Reviews for Post hoc propter hoc
emmawatsonfan1 chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Always?! Awwwww! It's like Severus snape just interrupted Downton abbey :) love thisssss
Shanghaied in LaLaLand chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This is well written and I hope you will write more for M/M.

It's funny. Lavinia was an ostensibly straightforward character, but her relationship with Matthew was perhaps the most complicated of the canon ships - or rather, Matthew's feelings for her are the most difficult to pin down. The fact that it continues to inspire fic and is still discussed and metaed a full season after her departure attests to this I think.

Matthew's characterization here is good overall, but the one issue I have is that I don't think for a minute he would contemplate breaking his engagement to Mary. If he wouldn't do it to Lavinia even though he realized he no longer wanted to marry her, he certainly wouldn't do it to the woman whom he believes is the love of his life. If, based on canon, we're supposed to believe that he is capable of this, then, WOW, I think we really would have to question whom it is that Matthew really loves. When Matthew tells Mary in the CS that he's "sure," I think he really is. (Granted early S3 is also hard for me to get past. I realize Matthew's objections to taking the inheritance are not coextensive with his feelings post 2x08 - there's a distinction there - but still, as a shipper, it stung. :-( )

Anyway, I enjoyed reading it.
AnniellaEyes chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
This is wonderful- a really great, insightful conversation that they must have had at some point. Fabulous characterisation of Matthew- particularly when being completely disarmed by Mary's smile.