Reviews for The Best Mistake
I'm getting all emotional- at the start it was so intence I had no idea how you'd get to here but props to you, you did it with the flare and style of the amazing writer you are!
At the end of chapter 17 I was a blubbering MESS I'm pretty much I choked out the words "I just- I just feel like I've got... Like I've got closure!" through my tear-filled hysterics
- jasmin x
KimmyH chapter 18 . 1/11
I just reread this. It happens to be my favorite story of all The Mentalist stories out there. Absolutely LOVE it and just had to let you know. Any plans to write about Alaina again? Also I was very committed to reading Poison and Wine. Any plans to finish it? I love hallucination Lisbon! But of course I read everything you write. I'm about to read the one you're writing with Donnamour!
Sssssy chapter 18 . 1/8
Awesome! It's a really good story.
I could not stop to read it even if for it, I went to bed very very late!
Thank you for writing such a lovely story.
yalyssa chapter 18 . 11/10/2013
This was a very good and very long read. Thanks for not making it sappy and cheesy. Nice writing.
sigofh chapter 4 . 8/20/2013
I have to be honest. Yeah Jane can shut Lisbon out. After the trauma who can blame him? But if she or anyone was pregnant with HIS child, no way in hell would he abandon or say get an abortion. Aside from that this is a good story but Jane is so OOC it is hard to stand this story. And Lisbon is such a victim and painting herself as one (yeah it might be just to do it against Jane) but to drag her entire team in to it? telling them he wanted an abortion? really? I am questioning her motives. Her trying to control his visits either let him in or not at all. She is clearly punishing him not protecting their baby. So passive aggressive and unLisbon like too. You're a good writer but the plot is awful and unlikable but more improbable. Jane is excited as hell when he sees any baby/child of course he has issues if he did have another family but he wouldn't do this. I truly don't see him being capable of it like you say. He almost always has a reason when he acts cold and it is never to hurt her personally. They have a partnership truly especially with him being forthcoming. He has never stepped over Lisbon personally to get RJ or use her as a friend quite the opposite when you count him killing the guy who could have led to Red John and saving her life.
we will all be tested chapter 18 . 5/8/2013
I loved this so much! Your writing is fantastic
Terezinha chapter 18 . 4/28/2013
I just loved this fic,I'm just sad that reached the it could have part we'll see if Jane was really a hit boy.
Loved loved it,Congratulations on the beautiful fic.
Maya chapter 18 . 4/23/2013
THIS IS THE BEST JISBON STORY EVER!
Guest chapter 16 . 4/23/2013
poor jane
Emma chapter 18 . 4/22/2013
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing
mfaerie32 chapter 18 . 4/19/2013
Yay! 'Claps Excitedly'. Not very bright sometimes is she? Obviously he really wanted to marry her, otherwise he wouldn't have asked 34 freakin' times. I'm happy he just demanded it and stated it was going to happen. Well done. )

Jen
mfaerie32 chapter 17 . 4/19/2013
Loved it. Very well written sweetie. I enjoyed it thoroughly. And Holly can have Josh. I'll continue my mini fantasies with Patrick. D
mfaerie32 chapter 16 . 4/19/2013
Okay, I have one irk. I have been abused and I've been heartbroken by a man I loved, and there's NO way I categorize the hurt from the man on the same level as being abused. She was a c*nt. There..I've said it. There's being hurt and being a bitch. I understand being hurt, she had every right. But she treated him like he raped her. From the flashbacks, all I've seen him do was be indifferent about her and the baby. Everyone seemed to support her decision to keep Alaina, and I'm sure they would have supported her had she gotten an abortion. But what about the guy? Doesn't he have a right to choose on whether he wanted to be a part of their life or not? When he said he didn't want to be a father, she should have accepted it and began to move on with the idea of being a single mother. I'm not saying his treatment was right...not at all, but they treated him like he took advantage of her and then spent 9months calling her everything from a horrible person to whore. I think they over reacted a bit.

Sorry, had to get that out. Lol.
mfaerie32 chapter 15 . 4/19/2013
Very nice sweetie. Had me feelin' a little hot n' bothered...lol. As for the Lila thing...hypocrite much? It's okay for her to date, but not him? And to threaten to take Alaina away from him was low. But I'm glad they got past the jealousy thing. Now for the aftermath. Hehe.
mfaerie32 chapter 14 . 4/19/2013
Now SHE owes HIM an apology. I'm glad that Grace was able to be objective about the situation and not automatically take Lisbon's side.