Reviews for The Grey Eyed Goddess
EmmaAthena2013 chapter 25 . 4/6
So good
FotoDi chapter 25 . 10/31/2014
Would james adopt Kara?
What is Sophia's last name?
When did Sophia's mother die?
How did Sophia & Kara end up in an East End apartment
(at 20 & 14 respectively)? According to your backstory,
Sophia was conceived in Venezuela. When did she and
Mom move to London? You also say that little sister Kara
moved out when Sophia left home... (when Sophia went
to college?)
If Sophia's Mother was "gorgeous" and Kara looks like her
Mother, why did the kidnappers call her freckled and
ugly?

TIMING Q's & HOW DID SOPHIA I.D. 007 AS DADDY?

If Sophia's mother met James in Venezuela 21 years ago while he was a "spy", then the 007 in your story has to be quite old. James Bond is usually given a detailed backstory for each incarnation - Scot, only child, orphaned at 11, some posh education/utilitarian education, Naval Carrer, Intelligence Career, then MI6 spy.
Daniel Craig's film backstory somewhat dovetails which your AU FIC in that Bond is orphaned at 11, then living with maiden Aunt in Kent, sent down from Eton at 13-14, attending Fettes College until 17-18, meanwhile also trained by Swiss mountaineer Oberhouser, and then Bond attends Britannia Royal Navy College. After which, Bond joins the Royal Navy, sea duty,, specializes in Naval Intelligence, then does active duty in Special Boat Service, finally moving up to become a commando in Special Forces, then recruited by RNR Defense Intelligence Group - in between missions Bond also studies part-time & takes several Firsts at Cambridge University in European & Oriental Languages. Then at around age 30 Bond is asked to join MI6 where he is trained in covert ops, espionage, interrogation, etc. After about 8 years James Bond as a Field Agent, bond is finally promoted by M to 00 status. (/- 38 years old). And thus, a legend is born.

[Note: MI6 Active Duty Retirement age has been cited variously as 44, 50, 'when not in peak physical fitness' & death.]

So, James Bond may have been a RNR DI Covert Ops Agent or a new MI6 Field Agent when he encountered Sophia's beautiful Mother in Venezuela but it is highly doubtful Bond was a '00'.

QUESTIONS:

1) Why would James Bond disclose his profession to a British Expatriate Hooker he meets on the job in South America?!

2) How does unsophisticated 30-year-old Sophia track down James Bond merely possessing a rope bracelet & some stories? Did she do a DNA trace that alerted MI6?

3) Why would MI6 allow Sophia to meet Bond, who is such a valuable & covert national Asset? Acknowledging Sophia as Bond's biological daughter would be a major liability as your Fic's plot suggests.

4) How did Carlisle so quickly 'suss out' that James Bond had an illegitimate daughter without also knowing any specifics like age/name? Recall your comments that Sophia looks a lot like James while young half-sister Kara does not. The info leak obviously did not come from the civilian side else Carlisle would have snatched the correct girl. So, MI6 must have a high-up information leak. Carlisle kidnapped the girl he thought was Bond's daughter on the same day Bond actually met her! There was no time lag. That is worrisome!

FYI: There are eight divers & in depth James Bond Biographies (literary & film) found at Wikipedia link:
wiki/James_Bond
AbiSnow1998 chapter 25 . 10/17/2014
Awesome - I loved it! I liked the greek mythology references too :)
noitspatrick chapter 25 . 7/9/2014
OH WOW THAT WAS FABOLOUS
Starcrier chapter 25 . 5/7/2014
This is the single greatest thing I've found on this site in months. Thanks for a beautiful story, and well done.
JFJD chapter 7 . 9/10/2013
I am reading this story again. What's the American equivalent of a first?
WickedOrcSlayer chapter 25 . 8/29/2013
I know I probably should have posted this when I read the chapter I am speaking about, BUT SHE KISSED HIM SHE KISSED HIM SHE KISSED HIM! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *coughs* That is all.
Beloved Daughter chapter 25 . 8/23/2013
Absolutely brilliant story! I was enthralled with it from the moment I started reading! Thanks for writing and posting.
Crash Solar x chapter 12 . 8/20/2013
Sophia and Q time. Aww :p
Crash Solar x chapter 5 . 8/20/2013
Another fantastic chapter—sorry my reviews are 'boring' I just don't have any suggestions or complaints :p
Crash Solar x chapter 4 . 8/20/2013
Great chapter!
Crash Solar x chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
Disappointed by a short chapter,nevertheless I enjoyed it. :)
Crash Solar x chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
Enjoying it so far. You're a great writer...
Fingirl chapter 25 . 7/26/2013