Reviews for Monster and the Martyr
Catherine Morgenstern chapter 25 . 6/5/2019
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

You captured everyone perfectly; Elijah and Elena especially felt like reading canon.

The plot allowed for a delicious slow burn despite it happening quite quickly - in terms of timeline - but you really drew it out in a way that made their connection and budding relationship feel organic. I was never under the impression that it was rushed and I particularly enjoyed how you made sure to develop Elijah's perception of her from another Petrova Doppelgänger to just Elena.

The fact that you chose to make Stefan and Damon incapable of the same realisation was deftly handled, in my opinion, because while I think they both had the same progress in canon that you gave Elijah in this fic, it didn't feel disingenuous to me that they never saw Elena as separate from Katerina here. I think that's partly because it was definitely the case early on in TVD, canonically, and so it felt quite authentic.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
MaeTowle chapter 25 . 1/24/2018
So I may have read this entire story instead of sleeping last night... TOTALLY WORTH IT
WendyMoiraAngelaDarlingDearest chapter 9 . 11/7/2017
so it's 2AM and I have lectures to go to later and I really should sleep BUT dear god I can't stop reading. this is really a marvellous and beautifully written story
Kushka chapter 25 . 3/20/2017
Great story
mspstar97 chapter 25 . 8/11/2016
Hey! I just found this fic while I was looking for some good Elejah-centric fics, and I was really impressed by your work. I really enjoyed this! Great job!
hotchfan1 chapter 25 . 5/26/2016
Oh boy I loved it!

Sequeeeeeeeeellllllll!

Tooo excited sorry.
hotchfan1 chapter 19 . 5/25/2016
Awww!

On a side note. I really believe that he knew she wasn't Katerina and yes he's totally dreamy...
enchanted nightingale chapter 25 . 10/24/2015
Loved it!
Pixeldust chapter 25 . 8/17/2015
This is by far the best Elijah fic I've ever read. You kept him in character flawlessly, showed his strengths, weaknesses, and personality so perfectly that now every Elijah fanfic feels hollow in comparison. You also beautifully captured Elena's personality and character. This is definitely the best Vampire Diaries fanfic I have ever read. As well as one of the most fufilling, heart warming, and beautifully written romances I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you so much for the good read.
sunnyontheheights chapter 9 . 11/18/2014
Ooooih! I LOVE tenth avenue north! :)
weemcg33 chapter 25 . 10/8/2014
This story pulled me in from the very first chapter and has kept me going for the past few days. So for that I thank you. You are a truly talented author. I've lost count of the amount of times I have watched Elijah's first episode, Rose and every other one he has appeared in. I've also just finished watching the Originals which is awesome! I will definitely re-read this story and will now check to see if you've written any more with Elijah as the main character (fingers crossed)
weemcg33 chapter 19 . 10/7/2014
Loved this chapter, loved the kiss, it was very sweet. I too enjoyed that episode but Elena really did annoy me. Daniel Gillies rules! That man is fine! ;)
weemcg33 chapter 11 . 10/6/2014
I loved this chapter, couldn't keep the smile from my face when they were dancing.
weemcg33 chapter 5 . 10/6/2014
I love the Originals, especially when they are all together and behaving as families do. I think Elijah is the best, he always tries to do the right thing. It certainly doesn't hurt that he is very handsome lol
I think you have his sense of humour written really well, and can't wait to read more of this awesome story.
weemcg33 chapter 2 . 10/6/2014
Wow! I've been looking for a really good Elijah and Elena story and I'm so happy I stumbled across this. I loved the episode Rose, and did sort of wonder how both Stefan and Damon were able to take down the Original. I think it would've worked out better if it ended up like this. You're writing is awesome and the characters very believable. Thanks, I'm a huge Elijah fan and this story has pulled me in!