Reviews for Don't Jump, Not Today
Redlam FOUND IT chapter 1 . 2/14
I've been studying Gilligan's character, you could say, and I haven't found any kind of a dark side/spot to him, but this kind of works as that bit.

SUCH SADNESS GAAAAAHHH

I wouldn't have the heart to write a story like this, just saying. But nice job on writing it. :3 Poor Gilligan... D:
Aww! This was very good! :) They were so in character and I could totally picture the skipper and Gilligan the whole time! So sad but nice!

The only thing that bothered me was the lack of quotation marks though... Other than that, I really liked it! )
Rotary Dial Writer chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Great story! Poor Gilligan...where would the castaways (and for that matter, we VIEWERS) be without him? I love that this is in the present tense- it's the perfect way to convey the immediacy of the situation.

The Skipper's right- we have to hang in there. I know I've felt like not going on, but then something beautiful would happen and make it all seem worth it. Like is sung in "The Poseidon Adventure": "There's got to be a morning after, if we can hold on through the night..."
ChocolateChipCookie26 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Awwww, that was so sweet! :) I could actually see Gilligan having those thoughts, and Skipper helping him out. I love their friendship, and really liked this fic.
FlamyAngelwings chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Good story, but could you please use quotation marks?
Li'l Milk Glass Chicky chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I sympathize and empathize so very much with this one. I got so swept up in Gilligan's melancholy though, that when it got to the middle there...

- I'm not trying to make you feel worse. I'm trying to get you to see the severity of the situation.

Gilligan scrunches up his face. The what of the who? -

...with that classic Gilligan's Island humor coming back to life, the biggest smile popped right back onto my face, and remained so for the remainder of the story.

On another note, I wonder what Gilligan would make of the word 'melancholy'? :P

I hope things are better for you. Things are definitely worth hanging on for, your works here are surely some proof of that. ;)
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Seeing Gilligan’s pain spelled out like that – it’s heartrending. But Skipper is there, trying like hell to make Gilligan realize how much he really is loved. I love Skipper’s reasoning – you don’t know what’s around the next corner. Tomorrow is another day and anything could happen.

I’m glad that Gilligan told Skipper how he was really feeling. He seems to have worked things out. I sure hope he doesn’t have that dream any more :/

As always, your stories are so well-written and every detail is perfect. Nothing makes my day like a new Teobi story. Here’s to many more * clink* (okay – that was me clinking your glass ;)
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This was an excellent story! I can entirely see Gilligan thinking thoughts like that when he feels so inadequate. But the Skipper is so right: they'd all be pretty much dead without him.

The girls were crying at the mere IDEA of him dying in "Gilligan Gets Bugged". So of course if he actually DID die...I shudder to think. I doubt Mary Ann would ever make a coconut cream pie again.

The Howells really loved him as if he were their son. It would just break their hearts.

The Professor, despite all the times that Gilligan made him spill things while he was doing some fascinating experiment, would really miss him. Gilligan really had quite a mind, and came up with many great ideas that, while the Skipper may have deemed as "stupid", the Professor really likes. And I think he might even MISS Gilligan interrupting his experiments.

And the Skipper, well, he'd just never forgive himself.

Again, this was a very well-written and VERY realistic story. Thank you.
SpiritAnime chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
good story.
JWood201 chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Of course they're worth hanging on for, even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it. Been there.

As you said, this was a very different, darker type of story, but I can see someone sensitive like Gilligan feeling this way when things get particularly dark and prickly. These feelings and dreams are terrifying, but also seem like they hold some final answer, but guess what? They don't, they just complicate matters and devastate people, and he does realize that. The Skipper's gentle yet firm words (if that makes sense) were just what he needed to hear to make him realize that they do love him and they want the best for him.

He's unique and they love him. Everyone is unique and is loved by others, whether they think so all the time or not. Everyone needs a little encouragement once in a while, G Man is no exception and it's great that his Big Buddy has just the words to help him.

A heart wrenching serious side of our boy. Thank you, Teebs. 3
Sideshow Cellophane 26 chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Yes. I actually just finished a story (Life) with this same question in mind, and I came up with this Broadway quote: "I'll top the bill/ I'll earn the kill/ I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the, on with the show.” You're never alone, no matter what. Keep moving forward!

"The heat of the sun pulls him into the depths of the sky and the air transforms around him as he begins to tumble, no longer sure which way is up, which way is down. Just a sudden whirl of everything, the sound of space and time closing in, wrapping him in dark arms, bringing him home."

- NO! NOT OUR G-MAN!

"He awakes with a jolt and a yell and the hammock lurches so violently it tips him out onto the floor."

- Oh thank GOD!

"See, this is what we'd all miss if you were gone. You're unique, Gilligan. You're unique, and we love you, and life without you would be awful."

- There's always somebody out there, or many others, who think the same thing. Not just about Gilligan, but about their loved ones. Though I certainly feel that way about Gilligan!

I really like the fact that you chose the Skipper for Gilligan's fatherly figure. They're just so close in that certain way, you'd expect both to turn to each other at times like these. :) And, as usual, nothing that I don't like. Aside from that horrible nightmare . . . *shudder* Remember your Skipper in hard times, he/she will never bail out on you.

Good luck!
Sideshow
Cristy chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Very unsettling, to say the least, to see anyone in such distress. You've illustrated very realistically (scary realistic!) the extent to which feelings can overwhelm and leave a person feeling as if they're on their own with no chance of the situation getting better. Seems like in Gilligan's case, support is the key - just talking it out with the skipper has done him a world of good, and it looks like he's on the road to recovery. So happy to see that. Just goes to show, nothing stays the same.

I'm glad you chose the skipper as his confidant. Yeah, the professor probably could have helped him somewhat, and MA would be no doubt sympathetic beyond belief, but it's mainly the skipper, the one he looks up to, that has to rectify this awful situation and restore his well-being. IMHO, he did just that in the best way possible, gently but emphatically reassuring Gilligan and promising to curb his objectionable behaviour. Well done, skipper!

A rather dark journey indeed, teebs...
Ell Aitch chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Poor Gilligan. I think we all have those feelings every now and then, especially when things don't seem to get better no matter how hard we try.

But there are so many wonderful things that make Gilligan, Gilligan. His sense of humour, his kindness, his unconditional love of his friends, his willingness to help even if he knows deep down he might end up making a mess of things, his ready smile. Things that everyone would miss if he wasn't there. Even if he thinks nobody would miss him and he's only good for being hit with Skipper's hat. It's not true. He's a much loved person and nobody actually has a bad word to say about him, whether he believes that or not.

Thank you Teebs. That was such a good insight. Those feelings can affect anyone. Even the loveliest among us.

Yours in huge bear hugs that we all need from time to time
Your medium-sized buddy