Reviews for nine2five 1,9 Ins & Outs
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Carina, it would seem, is having trouble with Sarah's embracing of her own humanity, courtesy of Chuck and (in my opinion, a really quick opening up to) Hannah (I know you say Hannah is Lady Chuck and that's why Sarah likes her but I don't get it - maybe I'm too biased by canon). N-e-wayz. Onward and upward!
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
Omg like Morgan is totally the cook for Hannah Banana!
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
Ha ha. Clever twist on the episide, Carina being Rafe instead of Chuck.
anthropocene chapter 4 . 3/15/2014
Denouement very well done! I am glad that it was still Casey who made the saving shot; despite the ugliness of the canon episode, that was a great heroic moment for him. The scene with the Ring directors was intriguing. We already knew that Shaw was not going to be a destructive PLI, and it is also gratifying to know now that he's not just going to be a cipher either. You definitely gave us a far less miserable misery arc, and I'm looking forward to what comes next. Hope to finish in fewer than 7 years too! ;-)
anthropocene chapter 3 . 3/15/2014
Carina's jealous of Chuck over the name thing? That was unexpected but a funny twist.

Like you, I am no fan of the canon "Fake Name," but I did kind of like the two mob guys. And Casey's great shot...I look forward to seeing how that plays out—if it does—in your fourth chapter.
anthropocene chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
Carina gets to play Rafe this time? She's definitely better suited.
You've already shown us that Casey knows his Shakespeare...but Star Wars as well?
A Chuck quote, Sarah? I'm impressed too!
Plenty of fun in the dialogue, as always...LIke it!
resaw chapter 4 . 8/4/2013
I enjoyed the alternative version of Fake Name. Maybe I lack a critical eye, but I never got hung up on the misery arc. Even so, making Hannah the target and Carina into Gruber was an interesting element, as well as the revelation of Sarah's real name, "Sam" to someone other than Carina, resulting in Carina being, in some sense, as hurt as Chuck was in the original episode, is a touch that I felt had some genuine emotional impact. So, even though you don't necessarily find fight scenes to be your forté, I liked what you did with the Carina-Sarah relationship.
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/2/2013
You did an excellent job salvaging what you could from the episode! That was pretty clever making Carina take up the Gruber alias, I could actually picture her playing that role well.
garnetflint chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
I will admit to liking this more than the misery arc, and you have managed to make the Ring seem to be a much more effective organization than the show ever did. I would like to see more of Chuck in the action, but I expect this may come with further "glitches".
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 12/5/2012
Your suffering was not in vain. This was better than the crap the show gave us. Poor Carina is hurt that Sarah told Hannah her real name and not her. I don't consider Sam to be her real name anyway, to me she will always be Sarah. I didn't understand that stuff with the bad guys but I'm sure all will be revealed later.
Thanks for writing.
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
Hey Marc, thanks for taking one for the team with the re-watch! Your suffering is definitely our gain! My how I've fallen behind your pace on this one! I had a bit of time tonight to browse some of the other nine2five's and to reread this one. I just love this series! It's so entertaining, so charming, at times hilarious, always unpredictable! To permanently etch over the misery of canon, when you're all finished with season three, I intend to reread your whole series in one or two sittings. Thanks for tackling such a large scale project. As always, I'm looking forward to the next installment!
somedeepmystery chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
I sympathize with your pain on the rewatch. This was a great chapter. I felt bad for Carina but dang woman, bad timing. And Casey still gets his awesome shot. :)
jinxed97 chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
Good story. Would be nice to see you continue this arc.
jinxed97 chapter 3 . 12/2/2012