Reviews for It Was a November Day
Muncle chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This was handled very nicely, with the historical event, though of significance, takes a back seat to eh complications it could create for Illya. Nice take on this, and the conclusion reminds us of all the present day conspiracy theories.
Michiemabelle chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
This was beautifully written with great sensitivity. Illya and what he had to deal with as a Soviet citizen during one of the greatest tragedies to strike our nation. Very very well done.
ripon chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
if ever...so true! Knew where this was going directly I saw the date and remembered the shock and fear and horror of the end of Camelot, I felt that day. Illya would have been under such suspicion and Waverly was right to protect him. Glad you linked it with Illya's Russian meal and his visit to Little Russia. Surprised you did not extend this one a little but well written as usual. Thank you.
jkkitty1 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
What a sad ending to such a wonderful start to the day, life has a way to bring us back to reality.
MargaretLattany chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
My, but this was fantastic! I never thought of learning about another culture through fan writings, and this was delightful! On the show we mostly got he's Russian, smart, cool in his own way, and has a wierd name! You make Illya richer by giving your readers so much more. And during that time, I believe it would've been much as you describe. Lots of people were branded undesirable - or enemies to be feared, hated. If ever...yeah, there are stil conspiracy theories even now! Great read. Thanks for the education!
alynwa chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Good visual of Illya in Brooklyn attempting to get a taste of home. This is a great take on the picture and using the POV of the Russian on this horrible day is a smart move. Good job!
RoseLight chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
A very creative and skillful telling of a story we all know. A man without a country is homesick. We follow his melancholy trail and his temporary satisfaction. The historical event is almost a mere footnote; it is too shocking to analyze its global significance yet. The study zooms in on one individual as opposed to an entire nation, and his very personal implications. The story has a gentle flow throughout and then as sudden as a bullet, Reality strikes.