Reviews for Memorizing
Kickerbraut chapter 1 . 10/11
This is a truly beautiful one-shot! Perfect, actually...Thank you
OnginalMaz chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
That was heartrbeakingly beautiful. My bias stems entirely from the fact that I am a complete sucker for Blackinnon fics, but this was truly amazing. Now excuse me while I drown in the feels.
TheMockTurtle chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Lovely :)
niceshootingsweetheart chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
This is so well written and gorgeous! I love your characterisation of Marlene and Sirius and their relationship. The last paragraph is especially beautiful.
thewitchisdead chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This is flawless, I loved it even thought I don't really ship Sirius and Marlene. Brilliant one shot.
Wilhelmina Willoughby chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I've never read any Sirius/Marlene before, but I came here from fanficsunderthestairs on Tumblr and I'm so glad I did, because I'm stunned, and I wanted to leave you a real review.

First: this is absolutely beautiful. Holy shit. I got emotional about halfway through and had to stop for a moment so I could start the story over, more slowly. Your prose is gorgeous, and the way you carry the sunset throughout the story is so well done and almost effortless, in a way where it's not this pointed-out symbol thrown at me but a natural and simple part of the story. I think my favorite description of the sunrise, here, is how it has sound in that last paragraph, and it drowns out Remus's shouting, it's so loud. Beautiful!

And I lovelovelove how nostalgic and bittersweet and peaceful this all feels at once, all in this short space, all from her looking at this sunset. You're able to give us so much of her conflicting emotions, and never do I feel jerked around from one contrasting emotion to another-it's all so real for her, because it's so much to leave behind, and there's so much uncertainty in what she's about to walk into.

And this line: "Marlene feels an odd sense of confirmation settle in her bones. It is a feeling that will not save her life or spare his suffering." This line! Ahhh. It's all wrapped up here, without melodrama, because we know that she dies (and I think that was also fantastically done, sparing us from the drama of "HEY LOOK THEY DIE BE SAD," you know?) but there's that almost desperate foreshadowing there that she's feeling, but maybe doesn't know yet, but we do, and ahh, so great.

This is getting so long, oh god, so, so sorry, but there's just everything working here. The dialogue is real and I love how their relationship is shown and Sirius is perfection and overall: I love it, and I think you're amazing!

Mina :)
stefanie437 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This is SO beautiful! I really like the way you wrote them!
astral symphony chapter 1 . 11/19/2012

thank you for nurturing my Blackinnon love. seriously.
this is hfewah0f8a
i'm dying
it's so adorable and perfect andfu8w0h8aahofiew

AND IT'S NOT SAPPY IT'S JUST PERFECTLY THEM hfuiwa0hfea oh gosh i'm so pleased thankyouthankyouthankyou.