Reviews for Gold for Salt
Mouse of Turin chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I didn't like Lachesis before reading your stuff, but you've managed to turn her into a totally sympathetic character. Poor Lachesis. She didn't really have a happy life.

I like how you kept the spelling "pertater" throughout the whole thing. And also the interaction between Lachesis and Finn. That is certainly an interesting dynamic.
Amielleon chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I'm sad Lachesis didn't like french fries.

Being serious, I liked this piece. I thought it was well executed and full of nice little touches, my favorite being Lachesis's manipulativeness toward Finn for the Greater Good.
utdfan22 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Not bad. Certainly helps you appreciate a lot of little things and makes you really sympathetic to the Lenster foursome (before they were a trio) without stepping out of character. Kind of depressing but just about everything that touches second-gen Fin and/ or Lachesis is going to have some element of hardship to it.

It's one of those things that, had it fit into the games somehow, would have made you more sympathetic to Trabant and Leaf at the same time without really dealing with either. It encapsulates the harshness of Thracian life pre-Unified Kingdom and is incredibly detailed (if slightly dry but that fits the mood perfectly).

Well done.

P.S. I think Thracians and Isaacians have the same general colour in their hair. Trabant and Areone both have jet-black shocks of the stuff anyway. I'm not saying Thracians wouldn't be irritated at foreigners sucking up already strained resources but I figure that black hair wouldn't be one of their go-to hate things. Or maybe it would, desperation makes people do weird things.