Reviews for Alive
razzberry96 chapter 3 . 1/6/2014
Bill is so rude! Zoey does not look heavy! XD Ahh can't wait to read about Zoey teaching people how to shoot! Whooooo! I thought it was sad that Zoey had to shoot her parents.. But it's for the best so they didn't suffer.
I thought it was a nice touch how you put Zoeys past in and how her life was before the apocolapse and how the guys met her. Keep it up! Can't wait to read ch.4
razzberry96 chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
Awwwwwwww Zoey sleeping next to Bill! I could see it right now :D got to tell you somthing: I really don't ship Zoey and Bill. I see them more as father and daughter. I ship Ellis and Zoey. :D but this story is to cute... I can't seem to stop reading! Great job! Also Samantha is funny! She's so awkward XD
razzberry96 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
Haha loved it! Well written, and absoustly loved the horde scene. Can't wait to read ch.2
Dialia chapter 10 . 7/15/2013
NEED MOARRR
Harry-Flashman chapter 10 . 6/29/2013
I always look forward to your updates DCI. In the case of Chapter 10 I appreciate the way you have introduced the "down time" concept. This works for two reasons: it's an opportunity for character development and living/existing in an apocalypse isn't all go-go-go zombie slaying. Good work!

A suggestion is to put in section break [e.g.] * * * to denote scene shifts.

A few minor typos and syntax wobblies but nothing distracting.
Roast Han chapter 9 . 4/10/2013
Gah I just loved the on-edge, tense vibe in this chapter! You're insanely talented. X
ToxicWolf1132 chapter 9 . 4/9/2013
shits for real now. on the bright side though, at least they arent left for dead :]...anyone? no one...:[
whoa chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
This actually gave me chills! It was so... What's the damn word? It actually put me in the situation and my cheek now hurts slightly. It's really warm where I'm reading this but I feel the rain. You should write more stories!
Roast Han chapter 8 . 3/9/2013
Man, this needs more reviews :/ it's awesome! Like you said, deffo building up to something here. Calm before the storm? Lovely lovely relationship build up also _
Roast Han chapter 7 . 2/8/2013
I sure did like :3 now where's my cookie?!
I get the feeling something super exciting night happen soon...
Harry-Flashman chapter 7 . 2/8/2013
Good effort DCIPHOENIX.

Your characterisation and dialogue have steadily lifted in depth and confidence since Chapter One.

I'm a nut for context and environmental descriptions as these help me "project" into the story, so well done on introducing more of these attributes as the chapters unfolded. Yep, chapters will get longer, so that's may be a bit awkward in your authoring: trade-offs eh?

Two thoughts which are offered in what are intended to be constructive:

1. The underlying story is somewhat masked. I get the idea of The Survivors getting orientated around their new-found safe haven, but what next? For example, is there an latent human drama in the offing (exploding tensions within the group) or is the haven not all it claims to be or is the haven subject to some external threat? (Illustrative parallel: Like the TV series Lost, the island was as engaging as the people doing the engaging. :) )

2. As per Valve's in-game character development commentary, I have Zoey's cards marked as a complex, almost bi-polar personality: she puts on a tough-chick persona who can hold her own in the apocalypse before the team; but in the recesses of her mind, at the core she's a gentle, warm-hearted young woman who has to make choices and behave in ways that no one of such a tender age and upbringing should ever have to. This, I believe, makes her vulnerable, conflicted and subject to free-floating self-doubt; all of which is reinforced by a scarce repressed wrenching guilt and angst stemming from having to shoot her parents. Zoey's psyche in relation to the fluid, traumatic uncertainties of the apocalypse is a very fruitful vein to author-mine, I reckon.

Keep up the good work!
Roast Han chapter 6 . 1/26/2013
Oh I loved the subtle Resi hints ;););) where's my cookies? Ehehe joking. Anyway, I like the build up if tension I'm your stories as wel as the way you explore and develop relationships whilst keeping the dry humour. Great work, keep it up please!
CerebrallyPerpetual chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
Wow! This is honestly my favorite L4D fanfiction at the moment. It really deserves more reviews! You captured each of the characters PERFECTLY. It's one of those rare fics where you can HEAR them saying these lines. The characterization is just that good.
The relationships are great and very real- not just between the survivors, but between Sam and Zoey, too.
I'm so glad you're still writing even with lack of reviews. You can definitely expect me back to read more!
Thomas chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
This is a pretty good start to the fanfiction of DCIPhoenix. I have a decent yet vague understanding of the world of Left4Dead, though it seems rather similiar to most zombie apocalypse movies. This piece gives me a good vision of what is happening in this scene and does a good job of setting the mood ready for a part two. However, this particular line appears to make no sense.

"Choosing the machine gun, a first aid kit and more ammo which she will most probably need in the next however long it'll take for the rescue helicopter to make it's way to them and rescue them."

Is it a grammatical error? Or is it my misunderstanding of what "next" is. The next what? Could anyone explain this sentence please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Good piece.
Roast Han chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
Looks like Zoey's getting back to her old self. I'd like to se her being even tougher and really holding her own.