Reviews for Critical Hour
Julie chapter 20 . 3/30
Love it! Please write sequel!
Julie chapter 15 . 3/30
Jones said a broken collar bone and 2 cracked ribs, then El says no broken bones.
Valkyrie Of The Dead chapter 20 . 12/11/2020
I wrote this on another story of yours as well - I loved am astounded by how much I like your story. I didn't have the best day yesterday, and I was tired, and I didn't really want to start a long story - and then I did and I was instantly pulled in and enjoyed it a lot!
Happy reader70 chapter 20 . 9/23/2019
Just presented myself reading once more this story of yours, just truly great! And the conversations in Neal’s hospital room (Hughes, amazing Diana -Neal, smart and sweet June - Neal.. not to mention Neal being so very Neal with peter and el...) wow, just wow!
Standing ovation for your Daryl too, always safe to trust you with wonderful original characters!
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 20 . 3/27/2019
This was incredible! Your writing really made this story come to life. I felt like I was living it with them. This is some of the best writing I've seen, and also the most suspenseful! I was chewing on my nails the whole time. This was amazing! Thank you!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/23/2019
Story could never be long enough. Please do a sequel. I would like to see the partner show up and be a real sicko. Like taking pictures of Neal while he's asleep and sending them to Peter type if thing.
bahrfamily chapter 20 . 12/2/2018
Whew. I thought, at 20 chapters, this was going to be a nice little quick read. It was NOT what I expected. It was downright painful. And will stick with me for a long time. And at times I found myself wondering if you have a degree in psychology. Or sadism. And when Peter had his dream, I couldn't BELIEVE you did that to us. I kept thinking, it can't go on any more, can it? It HAS to end. PLEASE let it end. I can't take any more.

That all being said...what an amazing author you are. To write something that so completely pulls people in and lets them feel the horror of it - and horror is NOT something I like or look for. This truly was horrible to read, and so amazingly written. And you so amazingly captured Neal and Peter and their relationship and their banter and their attitudes. Well done. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
rosayago65 chapter 20 . 9/18/2018
Beautiful, wanderful story. Thank you for sharing, you're an amazing writer.
I hope you keep writing more WC stories. I love every one of your stories.
Gerhuvn chapter 6 . 7/26/2018
Good God, this story is amazing! I keep holding my breath while I read it! Really curious to read the rest, so thriller this is a complete story!
Just one thing I wonder, if Peter is cuffed with his own handcuffs , doesn't he have the keys on him then? Or did the bad guy take them from him?
Rookblonkorules chapter 20 . 12/18/2017
That was truly amazing! Ii loved your characterizations!
Guest chapter 9 . 1/8/2017
Hi there! Already read this story of yours (and didn't review, sorry for that) and now I'm going for a second round.. and I have to tell you how much endearing is this Darryl OC of yours and how amusing (notwithstanding the angst of the situation) the phone conversation between him and Diana. Brilliant!
Black Friar chapter 20 . 11/23/2016
This is spectacular. I'm new to the White Collar fandom as I've only just discovered the show, but this is easily my favourite fanfiction. You write so well, create fantastic drama and tension, your characterization is spot on and I love the banter between PEter and Neal. Awesome, awesome job.
Revhead chapter 20 . 10/14/2016
You know it's a good story when you stay up til 1:30am to finish it! I seriously loved this. It is everything I could have wanted in a White Collar fic. You kept me anxious and on the edge of my seat the whole time (man, after all the pain they went through to escape I was so *so* scared you were gonna have one or both of them taken anyway - those dreams were very cruel, you know!) But the whump was written amazingly and I loved seeing Neal's strength as well as Peter's angst, and the friendship between them was just perfect. Thank you for this.
PastOneonta chapter 20 . 7/25/2016
This was really very good. The entire plot was amazing in its detail and thoroughness. Regal as a character that you completely created was outstanding. He was evil and beyond evil, I don't have the words for how awful he was. There were several points where I had to stop and take a break because I was so disturbed by Regal's behavior and what he was saying. I was very worried for Neal and Peter throughout. I loved Darryl who was a welcome rescuer. I panicked again as Regal woke up and wondered where the heck was the FBI. The hospital scenes were excellent as Peter reunited with Elizabeth and with Neal. The nightmares were horrific all over again.

The heart of the story, the relationship between Neal and Peter, brilliantly, thoughtfully portrayed. They felt like equals, peers, contemporaries in spite of the cop/criminal element. They clearly cared for one another greatly. Thanks for writing, for finishing and for leaving posted for new readers.
Book girl fan chapter 20 . 6/18/2016
You should write horror movies. Seriously, you carried the suspense in this so well, and gave just the right amount of comfort after the hurt instead of cutting out as soon as they were saved. The whole time, I was wondering if Regal would wake, if his associates would come, if Diana would make it in time, or if everything would just go wrong.

If you had ended the chapter in the middle of Peter's nightmare, I would have believed it, because you write so well and realistically.

I especially liked El and Peter being on entirely the same wavelength, right up to distracting the other with a phone call so they could talk to Neal. Brilliant stroke, that one, and you pulled it off so well, as well as Neal being unwillingly caught in the middle, but trying to do what's best for both.

The banter was also spot on, and the genuine affection on all sides. I loved how much June obviously cares for Neal, and that it is reciprocated in equal measure. I also liked how Neal cared that he ruined one of Byron's suits, and what that must mean to June, even if, from her perspective, they're more Neal's suits now.

In short, there are very few stories, of any fandom, that I have read and enjoyed as much as this one.