Reviews for A Serious Jest
Perfect
Brain in the Gutter chapter 12 . 3/7
Great story! I love how they didn't really know how the other felt about each other for so long, but they figured it out in the end!
Imwaiting4myAliceandEdward chapter 12 . 1/17
Wanted to review again once I could log on. I enjoyed the story and even read it a second time. :)
Imwaiting4myAE chapter 12 . 1/4
Very cute. I enjoyed your version of what happened during the war with Severus and hermione. While Molly frustrated me, I'm glad you kept her as an... Obstacle (for lack of a better word). Thank you for sharing this short and entertaining story!
-imwaiting4myaliceandedward (sorry I'm not logged in)
Sweet story
narutonarutolove chapter 10 . 6/6/2014
this story is decent enough to keep me entertained for a little while. But I defiantly wouldnt put it in my favorites. The speech patterns (most notably Severus') are totally OOC. If you have ever read Severus Snape saying thank you, would you really see him saying "thanks"? Maybe when he was a kid, but as an adult, heck no.

Personalities are also OOC.

Out of a rating to five, id give you about two and one fourth.

Read the AN, hope you had a happy, healthy baby! v.v
Puppyluv09 chapter 11 . 1/15/2014
I really like this story. I didn't quite know how I felt about sensitive Snape at first, but you have done really well! This story actually made me tear up a bit! Please update soon!
furface294 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Hmmm , being professionally known as Professor Granger and privately known as Madam Snape would work, nice start.
Macalah chapter 12 . 8/5/2013
Beautiful story. A bit out if character with Severus at some points, but that is to be expected considering it is fanfiction. I loved this story.
Fraulein Takoor chapter 12 . 7/21/2013
Sweet story :-)
CRMediaGal chapter 12 . 7/14/2013
Cute story! I liked your take on the Marriage Law fic, and I'm glad Molly came around - marginally - in the end. Thanks for the read!
Guiltilyinnocent chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
Well done on your first "lemon", though next time I think the mood change could be more gradual, hermiones grief changed a but too quickly. I like this story, it's very character based :)
Guiltily innocen chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Good opening straight to the point!
snapify52 chapter 12 . 6/26/2013
I really enjoyed this story. The style of writing was especially interesting. It seemed like there was a distinct lack of description - what in improv we sometimes call "color - in the narrative. However, there was a wealth of action and it seemed as thought the actions themselves provided that color and really evoked the world as did the word choice - I'm thinking using "deluminate" when Hermione turns off the light to go to bed. As an actor I really love this style, love when things are actually happening. Really very cleverly written and short and sweet. The more I think about this the more I like it.

As for the Molly subplot, I admit that it did seem problematic as we readers were hoping so much for a resolution or an insight into Molly's reasoning. That said, this is probably the sort of things that many of us deal with in families - becoming estranged over an argument with no resolution in sight for years and years if ever. I wanted to say that in my mind as a reader I almost expected to learn that Molly believed Severus and Hermione had had some inappropriate relationship when Hermione was a student. Perhaps she saw the otter patronus Severus sent? I want the characters to operate out of their own logical sympathetic world even though I know that people do not always act that way. Anyway, I appreciate the story and thanks for the food for thought on writing and style, motivation, and process. Very helpful.
snapify52 chapter 6 . 6/26/2013