Reviews for Nightingale's Reckoning
Loveisdead321 chapter 1 . 7/28
wow, just wow. i stumbled across your story by accident and i had a little augment with my conscious to read your story...i'm so glad i won. your story has so much depth and sorrow that it could have only risen from pain. im so grateful that you've allowed me to see and so grateful for taking that chance to turn your pain into a positive thank you for sharing and bestowing me, and other readers with your gift.
mommymac0508 chapter 32 . 6/8
Hello I just read this whole story today I loved it thank you
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 31 . 1/23
A uniquely disturbing opening led into a very interesting plot; nice job.
I’ve encountered a few other stories with a human-drinking Edward meeting Bella before this one, but this was the first such story I encountered where Bella was in such terrible shape; while even Edward might have trouble understanding his initial reaction to his discovery, his subsequent ‘plan’ to heal Bella up to drink from her later certainly fit this darker interpretation of him.
Bella’s own reactions to Edward also raise some interesting possibilities, taking her self-described disregard for her own safety in canon even further as she latches on to someone who she knows drinks blood and treats her more like a pet than a person as a ‘protector’; while she clearly enduring a horrific experience before Edward found her, her attitude towards him still goes beyond standard Stockholm syndrome.
The revelation of Jake’s involvements answers and raises further questions- I’ve always seen him as the inferior choice, but the hints that he’s involved in some kind of conspiracy against Bella, Edward and the Cullens is something else even before his new habits are taken into account- but you raise some interesting possibilities without making him appear outrageously OoC, to say nothing of giving Edward an interesting introduction to Alice.
With your insight into Bella providing an interesting explanation for her attachment to Edward- after enduring that kind of treatment for so long, someone who treats her kindly has to be a significant shift- the subsequent contact with the Cullens raised some intriguing possibilities without answering questions about their motives.
I confess that I had my doubts about the later power you introduced- if vampires are meant to be timeless and unchangeable by their nature, how the hell can one have the power to do THAT?- but it did allow Edward an interesting chance to show his darker side once again, and the final confrontation was dramatic, even if it felt a bit rushed; lack of clarity about how and why the Quillettes would ever work with vampires and vice-versa, you know.
In general, you had some intriguing ideas and interesting twists, but your storyline suffered slightly from a lack of clarity on a few issues regarding the villains’ motivation in particular.
ChristianMom54 chapter 31 . 1/11
Wow great story! Thank you so much for sharing your talent in writing and telling a story.
angelari7 chapter 2 . 9/10/2014
Bad Eddie.
cecilia4059 chapter 19 . 6/24/2014
Why a murderer has the right to forgive himself? It's a funny notion, Esme.
Thanks for the chapter.
Amanda M chapter 16 . 6/10/2014
Ugh i hate it when Alice turns out to be a total nosy bitch hate all that bit otherwise love the story
Camilla10 chapter 32 . 6/1/2014
My dear Emochan,
In a complicated way and with the help of a British fellow author (to send money from Italy isn't easy ) I managed to send a small contibution.
I so hope that things will improve for you and your fiancé
senior22 chapter 21 . 5/31/2014
I'm really enjoying the story but there is something I don't understand. Why is Alice and the rest of the Cullen's so calm about the disappearance/abduction of Jasper? Every other story I've ever read the Cullen's would be on the warpath to find and rescue Jasper.
LittleMoCullen chapter 31 . 5/26/2014
A beautiful ending! I loved it!
LittleMoCullen chapter 30 . 5/25/2014
So intense! i'll keep reading .. tomorrow
MaryMary123 chapter 32 . 5/20/2014
One thing we can do is pray for you. Have you tried the American heart Association? My son had cancer and it wiped us all out and if it wasn't for aide I honestly don't know what he and his family would have done. There is also a charity that will help you with wedding expenses when you have devistating illness.
CassandraLowery chapter 32 . 5/20/2014
I wish I could help, but we're kind of going through a similar situation-without the moving. My husband's 25 year old business with his dad tanked in 2008 with the economy, and I've been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia; I'm on methadone for pain-8 pills/day.

With my husband being self-employed, we don't have any insurance. So we ended up having to declare bankruptcy because of over $100,000 in medical bills. My husband went from being an architect to doing handyman work which is spotty at best but still more than he could make at Home Depot, etc., while I work from home teaching online classes.

And three of our four kids are ill: our daughter (22) has been diagnosed with a gene mutation producing neuological issues and chronic fatigue; our oldest son (19) has been in a wheelchair for the past year due to a gene mutation that causes chronic pain and seizures; and our youngest son (14) has what is probably a hernia, but we can't afford the imaging needed for a definite diagnosis-it keeps him from gaining enough weight, that's for sure. He has to be on a special diet which is really expensive.

So I'm happy to pray for you and Josh, but I don't have $$ for groceries this week, so I can't send what I don't have. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers-hang in there! (((hugs)))

Nina chapter 31 . 5/11/2014
That was great! Thx for sharing!
Reinbeau chapter 31 . 5/7/2014
Thank you for sharing this with us.