Reviews for Sympathy for the Devil
29th.spirit chapter 1 . 3/19
So much conflict, desire and devotion, confusion, resentment and undeniable attraction. Forceful, poetic and oh so bittersweet. This is how I like my Ulquihime. Great job! I really enjoyed reading this!
This was beyond awesome,I just found this site love your story the best so far !
Aynessa chapter 1 . 1/23
Oof. This hurts. This is truly a painful, heartbreaking read. So bittersweet and tragic. I love how they are both broken, struggling to adapt to a lie, gravitating towards each other despite feeling the wrongness of his fake existence. This is excellent writing.
Katreju chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
I originally discovered your story on 'Archive of Our Own' and I'm so happy I did! This is extremely well-written. Everyone is in-character, the events of the story are perfectly seamed together and their relationship developed not only gradually but realistically (not once did I raise an eyebrow over anything I read). This is now one of my favorite stories for U/H and one that I will be recommending to my friends. :)
AkatsukiDragonRose chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
I loved this. I really liked the story, the interaction between Ulquiorra and Orihime, it was wonderful. Keep up the good work!
Mikami Yuriko chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Personally speaking, I thought this story is different from the obvious overused plotlines. It was a good attempt and I really hope that you consider continuing this one. It has such great promise.
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
utterly, heartbreakingly beautiful.
Mauia88 chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Love it! Happy to have this contribution in the fandom. And great idea too!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Oh gosh this was glorious. I love how everything played out, even though some parts I felt Ulquiorra wasn't in character (just those outburst parts but he was still beautiful).
Anyway, good stuff! The description was well done and I just don't know what else to say except it's going straight to my favorites! Well done!
myyinfatuation chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Amazing story :) i completely feel in love with their relationship, and your characterization of ulquiorra was so. freaking. good. omg
Gin-Juice chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
WOW. This is a pairing that seems to attract a lot of above-average writers, but I think this is possibly the best Ulquiorra/Orihime story I've ever read.

It's an interesting concept to start with, but your characterization of Ulquiorra is unique and incredible. It was like the awe and devotion he felt for Aizen and his power transferred to Orihime and hers, and there was this religious tint to his love for her, along with resentment. That's probably not a very healthy relationship, but it was still really beautiful, in its way.

Anyway, I'm very impressed, and I'd love to read more UlquiHime stories by you.
Raining Elephant chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Gods this was a wonderful story :)
Darksknight chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Simply amazing. I can not describe how beautiful this was, how perfect. Excellent work- I would love to see more like this. I can't believe I've never read this one before. It's so... perfect. Great work. Thank you so much for writing this.
Hinodeh chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This is a really great take on the whole "Ulquiorra becomes human" concept.
You did a great job describing his conflicting feelings and the irony of Orihime becoming his captor of sorts.

The build up of their relationship is also really good, including their attraction and awareness that they are mismatched and have a messed up past together.

I dunno if this is a one shot or not, but either way, I really enjoyed reading it.
Animecookie13 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
It was good, really good job reading Ulquiorra's emotions!