Reviews for A Bullet from Chekhov's Gun: A Whisper Against the Powder
shaz308 chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Interesting little side chapter, thanks.
Fleur50 chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
:o)
Anita chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Nice, thank you. Did you really just do this research? Seems so authentic, I'm sure you work for the military.
MK543 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
Of course, it's too late, she already loves him.
Emmaline3 chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
People really do this shit? another thought...what kind of people really do this shit! Unimaginable! Fascinating story though ;-)
Luvvykitty chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
NIce to know what she meant by saying "It's too late." Perfect one shot : )
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Terrific insight into Edward. And your writing has such a realistic feel to it. You're either active in the military or you've done a ton of research.

I've really enjoyed the third person narration in ABfCG but first worked well here to really get into Edward's head. Thanks for sharing this!
kmah88 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
pagly, you are like an onion!
i love how much work you put into your writing. it shows.
Erroneous78 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Wow!

I loved this outtake. True Edward, fight or flight situation.
And all the Bond/agent references, the talks of what could happen to Bella. GAH! I can't bear to think about it.

So is he going to take a chance?

Erron xoxo
reve2weaver chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
I often find that outtakes are best left out of the story, and I almost never read them. This is not the case at all: you should integrate this outtake to the main story, as this moment really gives so, so much insight into Edward's uninvited gestalt shift. It add depth to character journey in an exciting way, a rare thing for an outtake indeed. This really shows how Edward's conflict is between his heart and his head. While he remains rooted to his duty and training, we can see exactly why his feelings are dangerous to them both. It's makes his decision rest on a keener edge, and forms a smart paradoxical parallel to the original vampire's dilemma, where betrayal also means doing the right thing. I loved how the 'long shot' relies and his emotional stability. Detachment is vital to carry out missions, and we can see by Edward's mind wandering, exactly why. It illustrates perfectly the high cost of living, in which the sacrifices of the agent's personal life are like a metaphorical calculated loss of 'friendly fire'. Emotional veracity becomes an agent's orange jump-suit: detrimental to your life in the battlefield. Loved. It.
samiam77 chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Thanks for this great additional piece to the story!
blueeyes11354 chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
He's got just a few things he needs to figure out. But only a few. lol
Cahawbalily chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Wow. This chapter reminds me of a Tom Clancy novel because of the military explanations. I am so glad that E gave in!
Erikajo chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Couldn't stand it. Had to read this spoilers and all. :)
mommy2kh chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
So exciting! And I love knowing a little about what is to come.