Reviews for Alibi
I liked this a lot! I really LOVED when Danny threw up on the GIW! That was PERFECT!
DannyPhantomPhandom chapter 1 . 7/14
Interesting how Dash connects life problems with football. Very interesting.
sorcerousfang chapter 14 . 5/2
Ooooh, this was so GOOD!

At first, I was a little put off by the decision to have Dash come out as gay in this story (it doesn't fit my headcannon), but you made it so, SO important for the story and it worked so well and I am so grateful that you used it not just as a characterization but as a whole model for the story and I'm rambling and gushing and just...AGH! I love it! It is such a wonderful parallel to help him understand Danny's situation. You wrote it so well here, wove it right into the story, and as a reader and author, I'm really impressed.

Writing this from Dash's limited point of view was a fantastic choice, and I'm really glad you didn't stray to other POVs during the course of the story. The way you integrated elements of Phantom Planet to explain certain people knowing and to gain support from other characters like Scott was great, and you matched Danielle's personality to a T. The pacing wasn't too fast or too slow, the story and the parallels to Gone With The Wind were interesting without feeling like I was being given too much information or not enough, and little details like Danielle having a Faceplace are the kind of touches I really enjoy.

All in all, wonderful story! Totally worth me losing a couple of hours of sleep to finish reading it.
Thanks for writing!
Eagle Dreamer chapter 14 . 4/3
i loved the part where Danny threw up even though i almost did too. this was a really good story.
ghoost chapter 14 . 2/24
This story was absolutely amazing. I loved your writing style as well as the way you revealed each secret or step of the plan to the readers. I personally, have never watched nor read 'Gone With the Wind', but I think that had also given more suspense to the story. Now that I've seen a snippet of what happens in the book/movie (is it even a book?), I'm excited to see the similarities and differences. Everybody was completely in character, and the way you wrote Dash's back story to mirror Danny's (in a way) was magnificent. I absolutely loved your story and it's presentation! Keep up the great work and I hope you gave a great day!
clamche chapter 12 . 2/15
Foley the fake pass-out, laughing quietly, that cracked me up!
clamche chapter 13 . 2/15
So that's why Bash was worried over Danny preserving his dignity intact. Because he was expecting some really bad consequences, ruining consequences. Good thing that by now Danny's family already knew his secret.
clamche chapter 8 . 2/7
I love the tofish joke! That was pretty nice one.
TheEpicSheep chapter 14 . 1/12
Well paced, we'll written, and I loved the connection you created between Dash and Danny! I haven't read any of your other fics, but after Alibi, I will definitely check them out! :D
DarkSakura159 chapter 14 . 1/12
Nicely done story!
neeniya chapter 14 . 1/1
I just love this character progression. Really nicely done!
I really liked the references you made for the whole plan, just brilliant.
neeniya chapter 1 . 12/29/2015
I like all the football lingo you put in here! It really puts him in character!
bubblerobot chapter 14 . 12/28/2015
Just rolled in from tumblr. Ugh why is this so great. I just marathoned the whole ride in the last couple hours and so good. I pretty much did nothing until it was done and red.

I really liked that thing you did with Dash being gay and then just letting it sit there and exist. I also loved the whole foot ball references sprinkled through out with the hail marry and taking the quarter back position for half a second and then moving back to linemen. Perfect. I just loved the immersion of his analogies as a former football player.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/27/2015
It's great to find a post-Phantom Planet story. This was a really fun read!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2015
So cool...we're getting the story through his observations when we know what he doesn't!