Reviews for Darkness and Divinity
Idan chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Oh, so dark but so well done! You captured the essential tragedy I think we are seeing this season: that Jane knows exactly what he's doing and what it is going to cost both him and Lisbon, but he can't turn back.
lysemma chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
That's a great story, dark and angsty : I love it ! I'm so pissed at Jane these days that it's nice to have a glimpse of what he might think. You really did justice to his character and I understand him a little bit more thanks to your fic. Great job.
Oh, and I completely agree with you about Lisbon and Kirkland. I'm a crazy Jisbon fan but Jane deserves to be jealous for a while ! And Lisbon needs some love !
One last thing : don't stop ranting !
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I believe Lorelei said "the moment you shook hands," not "the first time," so it still could be anybody whose hand he's ever shook, unfortunately. Yes, this was an angsty piece, and I certainly don't see the attraction for Kirkland, though it's obvious she likes him. I worry at how shady he is, how he knew about Jane's time in the mental hospital, etc. I still have faith though that Jane and Lisbon will find their way to each other.

Nicely written tag. Please, don't lose faith in Jisbon! And hope to see you more on Twitter. Come tweet with us-we have a lot of fun there.
Hayseed Socrates chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
You're killing me. They're killing me. Argh.

Beautiful, raw piece of Jane psychology. I will consider it canon.
april chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Hi Starry,
I wish you had a blog or other whatnot for providing your ep feedback, but not because I haven't come to enjoy your a/n's as much as da69's, but because I so enjoy hearing your thoughts following an ep, I wish there was a place to hear more and/or exchange comments outside the constraints of brevity imposed on you in the a/n, and well, imposed but oft ignored by me in reviews. Ah well, such is life; if such challenges are our worst problems, wouldn't we be in the fortunate few. Anyway, despite the fact that I do not have any desire to see TL couple up with anyone other than our Jane-and following a bit of initial dispair, the last couple of eps have actually left me with the thought that PJ is making an effort to move towards TL (but again I digress...)-I really, really liked your story! Jane's thoughts re Bob's late arrival were TOTALLY Janesque! ... Now, and I'm totally charged that I can make this comment in the context of reviewing your story, as this was where your ep review really occurs: I'm reading Jane comment on shaking hands more than once and I think, "OMG, LM said, 'the FIRST time you shook hands'". Anyway, you totally rock...Whether you are right or not regarding the implications of LM's inclusion of that modifier, the possibility of a further limitation on the potential RJ's NEVER even occured to me...but, it WOULD to both canon Jane and Your Jane. Way to highlight something (that I will feel incredibly dumb to find I'm alone in missing) and to do it so completely in character. (And, if you prove to be right, thanks for leaving me in the fine company of Lisbon in missing it...) Fabulous story as always! Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Wonderful tag...J/L are in such an angsty place right now that its kinda heartbreaking to watch.

But I have hope that they will move on from this and get back to the loving relationship they share...I mean, just look at the scene in this ep where Lisbon finds Jane after the accident. She is so relieved to see him alive. She has tears in her eyes and is so clearly desperate to touch him- Robin did an amazing job of showing how much Lisbon loves Jane here!
Teena chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
AHHHH...my emotions are all over the place after 5x08...

I am heartbroken at the current state of Jane and Lisbon's relationship. They are a mess. They clearly love each other but are both terrified of what it means and how to handle it- particularly Jane, who is almost 90% responsible for problems between them.
He fears what loving Teresa and being with her would do in terms of RJ- head on a platter anybody?! But as 5x02 showed us, he thinks about moving on and getting past his revenge. I do also think he sees this happening with Lisbon.

Lisbon is sooo obviously in lurve with him but the poor woman thinks he does not reciprocate which is why she seems to be exploring other romantic avenues. She has spent so long being there for Jane as a friend and boss, that I think that, like Jane, she is taken aback by her feelings. They were not supposed to fall in love but they did. What I like about the show is that the progession of their relationship has been so natural. Like Bruno said, If they find their way to each other, it would be a delightful and inevitable suprise for them both.
So, as much as i cannot stand to see any other man romantically interested in her, I think it is actually what the J/L relationship needs. Lisbon needs to see what she would be like in a real relationship (she needs some practice before getting down to the real thing with Jane!) and Jane needs to witness this to realise what he's missing in his life and how much he needs Teresa. And when he does, it will be awesome- i mean Jane always get his own way!

