Reviews for Mademoiselle Marlene
Hildegaarde chapter 1 . 6/20
I know I reviewed this before, but I wanted to come back and read it again. This was really well written, I love the way you've built the suspense with the prisoners' caper, the eating of the strudel, and LeBeau's account, all building up, building up...and then cutting it off so we don't exactly know what happened. It feels promising, rather than a let down, like maybe you could come back to this in another story and we might find out more!
mrspencil chapter 1 . 11/5/2019
This is wonderful...LeBeau’s quick thinking in the face of accelerated strudel consumption...and a slight teasing mystery as to the real tale:-) Well done.
Atarah Derekh chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
That was adorable. I especially love LeBeau baiting Newkirk at the end. This is the type of story Hogan would be most likely to tell if this were an episode of the series. But I love that you've given this one to LeBeau.
Rockport268 chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
That was a fun read. I love open-ended stories like this where there are some things left up to the reader's imagination.
And when I could so see Schultz saying "'No, my duty to strudel,'" in the show, I wouldn't be surprised if you lifted it from an episode. Actually, I think I'd be more surprised if he never said anything like that.
I love how you write all of the characters. They're all so perfect, from Schultzie to Newkirk. And speaking of Newkirk, I love how to worked him in at the end.
Glossina chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
LOL, I liked it. It was cute. I could just picture a very young Lebeau staring dreamy eyed at Marlene Dietrich.
Maid Marion chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
It was really good, I could really see every expression hear every word as though they were coming from the actors themselves. Well done.
Azaelea chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Love love love

LeBeau, I wanna hug _

Thank you!

Aza
xx
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I love the way you work food into so many of your stories: partly because it fits LeBeau so very well and partly because you work in so much of French culture in doing so. Tying in Marlene Dietrich is a wonderful idea: she’s the perfect cross-cultural period distraction for the Germans, the Frenchman, and the Englishman! You do a great job stretching out the tension of the story, as LeBeau has to cope with altered plans and save both Schultz and the mission that’s underway. Having Newkirk put his oar in at the end provides the opportunity for the perfect ending: LeBeau keeping the secret is so very in character as a way of one-upping his skeptical friend.
80sarcades chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Funny how even simple plans can go off, isn't it? LeBeau is quite the storyteller, and quite enjoyable too. Marlene Dietrich, indeed!

I liked this quote:

"You mean your duty as a soldier?"

"No, my duty to strudel."

Makes you really wonder if Schultz and LeBeau can be friends after the war. You write them so wonderfully, BTW.

Great work; I'm saving this to my favorites:-)
Snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Have you seen the Disney movie "Ratatouille?" (hope I spelled that correctly) This sort of reminded me of the movie, except it involves a rat, a sous chef, and a restaurant critic. Another wonderful entry in your food chronicles.
aragonite chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Bloody gorgeous and I'm sorry I missed it until now...but then, good things come to those who wait. It's like another Christmas present!
TXMedic chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
lol That was great. I thoroughly enjoyed that and hope to see more.
SpaceEngineerPeanut chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
What a delightful little story (nice cover art, too), thank you very much!

Brasserie , I wonder how many people have gotten those confused ;).
konarciq chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Very enjoyable and very much in keep with the series - as I expect from you by now! :-) Loved the banter and several memorable funny quotes (that last one took the cake!), and of course the whole brassiere/brasserie discussion with poor Langenscheidt's embarrassment :-D
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This reminds me of the one episode where LeBeau is telling a story about a woman to the guys and Schultz and he ends it with telling him that the woman stole his wallet.

LeBeau would never admit it, but I think he considers Schultz to be kind of like a favorite uncle.