Reviews for A Serious Jest
Puppyluv09 chapter 11 . 1/15
I really like this story. I didn't quite know how I felt about sensitive Snape at first, but you have done really well! This story actually made me tear up a bit! Please update soon!
furface294 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Hmmm , being professionally known as Professor Granger and privately known as Madam Snape would work, nice start.
Macalah chapter 12 . 8/5/2013
Beautiful story. A bit out if character with Severus at some points, but that is to be expected considering it is fanfiction. I loved this story.
Fraulein Takoor chapter 12 . 7/21/2013
Sweet story :-)
CRMediaGal chapter 12 . 7/14/2013
Cute story! I liked your take on the Marriage Law fic, and I'm glad Molly came around - marginally - in the end. Thanks for the read!
Guiltilyinnocent chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
Well done on your first "lemon", though next time I think the mood change could be more gradual, hermiones grief changed a but too quickly. I like this story, it's very character based :)
Guiltily innocen chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
Good opening straight to the point!
snapify52 chapter 12 . 6/26/2013
I really enjoyed this story. The style of writing was especially interesting. It seemed like there was a distinct lack of description - what in improv we sometimes call "color - in the narrative. However, there was a wealth of action and it seemed as thought the actions themselves provided that color and really evoked the world as did the word choice - I'm thinking using "deluminate" when Hermione turns off the light to go to bed. As an actor I really love this style, love when things are actually happening. Really very cleverly written and short and sweet. The more I think about this the more I like it.

As for the Molly subplot, I admit that it did seem problematic as we readers were hoping so much for a resolution or an insight into Molly's reasoning. That said, this is probably the sort of things that many of us deal with in families - becoming estranged over an argument with no resolution in sight for years and years if ever. I wanted to say that in my mind as a reader I almost expected to learn that Molly believed Severus and Hermione had had some inappropriate relationship when Hermione was a student. Perhaps she saw the otter patronus Severus sent? I want the characters to operate out of their own logical sympathetic world even though I know that people do not always act that way. Anyway, I appreciate the story and thanks for the food for thought on writing and style, motivation, and process. Very helpful.
snapify52 chapter 6 . 6/26/2013
I love Demelza!
Alexa1993 chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
Love it! :)
Kirida chapter 12 . 6/19/2013
Loved it!
ptl4ever419 chapter 12 . 6/15/2013
I love it! Really cool take on the marriage law idea :)
Guest chapter 12 . 6/9/2013
Wonderful story!
MilkShaikh chapter 12 . 6/8/2013
3 it! :)
Sirisha23 chapter 12 . 6/6/2013
Amazing story. Congrats on the pregnancy. Thanks for writing an amazing Hermione/Severus fanfiction. Keep up the great work. Good luck on all your future endeavors.