Reviews for Life, Love, and the Headmistress
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 6/1
"Friends, lovers or flatmates?"

Or all of the above. You needn't really choose categories with the right person. Or persons.

Neville is finally realizing that love is the important thing.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 5/25
Hannah is probably quite right about the bedrooms; after all, both Minerva and Will have to account for snooping guests (although there's nothing like the handful of ball bearings in the medicine cabinet in the loo to liven up a party, is there?).

Neville still doesn't know what's going on, and in the old phrase is with child with curiosity.

And Hannah is being as obvious to Neville as Gilly was to Sam Tarly in this week's GoT episode, snicker.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 5/19
Sadly, Augusta is at least partly right about Minerva-she *is* always right, and the one time she thought she wasn't, she was mistaken.

And she does have a point about making assumptions (though I really think Neville isn't off base at all over Will and Minnie).

But I, too, think that the two of them are happy together. And that Minerva needs someone as tough as Will to stand up to her.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 5/8
I don't quite remember McGonagall being quite that available or nurturing in canon, but perhaps Neville saw a different side of her than Harry did-especially since Harry was not likely to confide in adults except at wand point, while Neville would naturally see her as less rigid than his grandmother-granted, cast iron is less rigid than his grandmother-and thus appeal to her more naturally and more often than Harry would.

Poor Hermione, I remember that stage of pregnancy, when you would like to lie down or sit comfortably, and it just isn't going to happen. She clearly cares a great deal for Minerva as well.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/4
In the States, they'd call Will and Minnie a 'Boston marriage' (well, not in the states where it would actually be legal...).

Poor Neville, he's going to learn that as junior member he'll get all the cr*p jobs that they used to dump on Snape. And how charming to know that Lupin's little prank is going to become a touchstone for those in that class forever on (though Neville probably never talks about the Vulture Hat out loud, and given his grandmother, is probably going to find it more memorable than most).

Nice description of the household, including the Terrifying Watch Kneazle. And I love the house elf's concern. At least they don't seem to get Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses there, giggle.
Swallow B chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
Sorry, I couldn't log in.

Sitting in an internet cafe far away from home and reading this with a big grin on my face.

The two bedrooms - great characterisation. I love the tartan curtains.

"People who thought Hufflepuffs were not as smart as Ravenclaws had not met Pomona Sprout." And a few others.

I like the repetition that all isn't about sex. It's meant for more than Neville's ears, I guess, and so true; It also balances some of your other stories that are focused on the sex aspect; of relationships.

Great line about Hogwarts settling deeper into Neville's bones.
LilyEvansLily chapter 5 . 12/16/2012
That was a lovely chapter. I'm pleased Neville got it off his chest. Didn't like to see him worrying!
MarauderBlood chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Just read the first chapter... really well written! Can't wait to read more :)
delilahmedea chapter 4 . 12/15/2012
I want to go to a party at Prof. McGonagall's house.
LilyEvansLily chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Aww love for Neville!
miss ellinor chapter 3 . 12/2/2012
I'm intrigued. Amazing start. More, please?
P.S. : Who doesn't know about Hermione's girl crush on Professor Mcgonagall? I for one will be the first to admit I have one myself...
LilyEvansLily chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
Tee-hee! Neville's gran's a live wire eh?
Swallow B chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
It is interesting to see how Neville's relationship with his grandmother has evolved. And he has a point: Augusta seems to be annoyed at Minerva for being too much like herself. It's good that Neville has grown to to assert himself. Though about "wars and years making grownups of us all", and wishing no more wars for Neville and his friends, experience has taught me that being a grownup often means shutting your mouth. Neville still has some way to go, but he is still quite young.

I like the fact that he did not get carried away and decide to be an Auror. His choice is much more constructive and suits him better. And I understand his hope that his grandmother appreciates him for what he is and not because of some fantasy about him.

All in all, Neville has become a fine young man. I hope Augusta is proud of him.

As for her attitude to Minerva and Will's relationship, it reflects how different generations look at things. Both generations' attitude is understandable and defendable.
delilahmedea chapter 2 . 11/30/2012
I love anything well-written about Minerva McGonagall's private life. This is great!

Shy Neville learning that teachers have lives too, and Hermione with her unrequited crush. How many of us have girl crushes on stern yet awesome women?
Swallow B chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
This has the innocence of tone of your first stories, in which the students become aware that Professor McGonagall has a life apart from school. Variation on a theme. I enjoy hearing Neville's adult PoV, it gives it a different twist. She must have been an important figure in his life,as well as Professor Sprout. It's nice to hear the students' appreciation of their Head of house, as it is rather understated in Canon - but I suppose it is in life too.