Reviews for Exhale
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
bliss
Gaelcelt chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
...beautiful. As little as we see of Robert and Rufus in the film (I still say that they merit a film of their own), their story is the most emotionally resonant for me. They're just so sweet...! I still want them to live happily ever after...!
Princess Bubblegum chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
That was so very beautiful. As I read it, the Cloud Atlas sextet happened to be playing in the background... Frobisher and Sixsmith is one of the most amazing pairings ever, and this was one of the most amazing things I have ever read. So very beautiful, but so very sad.
P chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
It makes me feel sad, and sort of "caged in", if you know what I mean - despite the fact that I don't really know what I mean :) Your story gives me a sense of difficulty, rather like the hurdles the two men had to face. To take hold of something brilliant, one must leave the shadows. Sometimes, leaving the shadows is the end, not the beginning. You portrayed that beautifully.
sunshinepostcard chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I love your use of physical details/description to establish the setting. And it's cool how you give such a short scene a real narrative arc. My only issue is that I personally had difficulty telling which character was being referred to sometimes. Maybe make that more clear by using their names? Anyways, yay cloud atlas fanfic! :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This relationship, by far, stood out to me the most out of the entire movie. It's so tragic yet complex in every way, regardless that we see so little of them.
This is a very beautiful piece you've written here to accompany that . Very natural and in-character, and while it is brief,it is short and sweet. Just as their time together was short yet sweet, and I think that was brilliant of you to capture.
Great job.
Laura Schiller chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Three cheers for the very first Cloud Atlas fanfiction!
Love the chilly autumn atmosphere and the way they avoid each other; their storyline was one of the saddest and most beautiful in the film.