Reviews for Life, Love, and the Headmistress
Swallow B chapter 5 . 12/17/2012
Sorry, I couldn't log in.

Sitting in an internet cafe far away from home and reading this with a big grin on my face.

The two bedrooms - great characterisation. I love the tartan curtains.

"People who thought Hufflepuffs were not as smart as Ravenclaws had not met Pomona Sprout." And a few others.

I like the repetition that all isn't about sex. It's meant for more than Neville's ears, I guess, and so true; It also balances some of your other stories that are focused on the sex aspect; of relationships.

Great line about Hogwarts settling deeper into Neville's bones.
LilyEvansLily chapter 5 . 12/16/2012
That was a lovely chapter. I'm pleased Neville got it off his chest. Didn't like to see him worrying!
MarauderBlood chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Just read the first chapter... really well written! Can't wait to read more :)
delilahmedea chapter 4 . 12/15/2012
I want to go to a party at Prof. McGonagall's house.
LilyEvansLily chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Aww love for Neville!
miss ellinor chapter 3 . 12/2/2012
I'm intrigued. Amazing start. More, please?
P.S. : Who doesn't know about Hermione's girl crush on Professor Mcgonagall? I for one will be the first to admit I have one myself...
LilyEvansLily chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
Tee-hee! Neville's gran's a live wire eh?
Swallow B chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
It is interesting to see how Neville's relationship with his grandmother has evolved. And he has a point: Augusta seems to be annoyed at Minerva for being too much like herself. It's good that Neville has grown to to assert himself. Though about "wars and years making grownups of us all", and wishing no more wars for Neville and his friends, experience has taught me that being a grownup often means shutting your mouth. Neville still has some way to go, but he is still quite young.

I like the fact that he did not get carried away and decide to be an Auror. His choice is much more constructive and suits him better. And I understand his hope that his grandmother appreciates him for what he is and not because of some fantasy about him.

All in all, Neville has become a fine young man. I hope Augusta is proud of him.

As for her attitude to Minerva and Will's relationship, it reflects how different generations look at things. Both generations' attitude is understandable and defendable.
delilahmedea chapter 2 . 11/30/2012
I love anything well-written about Minerva McGonagall's private life. This is great!

Shy Neville learning that teachers have lives too, and Hermione with her unrequited crush. How many of us have girl crushes on stern yet awesome women?
Swallow B chapter 2 . 11/26/2012
This has the innocence of tone of your first stories, in which the students become aware that Professor McGonagall has a life apart from school. Variation on a theme. I enjoy hearing Neville's adult PoV, it gives it a different twist. She must have been an important figure in his life,as well as Professor Sprout. It's nice to hear the students' appreciation of their Head of house, as it is rather understated in Canon - but I suppose it is in life too.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Interesting beginning. Good Neville, you are good at getting into different characters' I love Pomona, and Will, of course.(I still sense some echoes of those school stories, mostly in Pomona's voice - but maybe I have just been reading them too much lately.) Looking forward to more.
FancyFreeThinker101 chapter 1 . 11/20/2012