The angst between them really hurts me but then again is it really such a shock?...they have maintained this loyal, loving partnership for almost 10 years with vey few major incidents ,that road bumps were bound to happen.

The way I see it, J/L are in this awful place right now. They have hit the lowest point in their relationship, which looks set to continue for a while- especially with a darker Jane appearing. But i truly think that they will recover from this. Underneath it all, they have this abiding love and loyalty which has kept them both going for almost 10 years- they are not going to give up on it now! They just both need a kick up the bum to get them going. Logically speaking, these new characters (Mancini, Kirkland, Lorelai...) will not even last anyway.

I know my ideas sounds over-romanticised, but i REEAAALLY think we will be seeing a J/L romance by the end of this season ( there have been waaayyyy too many hints for them not to)...BH has said that Lisbon will discover her feelings for Patrick this year, Jane has already revealed his and just take a look back at some of the moments they have shared! The romantic love they have is just so obvious!

"And sadly for Bob, he had shown up about nine years too late"...Thre we go, you said it yourself! I mean really?, how can it be anything other than a Jane and Lison romance?!

*and breathe*...phew!...sorry for the rant but I think we should just have some hope here guys! Lets be patient..The Mentalist is not a show like Castle, where it was clear from the outset where the main characters were headed.
Jane and Lisbon are soulmates who have a very different connection than what we usually see on tv. I think a loving, romantic and sexual relationship is on the horizon here guys, we just have to go along for the ride!

Thanks for reading this if you could be bothered! I just needed to let it out and try to maintain morale :)
fseventh chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
It's such an amazing tag. I agree with you... I hope Kirkland is not included in RJ conspiracy. And though. I kinda like him. And poor Jane and Lisbon, they are one of messed up relationships on tv. There are a lot of what ifs about them.
wavesofred chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Kiryki chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Jesus fucking Christ, my SOUL. The tone of this was just heartbreaking and perfect. I loved it.
silver rosebud chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Unfortunately for me, when I recorded the episode, another one was running overtime and cut out the ending.
On another note, who else do you think could be Red John?
Kaoh chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I am starting to get mixed feelings about the Jane/Lisbon dynamic this season. I too would like to see Lisbon get a bit of a life - and the fluffing of her hair and general behaviour towards Bob has me in equal parts concerned and cheering. Love the line about the proverbial middle finger - how true! Thank you for writing this tag - you explored this line of reasoning wonderfully.
Teresa L Jane chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Awesome , you're amazing , I'm really addicted to your wonderful stories . Thank you :)
Lizicia chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
So much divine angst in this story! Jane is absolutely himself with the self-loathing, wanting to drive Lisbon away because of his feelings and give her a chance to come out more or less unscathed from the unhealthy relationship they share. And I love how he wants to punish himself and yet the need, the longing is still evident and he has to fight to tamper it down. Great tag.
As I too have yet to own a blog or Tumblr to vent my feelings about episodes, I'll just leave them here. I have to say, I loved the episode though it had a decidedly different feel about it than the usual episodes, probably because Simon Baker's directing style is different. I don't really see the connection between Lisbon and Kirkland, though I understand the show's taking that direction. I could see it with Mashburn and even with Mancini, the chemistry especially, but I'm not feeling it. However, she does deserve some love.
Lifyn chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I really dont like Jane in this season and I do hope that Lisbon get somehow hooked up with Kirkland (and that Bob is Red John or one of his closer initmates, because that would definitely crash Jane - yeah I'm so angry with Jane right now that I want something like that.. -.-) .. about your episode tags I have just one word: Wow... they are so great.. After I read them I dont want to smack Jane as hard as I want to right after the show.. ;) P.S: Sorry if there are mistakes.. english is not my native language..