15 . 3/15/2013
...This ISN'T the last chapter, right? As in, you're going to continue this, right? This was such a wonderful chapter, but the Games haven't ended, so when you say you've finished the story, surely you mean you've ALMOST finised the story...right?

And are you going to do a sequel after? I would enjoy that. :) Keep writing!

mintjellyfish chapter 14 . 3/2/2013
So I found your story as I was interested in writing a Wiress fanfic myself. After reading what you have so far, I must say that anything I come up with won't be able to compare to Amazing Grace.

There are so many things about this story that is impressive. From the way you capture Wiress's thoughts and emotions to the way you build the world around her. Carmenius is aggravating. Cupros is the bitter drunk. Dido is the self-absorbed fashionista. Beetee is the shy Victor haunted by his Games. Stuvek is just trying to get by. Every character you introduce is believable and interesting in their own way. Things I really enjoyed:

-The fact that Wiress has many family members. In other fanfics, they always depict her as with few family and/or distant to them
-The early signs of her habits of spacing out
-How last year's winner (Denissa was her name?) has influenced this year's Games
-How she shows Stuvek enough comfort to placate him but intelligently not align with him
-She was semi-forced to know the names of her fellow tributes
-Beetee's apprehension to physical affection
-When Dido told Carmenius off. The fact that a Capitol citizen said that is applaudable. She gained a lot of respect from me after that
-That Stuvek died so early on. We'd expect him to live and somehow meet Wiress in the Arena, but you took the daring route and killed him off the first day. I was shocked by that and had to read that line twice to believe it

Things I found confusing/concerning:

-Is there a reason why District Three residents have those kinds of names? I feel like 'Wiress' and 'Beetee' don't fit in with 'Cupros', 'Stuvek', or 'Malcon'
-Why is Malcon so attached to Balia? I understand she helped in his birth, but is there a specific reason he is so devoted to only her?
-I had trouble imagining some of the Arena scenes, but that's just me having a faulty imagination. Besides, it's a maze and the Games just started. I think we're supposed to be confused.

Fantastic story! I will be reading.
nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 14 . 2/26/2013
A new Epic Rap Battle of History AND updates from two of my favorite stories? That's the bomb-diggity! :D

I really enjoyed this chapter, as always, and can't wait for Chapter 15!

SassyRedhead chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Amazing chapter, the actual Games can be difficult to write, but this is honestly some of the best I've read. Very excited to keep reading!
nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Hurray, we're finally in the arena! Wiress probably isn't too happy about this for obvious reasons, but oh, well. I am. :) Updates of the story always make me happy!

First...oh, man, I didn't expect Stuvek to die so soon. I thought he would end up allied with Wiress or something, despite Wiress not wanting to have allies, but...damn. I actually had to walk away from my laptop for a moment and let it sink in that Stuvek was dead. That's the sign of an amazing story - when it affects readers so deeply that they actually FEEL the deaths of the characters. Kudos to you for making heartless me actually feel something today!

Second, kudos to WIRESS for her find at the Cornucopia! I never would have thought that way - I would've turned and ran, and with my lousy memory, I wouldn't be able to remember the maze the way she's able to. Of course, I'd probably trip over my own starting plate and break my neck and die that way...oh, well. Enough about my problems. And the trick with the metal bar was fascinating! Again, I never would have thought of that.

All in all, this chapter was just as wonderful as the others. :) I hope to see an update in the near future, as I have serious writer's block and have nothing better to do. Ugh...I have no life...

Minerva1986 chapter 12 . 2/14/2013
Hi there :) I absolutely love your story. Never was very interested in Wiress before, but now I can't wait for the next chapters! Great writing and interesting story-telling, not what you usually read in terms of Hunger Games FFs, one of the best HG FFs I have seen so far! Carry on the fantastic work :)
nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 12 . 2/14/2013
Hurray, an update! :) And oh, you are BRILLIANT! A maze! I never would have thought of that! I can't wait to see how Wiress does! Update soon, please!

NutsandVolts chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
*gasps* More updates? Hurray! I have no doubt that all succeeding chapters will be as wonderful as this one and I hope dearly that your next update is SOON! :D

nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
Another wonderful chapter! But while I was reading that Beetee was in debt to Heavensbee, for a moment, I got a disgusted face and nearly vomited until I read that he WASN'T repaying the way Finnick did.

Update soon!

nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 9 . 1/26/2013
As always, another brilliant chapter-I look forward to an update!

Zelda12343 chapter 8 . 1/21/2013
This is wonderful! I can hardly wait to read more!
nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 8 . 1/18/2013
As usual, this was a BRILLIANT chapter! However, I do have one comment. The phrase "former victors" is incorrect; the word "former" implies that they are no longer victors when they indeed are. But other than that, great job! And I loved the names of the tributes.

KTstoriesandstuff chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
Yet another great chapter! Oooo, the Careers are not getting along... no good for them, but good for the underdogs - er - undertributes? Anyway, great little scene showing the dynamics!
nutsandvoltsdeactivated chapter 7 . 1/13/2013
This update was a great way to start off my morning. :) This was a very good chapter; Wiress weasling information about the arena from the instructor was clever! I never would have thought of that; at first, I thought she was just playing dumb.

I enjoyed Wiress's loneliness about not being able to sit and make friends, and the Career pack's banter was realistic indeed. I love this chapter and I'm excited as always for a new one!

59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »