Reviews for Desire to Serve
sheetah chapter 1 . 2/23
A very nice story again! You really write these two very well.
NobodyAtAll chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Really enjoyed this. :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Interesting look on Bellatrix' pre-Death Eater period. The idea that she got rejected at first is something I have not seen done before, but it definitely fits in with what we know from canon. It makes sense that Voldemort would not want any women to join, considering how he indeed only let a select few into his inner circle. The last line is intriguing as well, he obviously saw something in here, but didn't want her to think she was something special, so he made her wait a little longer.
lowi chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Oh, this is brilliant! I have never before read a story of the moment of how exactly Bellatrix became a Death Eater - honestly, I've never even given it much thought. This makes a lot of sense, though, that Voldemort wouldn't be too keen on having a woman in his ranks, so this was perfectly believable.

And also, I think you're really good at writing dialogue - this sounded so right. Great work, Gamma!
the lola chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
This was great - perfectly in character, and everything seemed very canon. I believe that Voldemort would have issues with letting a woman in, and you showed her devotion perfectly.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Ooh, this was fantastic. I think it could slide straight into canon, actually... they were both so perfectly in-character.

I like that Voldemort had his doubts about letting a woman join - I think that's really realistic, especially since there's only one other female DE (that we know of). But I can just imagine him thinking like that, too.

I also really liked Bellatrix's annoyance at Rodolphus, because you kind of threw it in at the side even though it wasn't really a vital detail, but it says a lot about both of their characters and their relationship. And emphasises Bella's humiliation about being rejected by Voldemort.

Their dialogue seemed so real to me, and it captures exactly what I think their dynamic would be. And I really like how she admitted to lusting after him but insisted that that wasn't the most important thing to her.
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Argh... You're killing me! This was just amazing, and I could see that scene happen like right in front of my eyes! I really love how you write the strange relationship between Bellatrix and Voldemort, and I loved how you made even her realize that it was more than just lust, because it is something I wish I could see a bit more often in Bellamort :)
Great work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
"Some qualities that would be most desirable"-like a thirst for power, and a sadistic-I was going to say streak, but it's more than that-maybe a swath?-and a boatload of magical talent. I kind of like that idea that she was rejected initially (although his chauvinism is grating), and I can see how the initial rejection and then acceptance would make her all the more devoted. I especially liked her efforts to behave more maturely so as not to be perceived as a child.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
I really love the way you wrote Bellatrix here. I think she's incredibly in-character, with her desire for Voldemort but also her desire to be a Death Eater, and how there are other reasons why she wants to take the Dark Mark. She's written extremely well. Voldemort's concern over having a woman in his ranks seems realistic to me, also - there must be a reason why there's only two female canon Death Eaters, after all. SPaG was good, but I noticed one little thing - you forgot the second quotation mark after "Do you not? Anyway, I like the open-ended note you left it on - I mean, obviously we know what ended up happening because of canon, but I like how you left it here as opposed to taking the fic further and exploring Bella's actual joining of the DEs. This was great, you wrote these two so well!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Oh, love this! You're seriously the Queen of Smut and the Queen of Bellamort! :D
Mrs Bella Riddle chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Wonderful as always. It was great to see a different take on Bella joining the DEs and that it was not so easy. I like the return of misogynist LV and his view that a woman could not be a good DE especially one who just desires him. Great use of the prompt and very well written.
hervissa chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Nice drabble, altough I think that Voldy would accept Bellatrix right in the moment she came :DDDD
Keep writing, you're awesome :)