Reviews for Breaking Point
thingsthatmakeme chapter 3 . 2/21/2015
Wonderful story! I think this is REALLY true to each of their characters - an impressive feat! Really well done :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
Great story. It covers a very possible part of Harry, that es not really mentioned in the original HP-books. Why won't you write more of this?
wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 11/7/2014
I cannot understand how Snape can blithely walk through the streets of Little Whinging in full wizard regalia; no cars driving past, no one walking the streets, no one looking out their windows. Whatever happened to the Statute of Secrecy?

I liked the talk between Harry and Severus, but I am so sick of reading about how so many from Slytherin come from abusive households. Why should this be so? Why are more Slytherin students abused? You can't have it both ways...if not all Slytherins turn dark, why can't they come from 'normal' families who love their children. And where does it say that even Dark wizards cannot love their own children. I am sure there is nothing in canon that suggests that Draco comes from an abusive household.

Lucius appears strict when he and Draco are in Borgin and Burkes, but Draco isn't frightened and goes on to touch things when Lucius tells him to 'touch nothing'. He is also quite comfortable whinging to his father, so seemingly he is not frightened of the man. So much Fanfiction ignores canon so that it can make Snape and Draco the good guys and Harry and Dumbledore the bad guys.

Go figure. Yes, Severus didn't have an ideal childhood (though why do we assume his mother was cold and abusive too) and he was bullies at school by The Marauders (and no doubt others) but I refuse to believe he lay back and thought of England while said bullying went on. I am sure, as he was so interested in the Dark Arts that he utilised said Dark Arts to get hexes and curses of his own in. After all, it was Severus who developed Sectumsempra.

Anyway, enough said.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
There is one thing in this first chapter that really began to annoy me to the point of being unable to appreciate the rest of the plot. It happens so often in other works too and it just boggles my mind.

You kept on referring to the 'floor' in the park. Harry was sprawled on the floor, his head drooped to the floor, the cans of beer rested on the floor, etc. surely that should be the 'ground'?

Floors are man-made and are generally inside buildings, or at least, under a roof, such as the floor in a rotunda. The ground is outside. Anyway, enough said.

Also, I wonder why, after beating Harry up for stealing his beer, Dudley didn't take the remaining cans with him.

And after Harry being at Hogwarts for 5 years, I find it hard to believe that Snape still believes that his home life is all sunshine and roses.

Still I am interested to see your take on the next two chapters.
seldombites chapter 3 . 10/25/2014
A very well-written story and terribly emotional.
honore chapter 3 . 10/2/2014
I felt cheated. You write well, you had a good storyline going, but I got to your end and was left wanting. When I read, I don't want to form my own ideas, I want to enjoy yours good/bad, right or wrong. Anyway, maybe looking forward to more. Thanks
xikum chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
I am finishing my comment from ch 3 back here at 2 - my computer is acting out and sent it when I wasn't done. In addition to your skill with realistic dialogue, you develop your situations and characters very well and true to canon character. I truly enjoy your style and what you have to say in your work!
xikum chapter 3 . 9/5/2014
Your story started well and got better and better! I would love to see more in this universe - preferably with Snape surviving as well as Harry! You are very good with realism and dialog
cztelnik chapter 3 . 8/10/2014
This short Severus/Harry story packed it all into three chapters without losing the main character's personalities. Very well done.
Sam68 chapter 3 . 3/25/2014
I demand that you write more! I think that this story is a good one, other than those other crappy ones out there, and that you should go on!
Cha'90 chapter 3 . 3/5/2014
I love the changed relationship between Snape and Harry, but I love even more that their characters are so very much like they are in the series. It never fails to irritate me when Snape suddenly turns into a nice and caring person just so that someone can write a Snape-rescues-Harry story, so thanks for staying true to the books.
Anna chapter 3 . 12/21/2013
Really great!
tanithlipsky chapter 3 . 12/16/2013
nice
Seapatrol chapter 3 . 11/16/2013
Great story really funny
ColiOli chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
Wow great story :) I loved the way you captured the feelings and thoughts of the characters in a unique way without having them OOC, such as Harry drinking, or Snape caring.
151 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »